The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 11-27-2013, 02:45 PM
Aristocracy

I don't think william asked taylor to join him...I think bon jovi did...he def seems like he planned on asking at least one of them to sing with him.

Old 11-27-2013, 03:00 PM
Serene Highness

one of my favorite tweets from last night:

The Royal Chef@DarrenMcGrady
Used to get tired of #PrincessDiana blasting out #BonJovi at #KensingtonPalace Now #William is doing it too #HisMothersSon #LivingOnAPrayer

Old 11-27-2013, 03:01 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiggersk8 View Post
As long as I get Taylor's dress, you can have it. . Seriously, I don't know who has been designing Taylor's Gala dresses lately, but she's really been stunning lately.

Glad to see William get into the swing of things, go up there and have some fun. He's really blossomed in both confidence and his ability to let go a wee bit and just really enjoy his public role in the last few years. I truly believe we have Kate and now George to thank for that.

Even so...I still can't believe he did that. I wouldn't be able to do that and I adore Bon Jovi too!! Good on him!!

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app
Quote:
Originally Posted by iisuzieii View Post
I don't think william asked taylor to join him...I think bon jovi did...he def seems like he planned on asking at least one of them to sing with him.
The Daily Mail article said that William insisted Taylor Swift join him, but perhaps that isn't the case. I don't think it would have made a difference though. I can't see Bon Jovi asking William to sing and not asking Catherine.
Old 11-27-2013, 03:34 PM
Nobility

^^ I can't see him not inviting both of them, either. Had Kate been there, it would probably have been the four of them ... William, Kate, Bon Jovi, and Taylor Swift. Kate would probably have gotten into the spirit along with William.
Old 11-27-2013, 03:35 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by US Royal Watcher View Post
The Daily Mail article said that William insisted Taylor Swift join him, but perhaps that isn't the case. I don't think it would have made a difference though. I can't see Bon Jovi asking William to sing and not asking Catherine.
Perhaps he asked TS so that one of them would be on key. I doubt he asked her because she is a woman and he needed a woman up there with him.
Old 11-27-2013, 05:25 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinrit View Post
^^ I can't see him not inviting both of them, either. Had Kate been there, it would probably have been the four of them ... William, Kate, Bon Jovi, and Taylor Swift. Kate would probably have gotten into the spirit along with William.
Totally agree with you re: catherine
People need to rewatch the Tuvalu dancing clips to truely get a feel of just how much Catherine would have "gotten onto the spirit". It would have been amazing to see "Mr & Mrs" Cambridge singing together.
However William on his own is still amazing, I suspect he sings to George as well
Old 11-27-2013, 05:35 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighnessN View Post
Totally agree with you re: catherine
People need to rewatch the Tuvalu dancing clips to truely get a feel of just how much Catherine would have "gotten onto the spirit". It would have been amazing to see "Mr & Mrs" Cambridge singing together.
However William on his own is still amazing, I suspect he sings to George as well
I remember that clip, and it would have been wonderful to see William and Catherine singing together with Bon Jovi. I know Catherine used to sing when she was younger, so I'd be very interested to hear her singing voice. In any case, it was lovely to see William get into it on stage, and sing. The three of them had a good harmony going too.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 11-27-2013, 05:39 PM
Imperial Majesty

Video:
PRINCE WILLIAM ROCKS KENSINGTON PALACE-
Home - ITNSource News

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 11-27-2013, 06:12 PM
Courtier

Catherine would the one encouraging William to join in. She is naturally a bubbly person.
Old 11-27-2013, 06:53 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by royalistbert View Post
Catherine would the one encouraging William to join in. She is naturally a bubbly person.
I agree. It just doesn't sound plausible that it would have gone down any other way if Kate had been present. This is a couple that is very secure in their relationship and petty jealousies over William interacting with another woman such as Taylor Swift or any situation like that are things that weak relationships tend to exhibit. Both William and Kate do seem to be spontaneous, fun loving and enjoy the moments as they come.
“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Old 11-27-2013, 06:57 PM
Heir Apparent

I liked that William was a gentlemen and helped Taylor up and down the steps to the stage. If Kate was there she would have been up there too belting away with Taylor and Jon. On Tuvalu, she was up and dancing way before William got up there.
Old 11-29-2013, 06:28 PM
Heir Apparent

I want that dessert.
Old 12-17-2014, 08:46 AM
Heir Apparent

The Duke of Cambridge made an unofficial visit to Centrepoint today

Centrepoint @centrepointuk · 2 hrs 2 hours ago
Prince William, our amazing Patron, has spent this morning with homeless young people, mentors and @CPParliament

https://twitter.com/centrepointuk/st...453504/photo/1
Old 12-17-2014, 11:56 AM
Heir Apparent

It's not the first time he has just "dropped in" if I recall...
Old 12-17-2014, 01:34 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post

Prince William, our amazing Patron, has spent this morning with homeless young people, mentors and @CPParliament

OK that picture makes me cry. Again, the future King sipping a mug of coffee like anybody else. Another website I was on this AM had great pictures- think it was the Daily Mail.
No it is not the first time he has dropped in. I will never forget watching a documentary about William, and him talking to a young man who in the past had struggled with hunger and drug abuse. The guy was so anxious, and embarrassed , but William put him at ease, and treated him with so much respect. Then he met a man who had not eaten in days, and again was so caring. He also slept on a street for a night with Centerpoint.
Not surprised that he's done this- first because it's William, and secondly, he's dropped in at least 3 times before, and he usually makes a Xmas visit. Sometimes he also does a visit at the Royal Marsden.
But again the main reason I'm not surprised is because it's William, I'd be surprised if he didn't. They call him amazing. That's putting it mildly to say the least. But what other word can you use? What other word is there?
Now if Kate will do a Xmas EACH or other hospice visit, life will be good!

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daria_S View Post
He'll be the King that will speak for those who cannot be heard.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app
These just seem to go together.
Old 12-17-2014, 02:14 PM
Heir Apparent

My gag reflex is making it impossible to leave a comment.
Old 12-17-2014, 02:17 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyAtlanta View Post
Apparently not.

Abraham Lincoln
Old 12-17-2014, 02:23 PM
Heir Apparent

From Centrepoint

The Duke of Cambridge chats about jobs and health with homeless young people.
Quote:
Getting a job, interview techniques, healthy breakfasts and his wife's hair were just some of the chats between Centrepoint Patron The Duke of Cambridge and homeless young people during a visit.

The Duke of Cambridge visited our newly refurbished health and wellbeing centre in Soho, London, ton Wednesday morning to meet young people, staff and some of the UK’s top business leaders for a special mentoring session.
Old 12-17-2014, 02:30 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyAtlanta View Post
Why on earth are you gagging?

Quote:
Great photos!
Old 12-17-2014, 02:37 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote from Daria_S
He'll be the King that will speak for those who cannot be heard.

I'm sorry but he won't be. He could be the Duke of Cambridge that does that, or even the Prince of Wales but he won't do that as king.

He will not be speaking out because of the risk of being controversial or political or even just giving an opinion. HMQ is lauded for not having said anything even mildly interesting on her own behalf in over 60 yrs as Queen. Charles (no constitutional role) is chastised and criticised for speaking out whilst he is Prince of Wales and it is said that he knows he cannot continue once he is king.

No different for William - that is the reality.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,