The Duke of Cambridge as Patron of Centrepoint 1: Ending Sep 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Prince William rocks out to Bon Jovi and Taylor Swift in aid of Centrepoint-
Prince William rocks out to Bon Jovi and Taylor Swift in aid of Centrepoint | Royal | News | Daily Express

Robert Jobson ‏@theroyaleditor 20m
Bon Jovi said on meeting William: "I met his father and I met his grandfather. He's still a young kid to me, but a nice young kid."

Robert Jobson ‏@theroyaleditor 20m
Bon Jovi said Prince George was the next generation for him to meet: "The baby's next, its all good."

Robert Jobson ‏@theroyaleditor 21m
Bon Jovi promised to try to get William up on stage to do a duet of his big hit, Livin' On A Prayer.

Robert Jobson ‏@theroyaleditor 15m
#TaylorSwift: "I'm absolutely excited. I don't think I've ever played at a palace before so it is really wonderful."

Robert Jobson ‏@theroyaleditor 14m
#TaylorSwift describing her meeting with #PrinceWilliam: "He was very funny. I was really happy he was funny."

Pictures:
Winter Whites Center Centrepoint Gala 26 November 2013-
Rex Features - Leading photographic press agency and picture library

Pictures:
Arrivals at the Winter Whites Gala in London-
Arrivals at the Winter Whites Gala in London - Pictures - Zimbio

One knew you were trouble when you walked in: Prince William meets Taylor Swift after day at the zoo with Prince Charles-
Awesome... and very funny too! What queen of pop royalty Taylor Swift thought of Prince William (and he looks pretty impressed) | Mail Online

Taylor Swift has real-life princess moment in stunning gold and white gown as she heads up the stars at the Winter Whites Gala-
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...hite-gown-heads-stars-Winter-Whites-Gala.html

Last edited by a moderator:
PA Picture Desk ‏@PAPictureDesk 19m
Picture of Prince William singing with @taylorswift13 and @BonJovi at the @centrepointuk Gala Dinner tonight pic.twitter.com/1SA3ZVPJQ6

Rebecca English ‏@RE_DailyMail 22m
Prince William and @taylorswift13 acted as backing singers as Jon Bon Jovi played.....singing the Living On A Prayer chorus into microphone

Rebecca English ‏@RE_DailyMail 23m
Aides insisted last night that the stunt hadn’t been planned in advance. ‘No-one knew a thing, it was totally off-the-cuff,’ said one.

Robert Jobson ‏@theroyaleditor 14m
#TaylorSwift describing her meeting with #PrinceWilliam: "He was very funny. I was really happy he was funny." __________________

I think we can all die happy now. Taylor Swift approves. :cool::cool::cool:

There's the reserve there but it's amazing to see William singing with Taylor and Jon on stage. Now all we have to do is get Catherine on the stage to help bring down the stage.

Pictures:
Some pictures from inside the Winter White’s Gala- Wow!!!
TIME AND WISDOM

I want the dessert.

Prince William meets Taylor Swift and Jon Bon Jovi! - YouTube

As long as I get Taylor's dress, you can have it. :D. Seriously, I don't know who has been designing Taylor's Gala dresses lately, but she's really been stunning lately.

Glad to see William get into the swing of things, go up there and have some fun. He's really blossomed in both confidence and his ability to let go a wee bit and just really enjoy his public role in the last few years. I truly believe we have Kate and now George to thank for that.

Even so...I still can't believe he did that. I wouldn't be able to do that and I adore Bon Jovi too!! Good on him!! :D

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

He always seems to enjoy himself at centrepoint events...its nice to see...its too bad the event itself (even though the concert part hadn't start b4 brit papers went to press) didn't get front page coverage.

RoyalKateDebate ‏@RoyalKateDebate 2h
William said he left George 'screaming his head off' last night

I'm sure Catherine is happy William enjoyed himself last night, lol.

Some people wonder if that would have happened if kate was there...I see no reason as to why it wouldn't have happened if she was there...Jon bon jovi probably would have still asked...I heard he also wanted people to go home and donate..and hopefully they did so.

Some people wonder if that would have happened if kate was there...I see no reason as to why it wouldn't have happened if she was there...Jon bon jovi probably would have still asked...I heard he also wanted people to go home and donate..and hopefully they did so.

I absolutely believe it would have happened had Catherine been there. I do not understand why anyone would think it would not have happened if she had been there. She is a very supportive wife, or at least seems to be.

I heard they raised alot of money last night...that's so good to hear. :)

If Catherine had attended, I don't think William would have asked Taylor Swift to join him. Catherine is a good sport. It would have been Bon Jovi, William, and Catherine. I am not saying it would have been more fun than the clip, just different.

I heard they raised alot of money last night...that's so good to hear. :)
Excellent news. Centrepoint was an important program to Diana and I'm glad to see that William is supporting it too.

I don't think william asked taylor to join him...I think bon jovi did...he def seems like he planned on asking at least one of them to sing with him.

As long as I get Taylor's dress, you can have it. :D. Seriously, I don't know who has been designing Taylor's Gala dresses lately, but she's really been stunning lately.

Glad to see William get into the swing of things, go up there and have some fun. He's really blossomed in both confidence and his ability to let go a wee bit and just really enjoy his public role in the last few years. I truly believe we have Kate and now George to thank for that.

Even so...I still can't believe he did that. I wouldn't be able to do that and I adore Bon Jovi too!! Good on him!! :D

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

I don't think william asked taylor to join him...I think bon jovi did...he def seems like he planned on asking at least one of them to sing with him.

The Daily Mail article said that William insisted Taylor Swift join him, but perhaps that isn't the case. I don't think it would have made a difference though. I can't see Bon Jovi asking William to sing and not asking Catherine.

^^ I can't see him not inviting both of them, either. Had Kate been there, it would probably have been the four of them ... William, Kate, Bon Jovi, and Taylor Swift. Kate would probably have gotten into the spirit along with William.

The Daily Mail article said that William insisted Taylor Swift join him, but perhaps that isn't the case. I don't think it would have made a difference though. I can't see Bon Jovi asking William to sing and not asking Catherine.

Perhaps he asked TS so that one of them would be on key. I doubt he asked her because she is a woman and he needed a woman up there with him.

^^ I can't see him not inviting both of them, either. Had Kate been there, it would probably have been the four of them ... William, Kate, Bon Jovi, and Taylor Swift. Kate would probably have gotten into the spirit along with William.

Totally agree with you re: catherine
People need to rewatch the Tuvalu dancing clips to truely get a feel of just how much Catherine would have "gotten onto the spirit". It would have been amazing to see "Mr & Mrs" Cambridge singing together.
However William on his own is still amazing, I suspect he sings to George as well

Totally agree with you re: catherine
People need to rewatch the Tuvalu dancing clips to truely get a feel of just how much Catherine would have "gotten onto the spirit". It would have been amazing to see "Mr & Mrs" Cambridge singing together.
However William on his own is still amazing, I suspect he sings to George as well

I remember that clip, and it would have been wonderful to see William and Catherine singing together with Bon Jovi. I know Catherine used to sing when she was younger, so I'd be very interested to hear her singing voice. In any case, it was lovely to see William get into it on stage, and sing. The three of them had a good harmony going too.

Catherine would the one encouraging William to join in. She is naturally a bubbly person.

Catherine would the one encouraging William to join in. She is naturally a bubbly person.

I agree. It just doesn't sound plausible that it would have gone down any other way if Kate had been present. This is a couple that is very secure in their relationship and petty jealousies over William interacting with another woman such as Taylor Swift or any situation like that are things that weak relationships tend to exhibit. Both William and Kate do seem to be spontaneous, fun loving and enjoy the moments as they come.

I liked that William was a gentlemen and helped Taylor up and down the steps to the stage. If Kate was there she would have been up there too belting away with Taylor and Jon. On Tuvalu, she was up and dancing way before William got up there.

It's not the first time he has just "dropped in" if I recall...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom