The Duke of Cambridge as Patron of Centrepoint 1: Ending Sep 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Warren

Administrator in Memoriam
City
Sydney
Country
Australia
30kxfu0.png

Arms of HRH The Duke of Cambridge

The Duke of Cambridge as
Patron of Centrepoint

Announced September 13, 2005

"Centrepoint provides housing and support for young people in London, Manchester, Yorkshire and the North East and through partnerships all over the UK. We aim to give homeless young people a future and we want to end youth homelessness."

Official Website

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, is really clear, Wills is diana's boy.

Fantastic news! I know this sounds silly...but little things like this show that her boys haven't forgotten her memory. I know that Prince Charles is a good father and I know that they want him to be happy (i.e. the marriage with Camilla). But sometimes it just seems like Camilla has totally stepped into her life and has the opportunity to participate in things that Diana can't (graduation, wedding, birth of children, etc.)

Sorry if that offends anyone.

im glad William become patrons of centrepoints but im wishes Diana was here and she would proud of William as patrons of centrepoints and he would getting more patrons and presidents to replaces of his mother the Princess Diana im really hope so!

but i tried to find that pictures in getty images but nobody there pictures of William! if you have pictures?

Sara Boyce

http://www.eluniversal.com.mx/estilos/44537.html

William premieres itself in the charity

14 of September of 2005

The prince William of England will premiere in the honor president functions with a charitable company of aid to the people without home, has elected the own youth, of 23 years.
The prince will preside the foundation Centrepoint, continuing the steps of its mother, the dead Diana of Wales, that assumed that responsibility in 1992, reported yesterday the official residence of Clarence House.
The prince is "deeply worried" by the people, above all the youths, that "they are found living in the street without an own house", according to official sources.
William has been working as a volunteer in Centrepoint in the last two days, during which has spoken with people without ceiling and has helped in the search of solutions to its situation.
Companies as this "perform an impressive work for the fight in favor of the social exclusion and I only intend to give them my support to its efforts", declared the youth. (EFE)

Zonk1189 said:
Fantastic news! I know this sounds silly...but little things like this show that her boys haven't forgotten her memory. I know that Prince Charles is a good father and I know that they want him to be happy (i.e. the marriage with Camilla). But sometimes it just seems like Camilla has totally stepped into her life and has the opportunity to participate in things that Diana can't (graduation, wedding, birth of children, etc.)

Zonk1189, it doesn't sound silly at all - it was exactly what I was thinking. At times it does seem Diana is forgotten, or that when she is remembered, it is only in a negative way. It is nice to see that the work that was important to her is being continued by the sons which she loved so much. Diana took her young sons to homeless shelters and hospices, hoping to giving them an idea of the struggles faced by those less fortunate. She was criticized by some who thought William & Harry were too young to be exposed to that side of life. So it is nice to hear that years later, William viewed these visits in a very positive light:

"My mother introduced that sort of area to me a long time ago. It was a real eye-opener and I'm very glad she did. It's been something I've held close to me for a long time." http://www.hellomagazine.com/royalty/2005/09/14/princewilliam/

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/4242466.stm

_40797966_william_203_pa.jpg
Prince William first visited Centrepoint with his mother

Prince William has chosen a young people's homelessness charity as the first to which he will be a patron.

The 23-year-old will be following in the footsteps of his mother, who became a patron to the charity in 1992.

Clarence House said William had spent the past two days working as a volunteer at Centrepoint.

He said he was "deeply concerned" for people, especially the young, "who find themselves living on the streets or without a proper home". .....

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/4242466.stm

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm so thrilled he's doing this! I can't wait to see him taking a bigger part in Royal Duties!

thanks for the link, william look happy in his work.

Prince William meets homeless teens at Centrepoint hostel

Prince William met homeless youngsters today on a private visit to a Centrepoint hostel.
The 24-year-old chatted to teenagers as he dropped in on a shelter to help with breakfast early this morning.
During the low-key visit in Soho, central London, William met some of those who would have been spending Christmas on the streets had it not been for the charity's support.

Pictures:
Prince William
Prince William helps in the kitchen
Prince William speaks to a young homeless
Prince William speaks to a young homeless 2

Last edited:
From Getty
HRH Prince William, as Patron, attends a dinner in the St James's Palace State Apartments on the occasion of the 40th Anniversary of Centrepoint, the UK's leading homeless youth charity on March 12, 2009 in London, England.

Gallery Getty

Gallery Mediumphoto

OMG, is so hansome...:wub:
Day after day is more mature and manly...:flowers:
Is perfect...:p:heart:
This pics in bow-tie ist verry good...:)

They mean, shie helps also a poors and abandoneds peoples, just like William now...:flowers:

I thought he was going to the Global Gathering concert to see Prodigy on Friday (?)

Prince William treks through rain for charity... but high winds reveal growing bald patch

Prince William battled torrential rain to trek up a Cumbrian mountain with a group of young homeless people today.
The royal completed the two-hour fell walk with youngsters from Centrepoint in Newcastle, which supports young people living on the streets.

William, who is patron of the charity, said it was a great opportunity to provide them with a different perspective on life.

Pics from the article: *** picture 1 ***
*** picture 2 **** , *** picture 3 ***
*** picture 4 **** , *** picture 5 ***

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom