The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 02-13-2019, 03:36 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by BorgQueen View Post
I wonder if the BAFTA's is something that might be handed over to Meghan and Harry one day. I'm just thinking that Meghan would be a better fit since she has theater and acting quals etc.
I don't see what her theatre and acting qualification have to do with being a better fit to a role that is essentially to show up and hand out an award. William succeeded Sir Richard Attenborough as President of BAFTA after his Aunt Anne, Great Uncle Dickie and his grandfather Philip were Presidents. William has been President for 9 years so to take it away from the future King is futile I think.

I personally don't see it having a better impact for BAFTA if The Duchess of Sussex were to be President, than the future King.

Whilst there will be a division of patronages when HM and Philip pass on, most of which are being divided out now, this will no doubt have already been decided and will have little effect on the patronages royals already have.

Old 02-13-2019, 04:09 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by BorgQueen View Post
I wonder if the BAFTA's is something that might be handed over to Meghan and Harry one day. I'm just thinking that Meghan would be a better fit since she has theater and acting quals etc.

Meghan wasn't on the scene when William got the BAFTA's so I just wonder if he's the best fit for it now.

Maybe when Charles succeeds there might be opportunity for a bit of re-shuffling, indeed I would think they would have to be given Charles will be stepping up and everyone else will have to share out or review what will happen to all the patronages across the board.

Have royals ever changed patronages 'mid stream' (excluding generational/retirement type handovers like the Queen giving the tennis to Catherine, I mean) amongst themselves?

Would it be seen as an insult to the patronage or would they just be grateful they have any royal support since it's in such demand?
I would be surprised to see if Meghan is handed over the BAFTA patronage. William has been involved since 2010, after taking over from Anne, who took over from the DoE. I would expect to see William retain this patronage in the long term.

Meghan has been handed over the NT patronage. There are also a number of other, lower profile theatre and acting related patronages that various members of the BRF have. If there are any of the older generation that come up, I am sure Meghan will be considered for them.

Old 02-13-2019, 05:08 AM
Commoner

It's always been interesting to me to see who gets what. I often wonder if they have some personal interest and it's primarily based on that, obviously with mental health, that's something all the 'fab four' are pursuing. I would think they also consider the time commitment required, and if the events clash with anything they already do.

It makes me curious what interests and 'private' hobbies the royal have that we don't know about. Things they might be quiet expert on privately and so that makes them better options for X patronage.
Old 02-13-2019, 05:23 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
I would be surprised to see if Meghan is handed over the BAFTA patronage. William has been involved since 2010, after taking over from Anne, who took over from the DoE. I would expect to see William retain this patronage in the long term.
William took over from Lord Attenborough, not his Aunt. Unless you mean purely in the royal sense as Lord Attenborough wasn't an HRH.
Old 02-13-2019, 06:56 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
William took over from Lord Attenborough, not his Aunt. Unless you mean purely in the royal sense as Lord Attenborough wasn't an HRH.
YOu are right, I had not appreciated Lord Attenborough's involvement.
Old 09-04-2019, 12:26 PM
Majesty

“The Duke of Cambridge, @BAFTA President, will visit BAFTA Piccadilly on Monday 16th September to officially open their new public venue, and launch BAFTA: Behind the Screens, a public exhibition celebrating the craft and work behind BAFTA-winning and nominated productions.”

Via Kensington Palace Twitter
Old 09-16-2019, 10:05 AM
Majesty

Some pics of William in London for his Bafta event

https://twitter.com/finnspirit/statu...367029763?s=21

https://twitter.com/finnspirit/statu...661173762?s=21
Old 09-16-2019, 10:21 AM
Administrator

Here are some more photos and a video of the Duke of Cambridge at today's opening:

** rex gallery ** gettyimages gallery **

** dm article: Beaming Prince William puts on a dapper display as he opens BAFTA's new .. **

Old 09-16-2019, 02:29 PM
Aristocracy

@Rudolph
Very nice pictures! I love William's smile. So many people turn out.
The lady was truly lucky and got amazing shots!
Old 09-17-2019, 08:48 AM
Heir Apparent

Court Circular 16th September:
Kensington Palace

The Duke of Cambridge, President, this morning officially opened the British Academy of Film and Television Arts' new public venue, 194 Piccadilly, London W1, and launched the "BAFTA: Behind the Screens" exhibition.

His Royal Highness, President, British Academy of Film and Television Awards, later received Ms. Amanda Berry (Chief Executive Officer).