The Duke of Cambridge as President of The Royal Marsden NHS Foundation Trust

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah didn't he want to be policemen so that he could protect Diana?
x

I think it was mentioned in Andrew Morton's 1992 bio on William's mother.

oh, I read that article where William told a reporter that he wanted to be a policeman or a fireman and Harry told him you can't you have to be KING >>>>lol

I remember the same quotes attributed to Harry around the time both boys were photographed in kiddy-size police uniforms on a police motorbike, maybe late 1980's.

Another article on the upcoming visit to the Royal Marsden Hospital. I'm glad William will get to see Alice, the little girl who got to interview him several years ago. I saw the interview, and thought it was very cute. William was totally at ease, and got a kick out of being called 'Prince Harry' at the end of the interview :ROFLMAO:. Looking forward to seeing Catherine's interactions with the kids (if there will be any of course).

Express.co.uk - Home of the Daily and Sunday Express | UK News :: Prince William introduces Duchess Kate to Royal Marsden NHS Foundation Trust

:previous: Lovely story; the charity also seems close to William's own heart due to his mother's affiliation. Great anecdote about Alice as well.

Another article on the upcoming visit to the Royal Marsden Hospital. I'm glad William will get to see Alice, the little girl who got to interview him several years ago. I saw the interview, and thought it was very cute. William was totally at ease, and got a kick out of being called 'Prince Harry' at the end of the interview :ROFLMAO:. Looking forward to seeing Catherine's interactions with the kids (if there will be any of course).

Express.co.uk - Home of the Daily and Sunday Express | UK News :: Prince William introduces Duchess Kate to Royal Marsden NHS Foundation Trust

This was a very nice article. Hopefully when the time is right Kate will become patron of a charity that is dear to her.

Last edited:
Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, arrives in Sutton, south-east England, to open a children's cancer unit at the Royal Marsden Hospital. September 29, 2011

Daily Mail: Following in Diana's footsteps: Duke and Duchess of Cambridge visit cancer-stricken children at Royal Marsden hospital
What I expected to see, but was delighted by!:)
I think William comes across as very dutiful and caring, working a long night, but not saying, " Cancel, I'm too tired."
How many Royals do you know that take their suit-jacket off, and wash in antiseptic gel, without a murmur?
Loved that he and Kate sat on patients beds. Loved William cracking jokes, and the overall laid- back manner.
As usual, they were a hit! Britain is lucky...

What I expected to see, but was delighted by!:)
I think William comes across as very dutiful and caring, working a long night, but not saying, " Cancel, I'm too tired."
How many Royals do you know that take their suit-jacket off, and wash in antiseptic gel, without a murmur?
Loved that he and Kate sat on patients beds. Loved William cracking jokes, and the overall laid- back manner.
As usual, they were a hit! Britain is lucky...

Spot on, as usual.

Here are some more pictures from the visit.

They probably made this little boy's day. He looks adorable and happy (albeit maybe a little shy).
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2011/09/29/article-2043150-0E25E3E800000578-561_634x730.jpg

Pointing something out.
http://www2.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Prince+William+Kate+Middleton+Visits+Royal+V5Vtm2U8YpBl.jpg

Bring on that enthusiasm, Catherine!
http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/0fn0aOg90G1YS/610x.jpg

Having a chat.
http://30.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lsaq2wTEj11r22uzgo1_400.jpg

The famous guiding hand.
http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/0cUwdVPgEGbj1/610x.jpg

Love the fact that it goes both ways.
http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/00NFbrYdnw0XG/x610.jpg

Mingling with the crowd.
http://cache4.asset-cache.net/xc/12...d=77BFBA49EF8789219B309651A2344B3F39CE8AE6CB0

More flowers.
http://26.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lsaqorzbbM1qjrmi6o1_400.jpg

His speech, and the clips of the visit made me tear up. The smiles on the faces of these children say it all.
Duke of Cambridge races from rescue mission to royal engagement - Telegraph

Video from BBC.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-15110511

Last edited:
Was a little sad to hear Alice is being treated for a brain tumour. I think last we had heard from her the cancer had left not quite too sure it has been 2 years but I hope the best for her. She really has grown hasn't she?! I read Catherine took off her engagement ring when she went inside and when she left she hadn't put it back on so I do hope she remembered to grab it before she left!

Daria, very nice photos and I really like the captions; I can't even say which is my favorite. I always get a chuckle when I see Kate so expressive with her hands; she must have some Italian blood in her! :lol:

Anyway, it looked like a wonderful visit that went down well and I'm in total agreement with Roseroyal's comments.

Last edited:
Just a question, will Kate have to...IDK..."learn" to not use her hands so much? I don't have a problem with it, I was just wondering.

Daria, very nice photos and I really like the captions; I can't even say which is my favorite. I always get a chuckle when I see Kate so expressive with her hands; she must have some Italian blood in her! :lol:

Anyway, it looked like a wonderful visit that went down well and I'm in total agreement with Roseroyal's comments.

Yes, her gesticulating reminds me of my cousin's neighbors, who Italian (the parents came from Italy, but the children were born here). They were always so expressive, and used their hands to emphasize a point. I think the using one's hands can help the conversation, and make it a bit more lively.

I don't know how I came up with the captions. I think it just happened. I didn't want to post links without some sort of description. Gave pictures more 'life', if you will (not that they were boring to begin with).

I think this visit was another success Catherine and William can add to their list of 'a job well done'. It would seem that everywhere they go, they bring about smiles. It's wonderful to see (and I don't think I need to talk about how both of them are wonderful with children).

:previous:I'm of Italian descent, so if I couldn't use my hands when talking I'd be mute! :ROFLMAO: I feel it adds more "punctuation" to a conversation.

I'm sure, though, that Kate's habit of gesturing might be an area where her training may emphasize less of it. I really hope she doesn't totally lose that trait because I'd hate to see all of her naturalness subdued.

Last edited:
Thank you both ladies!
Love the pics.
The smiles say it all... Will posing with the little boy is my favorite... How many Royals kneel on the floor with kids?
Know I am going to sound like a broken record, but William does Diana proud... the pic of him laughing on the bed makes me think of a wonderful Di vid on You Tube, she is visiting a cystic fibrosis patient, and she plonks down on the bed right down on the nurse's call button. Nurse comes in to find Di laughing her head off...
I bet William and Kate will make wonderful, involved parents... they are so awesome with kids, ( but we already know that)
I hope William and Kate keep the William and Kate touch when they are King and Queen.

Last edited:
Thank you both ladies!
Love the pics.
The smiles say it all... Will posing with the little boy is my favorite... How many Royals kneel on the floor with kids?
Know I am going to sound like a broken record, but William does Diana proud... the pic of him laughing on the bed makes me think of a wonderful Di vid on You Tube, she is visiting a cystic fibrosis patient, and she plonks down on the bed right down on the nurse's call button. Nurse comes in to find Di laughing her head off...
I bet William and Kate will make wonderful, involved parents... they are so awesome with kids, ( but we already know that)

Sophie interacts with the children when she does visits to these areas, as well as her personal interest in visiting children with learning difficulties. She kneels, haha. But I can't picture any of the others doing it, William seems to be at ease with the public and his visits. More so than he was in the past. It's lovely to see, especially with Catherine present now. They both seemed very comfortable chatting with the children.

It's nice to see each William and Catherine placing hands on one anothers shoulder. I am often annoyed by how afraid of displaying affection our British royal couples are. Even a gesture of placing a hand on the shoulder is nice, but you never see the other couples doing it. Nice and refreshing.

:previous:I'm of Italian descent, so if I couldn't use my hands when talking I'd be mute! :ROFLMAO: I feel it adds more "punctuation" to a conversation.

I'm sure, though, that Kate's habit of gesturing might be an area where her training may emphasize less of it. I really hope she doesn't totally lose that trait because I'd hate to see all of her naturalness subdued.

That is something I fear as well. I think if she were advised to be more 'subdued', then the Firm would be throwing away the best aspect of Catherine; her natural ease with people, and desire to be hands-on.

Roseroyal, I'm with you 110%. I haven't seen too many Royals kneel down and play with the kids, and actually have fun doing it (of course Diana, William, Catherine, Harry, and Sophie are exceptions to that rule). I've seen some pictures of Royals from the Continent interacting with children, and the only one who even comes close to people I've listed above is Crown Princess Victoria. Her face (just like Diana & Co.'s lights up when talking with children).

That is something I fear as well. I think if she were advised to be more 'subdued', then the Firm would be throwing away the best aspect of Catherine; her natural ease with people, and desire to be hands-on.

Roseroyal, I'm with you 110%. I haven't seen too many Royals kneel down and play with the kids, and actually have fun doing it (of course Diana, William, Catherine, Harry, and Sophie are exceptions to that rule). I've seen some pictures of Royals from the Continent interacting with children, and the only one who even comes close to people I've listed above is Crown Princess Victoria. Her face (just like Diana & Co.'s lights up when talking with children).

If she would'nt be interacting with the kids,she would look like she does not want to be there.I think she's sweet!

Last edited:
If she would'nt be interacting with kids,she would look like she does not want to be there.I think she's sweet!

I agree with you. I wasn't trying to criticize her, and I apologize if it came out that way :flowers:.

I agree with you. I wasn't trying to criticize her, and I apologize if it came out that way :flowers:.

I did'nt think you were!

Anyway,I loved the pictures of Will with the kids!

I did'nt think you were!

Anyway,I loved the pictures of Will with the kids!

Ok, good. I always that the tone of comments may be misinterpreted, especially on the internet.

Thank you for the video. They both appear to have good interaction with children.

well, yes..... I am crying, he is diana's son!!!! I love see they with children can't wair for see catherine and william own kids!!!! diana do a very good with wills and harry. loverly pictures

Please lets not start the William is Diana's son discussion again....it gives off the impression that Charles had no role in William's up bringing. Whether one means or not....very often it is interpreted that way and we go off topic.

Thank you!

Absolutely thrilled to see the Cambridges yesterday. They both look especially bright, gorgeous and happy -- and the pictures just made me smile. Glad to see them back from hibernation looking so well.

@Rosapru: interesting. Wonder if that's part of her "education" or charity research.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom