The Duke of Cambridge and Sporting Patronages 1: Ending Sep 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
David Beckham, Prince William and Britain's Prime Minister David Cameron join delegates, (from left) Lord Coe, Alan Shearer and Gary Lineker, from the English bid team during a reception at the Steigenberger hotel in Zurich, Switzerland. December 01, 2010

BelgaPicture - Category details

Today's pics:

Prince William with FIFA's General Secretary Jerome Valcke, as he arrives at
FIFA's headquarters in Zurich, Switzerland, 02 December 2010, to present
the British bid for World Cup 2018.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** belga gallery ** daylife gallery **

Last edited:
Unfortunately, Prince Williams wonderful speech hasn't won us the FIFA World Cup.

William's hair situation might be stress related. He's got a bunch going on.

Sorry about the World Cup.

Six FIFA officials were suspended last month following a Sunday Times investigations and on Monday BBC Panorama claimed three other FIFA members had taken bribes in the 1990s.

It's a nice speech by William. A pity England didn't get it though. I'm sure he must be so disappointed but he put in a good effort. Kudos to him.

This is quite funny
'I think I offered to marry him': Prince William's joke after getting England support pledge from two-faced Fifa official | Mail Online

Video of William's speech yesterday
BBC Sport - Football - Prince William and David Cameron open England's World Cup bid
The Prime Minister told the heir to the throne: "I have to say that your son Prince William was inspiring in how hard that he worked, how many meetings he attended, how many hands he shook"
Originally quoted in the article : (has since been removed and the article has changed)
Inquest begins after England's 2018 World Cup bid failure

Last edited:
Clarence House said yesterday that the boys never had plans to go and the rumours were false. Even the stories about them boycotting.
Ah ok good I really wasn't planning on watching Euro 2012 if Greece doesn't make it through:lol: So good to know that's one less thing I'll have to watch.

ghost_night554 said:
Ah ok good I really wasn't planning on watching Euro 2012 if Greece doesn't make it through:lol: So good to know that's one less thing I'll have to watch.

I'd rather go back and watch the Jubilee again :)

'Don't sell off our playing fields... we can't keep our children cooped up indoors': Prince William's call for readers to back Jubilee campaign
Prince William today warns of the danger of allowing children to spend all day ‘cooped up indoors’ instead of enjoying an outdoor lifestyle. Speaking exclusively to The Mail on Sunday, he said the dearth of green spaces is denying young people the chance to play and exercise – and issued a rallying cry to support a campaign to stop developers concreting over even more playing fields. The Prince is hoping to present his grandmother the Queen with 2,012 specially dedicated, ringfenced green spaces as a Diamond Jubilee gift by the end of this year.

I think its a wonderful cause. There are too many kids that do nothing else but sit indoors all day long and play video games or watch the tele. I remember a time before video games and such, kids would go outside and play with friends, ride bikes, play ball etc. Now it seems all kids want to do is be stuck to the tele or games. I think its a shame, kids need fresh air and exercise in order to stay healthy both mentally and physically. I applaud his efforts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom