Announced September 13, 2005

Official Website

Old 09-13-2005, 11:32 AM
Courtier

and more article...

http://www.centrepoint.org.uk/main.a...1976&pid=28853

Old 09-13-2005, 01:10 PM
Heir Presumptive

Well, is really clear, Wills is diana's boy.
Today the world has embraced new royal Princesses in the form of Mary of Denmark and Maxima of the Netherlands. But it's questionable whether even these hugely popular, increasingly glamorous future Queens will ever capture the world's imagination in the same way as Diana.
As Mario acknowledges: "She really was a true Princess".
-www.theroyalist.net-
Old 09-13-2005, 02:25 PM
Gentry

Well, good thing!
Old 09-13-2005, 03:40 PM
Administrator

Fantastic news! I know this sounds silly...but little things like this show that her boys haven't forgotten her memory. I know that Prince Charles is a good father and I know that they want him to be happy (i.e. the marriage with Camilla). But sometimes it just seems like Camilla has totally stepped into her life and has the opportunity to participate in things that Diana can't (graduation, wedding, birth of children, etc.)

Sorry if that offends anyone.
Old 09-13-2005, 06:35 PM
Heir Apparent

im glad William become patrons of centrepoints but im wishes Diana was here and she would proud of William as patrons of centrepoints and he would getting more patrons and presidents to replaces of his mother the Princess Diana im really hope so!

but i tried to find that pictures in getty images but nobody there pictures of William! if you have pictures?

Sara Boyce
Old 09-14-2005, 10:17 AM
Heir Presumptive

http://www.eluniversal.com.mx/estilos/44537.html

William premieres itself in the charity

14 of September of 2005

The prince William of England will premiere in the honor president functions with a charitable company of aid to the people without home, has elected the own youth, of 23 years.
The prince will preside the foundation Centrepoint, continuing the steps of its mother, the dead Diana of Wales, that assumed that responsibility in 1992, reported yesterday the official residence of Clarence House.
The prince is "deeply worried" by the people, above all the youths, that "they are found living in the street without an own house", according to official sources.
William has been working as a volunteer in Centrepoint in the last two days, during which has spoken with people without ceiling and has helped in the search of solutions to its situation.
Companies as this "perform an impressive work for the fight in favor of the social exclusion and I only intend to give them my support to its efforts", declared the youth. (EFE)
Old 09-14-2005, 05:05 PM
Heir Apparent

Wills becomes patrons of Diana's Charity
http://www.hellomagazine.com/royalty...princewilliam/

Old 09-14-2005, 05:11 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonk1189
Fantastic news! I know this sounds silly...but little things like this show that her boys haven't forgotten her memory. I know that Prince Charles is a good father and I know that they want him to be happy (i.e. the marriage with Camilla). But sometimes it just seems like Camilla has totally stepped into her life and has the opportunity to participate in things that Diana can't (graduation, wedding, birth of children, etc.)
Zonk1189, it doesn't sound silly at all - it was exactly what I was thinking. At times it does seem Diana is forgotten, or that when she is remembered, it is only in a negative way. It is nice to see that the work that was important to her is being continued by the sons which she loved so much. Diana took her young sons to homeless shelters and hospices, hoping to giving them an idea of the struggles faced by those less fortunate. She was criticized by some who thought William & Harry were too young to be exposed to that side of life. So it is nice to hear that years later, William viewed these visits in a very positive light:

"My mother introduced that sort of area to me a long time ago. It was a real eye-opener and I'm very glad she did. It's been something I've held close to me for a long time." http://www.hellomagazine.com/royalty...princewilliam/
Old 09-16-2005, 03:51 PM
Royal Highness

Prince William first visited Centrepoint with his mother

Prince William has chosen a young people's homelessness charity as the first to which he will be a patron.

The 23-year-old will be following in the footsteps of his mother, who became a patron to the charity in 1992.

Clarence House said William had spent the past two days working as a volunteer at Centrepoint.

He said he was "deeply concerned" for people, especially the young, "who find themselves living on the streets or without a proper home". .....

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/4242466.stm

Old 09-16-2005, 08:52 PM
Nobility

I'm so thrilled he's doing this! I can't wait to see him taking a bigger part in Royal Duties!
Old 12-20-2006, 10:22 AM
Commoner

Prince William visits Centerpoint

http://www.princeofwales.gov.uk/news...000756406.html
Old 12-20-2006, 10:28 AM
Heir Presumptive

thanks for the link, william look happy in his work.
Today the world has embraced new royal Princesses in the form of Mary of Denmark and Maxima of the Netherlands. But it's questionable whether even these hugely popular, increasingly glamorous future Queens will ever capture the world's imagination in the same way as Diana.
As Mario acknowledges: "She really was a true Princess".
-www.theroyalist.net-
Old 12-20-2006, 11:09 AM
Heir Apparent

Prince William meets homeless teens at Centrepoint hostel

Prince William met homeless youngsters today on a private visit to a Centrepoint hostel.
The 24-year-old chatted to teenagers as he dropped in on a shelter to help with breakfast early this morning.
During the low-key visit in Soho, central London, William met some of those who would have been spending Christmas on the streets had it not been for the charity's support.

Pictures:
Prince William
Prince William helps in the kitchen
Prince William speaks to a young homeless
Prince William speaks to a young homeless 2
Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Old 12-20-2006, 03:26 PM
Heir Apparent

William meets youngsters at homeless shelter
http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/news/a...ter/article.do
Old 12-21-2006, 07:27 AM
Commoner

Here's from hellomagazine;

http://www.hellomagazine.com/royalty...m-centrepoint/
Old 03-12-2009, 08:15 PM
Heir Apparent

At Centrepoint gala
Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected
Old 03-13-2009, 05:36 AM
Heir Presumptive

From Getty
HRH Prince William, as Patron, attends a dinner in the St James's Palace State Apartments on the occasion of the 40th Anniversary of Centrepoint, the UK's leading homeless youth charity on March 12, 2009 in London, England.

Gallery Getty

Gallery Mediumphoto
Old 03-15-2009, 04:01 PM
Royal Highness

Centrepoint Dinner

Centrepoint Dinner | Galleries | Latest Pictures
Old 03-16-2009, 01:17 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by QUEENECE29 View Post
I love the picture of Jools Holland.
Prince William is growing into fine young man :)
x