The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 05-28-2013, 12:27 PM
Heir Apparent

I think "private" means that the media are not invited. No pix have appeared in the UK press. These pix are by centrepoint staff and attendees.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 05-28-2013, 02:12 PM
Nobility

William's intent was a private visit. Centrepoint is the one who took the pictures and posted them. Can't blame them for being proud of their patron.

Old 05-28-2013, 03:00 PM
Heir Apparent

Really great pictures but, as an aside, I wonder why is he playing table tennis right handed?

Old 05-28-2013, 03:38 PM
Heir Apparent

A lot of left handed people play some sports right handed. My brother is a leftie but he golfs and plays tennis right handed.
Old 05-28-2013, 05:18 PM
Nobility

My brother was ambidextrous. He said that anything learned, he did with his right hand; e.g., writing or using a bat during baseball. Anything that was innate; e.g., eating or combing his hair, was done with his left hand.
Old 05-28-2013, 06:31 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
I think "private" means that the media are not invited. No pix have appeared in the UK press. These pix are by centrepoint staff and attendees.
I agree. William and his staff didn't publicize his visit and Centrepointe Staff and clients chose to share their private photos.
Old 05-28-2013, 07:00 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by TLLK View Post
I agree. William and his staff didn't publicize his visit and Centrepointe Staff and clients chose to share their private photos.
I think that what this shows is that although most of what we see the royal do are through the press and official engagements, William's off the record visit to Centrepoint solidifies the view that a lot of what they do is out of the public eye and behind the scenes. It very easily could have come and gone without anyone the wiser except for those few pictures that proud staff and clients were happy to share with us.
“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Old 05-28-2013, 09:48 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
I think that what this shows is that although most of what we see the royal do are through the press and official engagements, William's off the record visit to Centrepoint solidifies the view that a lot of what they do is out of the public eye and behind the scenes. It very easily could have come and gone without anyone the wiser except for those few pictures that proud staff and clients were happy to share with us.
I agree. I've always admired the late Queen Juliana's determination to make visits without too much pomp and ceremony. Not every visit by a royal needs to be accompanied by the media. At times it seems like royals (not just William) can't seem to please anyone with their engagements. If the press is invited to everything then there seems to be complaints about the cost (security) and need to be in front of the cameras.

However if they make a private visit then the complaint is that they don't work enough because the press did not record the event. Or if a few private photos are released by people present then it's no longer "private."
Old 09-08-2013, 12:39 AM
Imperial Majesty

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 09-08-2013, 11:17 AM
Nobility

What a wonderful caring and compassionate man
Diana did well
Indeed she would be so proud of her sons!
Old 09-08-2013, 01:05 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyCatharine View Post
What a wonderful caring and compassionate man
Diana did well
Indeed she would be so proud of her sons!
... and Prince Charles and everybody who was concerned in their upbringing did well and will be very proud of them
Old 09-09-2013, 06:12 PM
Serene Highness

You are correct. There are numerous people who were involved in the upbringing of the Princes and should be recognized for that. They all did a good job. :)
Old 10-23-2013, 12:26 AM
Imperial Majesty

Jon Bon Jovi and Taylor Swift support Centrepoint:
Rock legend Jon Bon Jovi and country pop star Taylor Swift will appear at the second Centrepoint Winter Whites Gala on Tuesday 26 November 2013, performing to just 200 people-
Winter Whites Gala

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 11-03-2013, 12:35 PM
Heir Presumptive

Robert Jobson ‏@theroyaleditor 36s
PRINCE William is "planning" a charity concert at Kensington Palace which will have headliners Bon Jovi and Taylor Swift, reported today

http://www.express.co.uk/news/royal/...d-Taylor-Swift
Old 11-05-2013, 07:43 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Prince William to honour Jon Bon Jovi for his charity work | Royal Central

Prince William is to honour Jon Bon Jovi for his charity work at a gala at Kensington Palace later this month.

The Duke of Cambridge will give the Bon Jovi frontman a youth inspiration award at Centrepoint’s Winter Whites Gala, which due to take place on November 26.
Old 11-06-2013, 09:37 AM
Imperial Majesty

Rebecca English ‏@RE_DailyMail 57m
So no Duchess of Cambridge at the Winter Whites Gala in aid of Centrepoint at Kensington Palace on November 26. Solo job for William....

Joe Little ‏@MajestyMagazine 3h
The Duke of Cambridge, as patron, is to attend the Winter Whites Gala in aid of @centrepointuk at Kensington Palace on 26 November.

Surprising as Catherine is on the invitations or maybe the invitation wasn't real.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 11-06-2013, 10:08 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
So no Duchess of Cambridge at the Winter Whites Gala in aid of Centrepoint at Kensington Palace on November 26. Solo job for William....

The Duke of Cambridge, as patron, is to attend the Winter Whites Gala in aid of @centrepointuk at Kensington Palace on 26 November.

Surprising as Catherine is on the invitations or maybe the invitation wasn't real.
I've heard she is as tired of listening to Taylor Swift as I am.
Old 11-06-2013, 02:47 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmirerUS View Post
I've heard she is as tired of listening to Taylor Swift as I am.
I'm with you, and Catherine. Taylor Swift is on the list of 'awful' in my book.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 11-06-2013, 02:52 PM
Imperial Majesty

May not be a fan of Taylor Swift but I think it's shame that Catherine would miss out on performances by Taylor and Bon Jovi though.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 11-06-2013, 03:00 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post

Richard Palmer wrote today that he thinks the charity jumped the gun on the invite. If I can find the tweet I'll update this.

EDIT: Here is the tweet. Shows that people should always wait for official confirmation

Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter 2h
@JanetNorCal @WhatKateWore @HRH_KLynch I think it boils down to the charity jumped the gun.