The Duke of Cambridge and Sporting Patronages 1: Ending Sep 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
And I just saw him. I was suprised to see him since I didn't know he was going to be present.

It is great to see William beside the King of Spain tonight at the Champions Leagure Final

I'm watching the final of champions and I've seen the prince william that is sat next to michael platini and the king juan carlos of spain

So great to see him sitting next to King Juan Carlos! William looked great and really happy!

I was watching the football last night with my friends and I had to point out quite a few times that it was William at the match and not Harry.
Wonderful to see him at games abroad aswell as at home.
x

Prince William wants to score winning goal for England

He is very supportive of the bid and will do his part in whatever way the FA deems appropriate," says a spokesman for the Prince, who took over as president of the sport's governing body from the Duke of York in 2006."Prince William is heavily involved and will remain so until the winning bid is announced in December 2010

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/new...-wants-to-score-winning-goal-for-England.html

Hmm, a part time pilot then!

Last edited by a moderator:
FYI tomorrow William will be attending the Wales vs New Zealand match

Where did you get this from ghost_night?
Prince William, Vice Patron, The Welsh Rugby Union, will attend the Wales vs New Zealand rugby match at the Millennium Stadium in Cardiff, during which he will meet workers and veterans from the Royal British Legion, as well as wounded Service personnel from the three Welsh regiments: the Queens Dragoon Guards, the Royal Welsh Regiment and the Welsh Guards.

The Prince of Wales - Saturday 7th November 2009

Thanks Skydragon. I think it's odd they put this info. under Charles' diary of engagements instead of William's.

Lucky Prince William, shame Wales lost though. :)

Thanks for posting the pics giov. :flowers:

I'm not sure if this is a new article as such, but it is dated Nov 09.

Prince William has given his backing for England's bid to host the 2018 World Cup, insisting that it will be an "enormous privilege" for the country to act as a stage for the biggest event in football.

The president of the FA explained that given the chance, the nation would turn the occasion into a festival of football, making it an event to remember forever.

Prince William Backs England's 2018 World Cup Bid - Goal.com

That is a great bid. No laughing matter, the World Cup is the mecca of all soccer enthusiasts. When I got to see the last gathering in Germany I was keen eyed to all the many nations striving for the win. Sometimes it doesn't get better at uniting all of us at that one pivotal tournament. I think England would be a great host. The British are fanatics. Hope they win the sponsoring.

That would be awesome for Britain to not only host the Olympics but also host the World Cup! I hope they get it. Didn't William (and Harry) also do a campaign to get the Olympics?

Prince Harry and Prince William during the Six Nations rugby match between England and Wales
Difficult for William as he is English but vice-patron of the WRU so he couldnt not be seen to support the Welsh even though loyalties were divided
Nice to see the brothers carrying out a joint engagement

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom