The Duke of Cambridge as President of The Royal Marsden NHS Foundation Trust

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JessRulz

Former Administrator
City
Melbourne
Country
Australia
30kxfu0.png

Arms of HRH The Duke of Cambridge

The Duke of Cambridge as
President of The Royal Marsden NHS Foundation Trust

Announced May 4, 2007

"At The Royal Marsden, we deal with cancer every day so we understand how valuable life is.
And when people entrust their lives to us, they have the right to demand the very best."

Official Website

Last edited:
The Prince has previously visited the hospital, most recently in December 2005, when he undertook two days work experience in the Children’s Unit. Prince William helped out in a variety of departments, including medical research, catering, and fund-raising, as well as visiting a number of wards including children’s units.
It sounds like a wonderful place, I can see why William would want to support the hospital and its research.

That's wonderful William visited the patients and staff. He really seems like a kind person and will be a great king one day.:flowers:

That's wonderful William visited the patients and staff. He really seems like a kind person and will be a great king one day.:flowers:

One visit a Saint does not make...

I think his military training has been far too extensive. A short period of time (maybe around 4-6 months) with each branch of the military would have sufficed to give him an impression of military workings. He doesn't need a full-fledged 3 year education as commander on one of the best military schools in the UK (Sandhurst) when it's clear to everyone that he'll never use it. Neither does he need to be trained to fly jets. As head of the armed forces he's not supposed to fight with them but merely a figure head and he can very well be that without spending so much time as a "toy soldier". He'd be far better off spending his time on charity work and in the diplomatic services, IMO, since that's the main "working area" for Royals nowadays.

I think it's a good sign that he decided to visit the hospital (probably on short notice since the fire was only a couple of days ago). I hope he'll participate in more engagements this year and shows some initiative of his own when it comes to charity work. Harry has his own charity since he's 18 after all while William hasn't really shown much interest in any particular field, yet.

One visit a Saint does not make...
I'm sure to those people he is a saint. They are ill people and on top of that they had to be evacuated from one hospital to another because the hospital they were in caught fire and they are happy to know that people care. Whether or not he is a saint to you is your own opinion.

Te be frank, big deal that he went. It's about time. Gordon Brown was down there immediately, what took Wills so long? Was he sobering up? It's obvious this has been forced by the spin doctors to improve his image, he has no interest in those people or that hospital and he's condescending to them by pretending he does.

A military family who can no longer serve in the military. How is learning to fly useful to William when he'll never be asked to fly a plane? Come on. All they can do is wear uniforms and mince about and in my book that's not military service - that's a fetish weekend in Hove.

I know we've been through this in another thread, but to claim that military training and simply putting on a uniform for the sake of dressing up are the same thing is nonsensical, as well as being insulting to people who have served in the military in a non-combat capacity in the past.

Harry's Afrika Korps uniform was a case of using military gear for dressing up; William's RAF training isn't. Please don't try and claim you don't know the difference.

In my view Elspeth, there is no difference. And thats the truth, I see no difference at all.

No difference between months of training and simply putting on a uniform? How about the difference between medical training and putting on a white coat? No difference at all?

When you train and put that white coat on, you go on to treat people in that white coat. When you train and put on a uniform, you usually go to do something worthwhile in the army. It's been made abundantly clear that William can NEVER fight and he can't have a desk job so what's the point? His training has simply been to justify him wearing a uniform in his future role as King. Which IMO is ridiculous.

why cant he Have a Desk Job Beatrix Fan

The little matter of him being a member of the Royal Family who should be doing Royal duties?

He Has done quite a few hasnt he anyway what will his F.O. Uniform look like

Pics from Mediumphoto
HRH Prince William visiting the Royal Marsden Hospital in Kensington, 2008-05-06.
MediumPhoto

WHOA ! Wills has really stepped it up a notch recently...he`s everywhere ! I guess being criticised for doing nothing really struck a cord with Clarence House, it seems his agenda is all of a sudden full =) which is good, if he keeps that up he could beat Pr Anne`s yearly record of engagements :ROFLMAO:

Good job Will, u know i love ya ;)

I thought the interview was cute. William does seem to have a great rapport with children.

Well done, young Alice. What a pleasure to see a light hearted and charming Prince William!:)

Yes indeed such wonderful man :)
x

Yeah didn't he want to be policemen so that he could protect Diana?
x

oh, I read that article where William told a reporter that he wanted to be a policeman or a fireman and Harry told him you can't you have to be KING >>>>lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom