The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 12-17-2014, 01:37 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
The Duke of Cambridge made an unofficial visit to Centrepoint today

Centrepoint @centrepointuk · 2 hrs 2 hours ago
Prince William, our amazing Patron, has spent this morning with homeless young people, mentors and @CPParliament

https://twitter.com/centrepointuk/st...453504/photo/1
This time of year must be very busy for organizations like Centrepoint that help the homeless in the UK. I'm glad to see that their patron stopped by today to show his support.

Old 12-17-2014, 01:42 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
Quote from Daria_S
He'll be the King that will speak for those who cannot be heard.

I'm sorry but he won't be. He could be the Duke of Cambridge that does that, or even the Prince of Wales but he won't do that as king.

He will not be speaking out because of the risk of being controversial or political or even just giving an opinion. HMQ is lauded for not having said anything even mildly interesting on her own behalf in over 60 yrs as Queen. Charles (no constitutional role) is chastised and criticised for speaking out whilst he is Prince of Wales and it is said that he knows he cannot continue once he is king.

No different for William - that is the reality.
We shall see.

A.W. TOZER
Old 12-17-2014, 01:52 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
Quote from Daria_S
He'll be the King that will speak for those who cannot be heard.

I'm sorry but he won't be. He could be the Duke of Cambridge that does that, or even the Prince of Wales but he won't do that as king.

He will not be speaking out because of the risk of being controversial or political or even just giving an opinion. HMQ is lauded for not having said anything even mildly interesting on her own behalf in over 60 yrs as Queen. Charles (no constitutional role) is chastised and criticised for speaking out whilst he is Prince of Wales and it is said that he knows he cannot continue once he is king.

No different for William - that is the reality.
Yes, but there are different ways of speaking than just sharing your opinion or view. William will continue to show support for causes ( his showing support for a homeless shelter is a way of saying homeless deserve help, )and he will listen with his heart to people who society turns away from, as he already does. He says a lot without saying a word- be that an opinion / a view/ or otherwise. The purpose of not sharing an opinion is to be King of all the subjects. But also part of being a good King is to speak for those who cannot be heard. And he can do that without giving an opinion, a view, or even saying a word.
If a King cannot speak for those who cannot be heard, why have one?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
We shall see.
Indeed. Kings can change reality. Reality can be changed. And if a King cannot speak for his subjects who cannot be heard, then reality needs to change.
Old 12-17-2014, 01:53 PM
Heir Apparent

More pics from today

Kate Middleton's hair is a NIGHTMARE says Prince William at charity breakfast | Daily Mail Online
Old 12-17-2014, 01:58 PM
Aristocracy

If William is totally bald the next time we see him, we will know that Catherine scalped him for that remark. I had always heard that the reason she doesn't cut her hair is because he likes it long.
Old 12-17-2014, 02:00 PM
Heir Apparent

Love the pics.
Can imagine Kate being sarcastic with Will- " Thanks so much for saying that, dear!"
And Wills- you're one of the handsomest men I know of, but your hair isn't the greatest either!
Old 12-17-2014, 02:07 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by roseroyal View Post
Indeed. Kings can change reality.
WE will have to agree to disagree. The UK has a constitutional monarchy and William will not be able to "change reality" . Change comes thru government.

I dont wish to offend anyone but there seems to be a romanticised view of what a monarchy is, or perhaps it's just that William is admired.

His chance to speak out is now or as Prince of Wales - it must happen before he is king.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 12-17-2014, 02:23 PM
Heir Apparent

We will have to wait and see what the fallout is from Charles's spider letters. I think William is more subtle than Charles and able to get his point across effectively without crossing any lines
Old 12-17-2014, 02:24 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Yes, but there are different ways of speaking than just sharing your opinion or view. William will continue to show support for causes ( his showing support for a homeless shelter is a way of saying homeless deserve help, )and he will listen with his heart to people who society turns away from, as he already does. He says a lot without saying a word- be that an opinion / a view/ or otherwise. The purpose of not sharing an opinion is to be King of all the subjects. But also part of being a good King is to speak for those who cannot be heard. And he can do that without giving an opinion, a view, or even saying a word.
If a King cannot speak for those who cannot be heard, why have one?
I was thinking along the same lines. Thank you for clarifying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Marlboro View Post
If William is totally bald the next time we see him, we will know that Catherine scalped him for that remark. I had always heard that the reason she doesn't cut her hair is because he likes it long.
That is an interesting mental image. I have no doubt that she'll tease him right back for that one.

Quote:
Indeed. Kings can change reality.
That is true, and even if he's unable to do this as king, I'm sure that as a Prince of Wales he'll do a great deal. Time will tell.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 12-17-2014, 02:29 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
We will have to wait and see what the fallout is from Charles's spider letters. I think William is more subtle than Charles and able to get his point across effectively without crossing any lines
Agreed. So do I!
Old 12-17-2014, 06:05 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Love the pics.
Can imagine Kate being sarcastic with Will- " Thanks so much for saying that, dear!"
And Wills- you're one of the handsomest men I know of, but your hair isn't the greatest either!
Or Kate actually bought William a wooly toupee when they were in Australia and he can open it on Christmas morning.
Old 12-17-2014, 06:14 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLLK View Post
Or Kate actually bought William a wooly toupee when they were in Australia and he can open it on Christmas morning.
LOL! That would be so hilarious!
Old 12-17-2014, 09:01 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Marlboro View Post
Or maybe, one day, she might cut it! I think she would actually look quite good with a conservative bob. Not too-too short, but just enough to lift the weight off her neck. Done well she would look very smart at the drop-of-a-hat, in any outfit. No fuss or bother, which might be something she is longing for now with one child and another on the way. Not saying she is but she might. Would make life easier for her for sure.
Old 12-17-2014, 09:23 PM
Nobility

Quote:
I think she would actually look quite good with a conservative bob. Not too-too short, but just enough to lift the weight off her neck. Done well she would look very smart at the drop-of-a-hat, in any outfit. No fuss or bother, which might be something she is longing for now with one child and another on the way. Not saying she is but she might. Would make life easier for her for sure.
Like Princess Mary of Denmark; hers is a more manageable length than Kate's IMO. Both women have lovely hair.

Whoops, sorry; wrong thread...
Old 11-13-2015, 12:29 PM
Heir Apparent

Richard Palmer @RoyalReporter
As Patron of leading youth homeless charity Centrepoint, the Duke of Cambridge will launch an awards evening at HSBC, London on Nov 19.

Give homeless young people a future - Centrepoint
Old 11-19-2015, 10:44 AM
Heir Apparent

Kensington Palace @KensingtonRoyal
Tonight The Duke of Cambridge will launch the first ever @centrepointuk awards!
https://twitter.com/KensingtonRoyal/...64221949231106

Kensington Palace ‏@KensingtonRoyal
Tonight's @centrepointuk awards will celebrate the successes and achievements of young people who have experienced homelessness.

Kensington Palace @KensingtonRoyal
After volunteering @centrepointuk in 2005, The Duke became their Patron - a role previously held by his mother.
https://twitter.com/KensingtonRoyal/...73815035482112
Old 11-19-2015, 01:37 PM
Heir Apparent

Love the pictures. William has a smile that lights up the room- and amazing people skills.
Old 11-19-2015, 02:06 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Love the pictures. William has a smile that lights up the room- and amazing people skills.
He most certainly does and his smile works its way from the inside out! He definitely goes the extra miles too when dealing with something that is close to his heart. Its like he's constantly thinking "well, this is working nicely but how can we make it even better?". To hold a celebration of those that have passed through Centrepointe's doors and have not only found a secure life but have excelled at it is perhaps the greatest testimony to Centrepointe and what it does and continues to do.
Old 11-19-2015, 02:13 PM
Heir Apparent

I couldn't have said it better. Agree on all points. " Smiles from the inside out." Yes! Just like someone else I've met...
Old 11-19-2015, 03:14 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
PRINCE William warned tonight that Britain faces a crisis of youth homelessness with thousands facing life on the street.

The second in line to the throne, who has followed in his mother Princess Diana’s footsteps by working as patron of the charity Centrepoint, cited research that showed only 12 per cent of the 136,000 young people seeking support for homelessness are being housed amid Government funding cuts.

In a speech at the first Centrepoint awards evening in London, the Duke of Cambridge said: “This is of particular concern ahead of the Christmas period, where young people can resort to desperate measures to avoid sleeping on the streets.
Read more: Prince William warns of impending homelessness crisis in UK | Royal | News | Daily Express

Quote:
The Duke of Cambridge met a woman who went from being homeless to a world champion powerlifter as he presented awards to young people who have defied their troubled backgrounds to become "beacons of hope" for others.

William was joined by celebrities Jonathan Ross and Sara Cox at a glittering ceremony in central London to honour young people who have overcome homelessness to turn their lives around, helped by the charity Centrepoint.
Read more: William has power talks with world champion who triumphed after being homeless - The Star