The Duke of Cambridge and Sporting Patronages 1: Ending Sep 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Charles is right-handed and William left; that William is left-handed was actually confirmed (after speculation) when he was about eight.

Reuters, AP (#5)

some more...

AP; Reuters

Last edited by a moderator:

Source Reuters

His gesture here acutally reminds me of Prince Andrew.

This sort of thing just annoys me. What on earth is the point of him being President of Football and Rugby organisations? Surely he'd do much better working with "Help the Aged" or "Oxfam" and if he's going to take on these kind of patronages then it's those sort of organisations that should get his patronage. Sickening.

BeatrixFan said:
This sort of thing just annoys me. What on earth is the point of him being President of Football and Rugby organisations? Surely he'd do much better working with "Help the Aged" or "Oxfam" and if he's going to take on these kind of patronages then it's those sort of organisations that should get his patronage. Sickening.

Hm, I guess these organizations represent a lot of Britons, too and thus might want to have Royal patrons, too. While I cannot see the Duchess of Cornwall become patron of the Welsh Rugby team :)lol: ), it's a nice enough way for young and sportif prince William to show that his sports world does not only consist of "posh" polo but that he recognizes the value of football and rugby as well. I guess we'll see a lot of more charitable patronages when he finally marries - well, come to think about it, probably his wife will take over the care for the seniors and the homeless (maybe even donating her old clothes to Oxfam stores?).

In my mind, the charities should come first. I know I couldn't care less if the Football Association plummets into nothingness. Still as long as the footballers are doing well for themselves on several thousand pounds a day, that's all we need worry about. Yes, good work William, we must make sure The Rooneys can afford those burberry tracksuits, never mind about the sick or the elderly or the disadvantaged, they can wear their Man U shirts whilst they shrivel to nothingness and oh how proud we'll be that Prince William was the one to help keep those footballers at the top.

This is probably some sort of attempt to make the Prince appear more relevant to young people than if he took on the sort of charities that his great aunts might be patronising. I wonder if it'll work.

Elspeth said:
This is probably some sort of attempt to make the Prince appear more relevant to young people than if he took on the sort of charities that his great aunts might be patronising. I wonder if it'll work.

I also think that these charities he is chosing are for his own interests and not necessarily because it is the thing to do. I know if I wasn't interested in the charity and had to do one, I wouldn't want to do it and probably wouldn't be too interested in advancing its cause. Interest is something to consider. Now do I think he should be doing those sort of charities--don't know yet. I do know that he will get the total treatment and the best seats.:)

Is this boy only going to do sports related work or is he actually going to do something worthwhile?

BeatrixFan said:
Is this boy only going to do sports related work or is he actually going to do something worthwhile?

:lol: He is rather heavy on the Patronage of Sporting organisations, but since this one is Welsh it might be a good thing after all. At least he is now the Patron of something connected to Wales!

BeatrixFan said:

I guess boys will be boys--enthusiac about sports and more sports. It also sounds like he wants dibs on the best seats in the house and stadium and what better way to get them? :)

Prince William to begin patron duties

The Welsh Rugby Union is delighted to announce that Prince William will officially assume his role as Vice Royal Patron to the Welsh Rugby Union by attending the RBS Six Nations match between Wales and Ireland.The Prince – who has attended two recent events at the Millennium Stadium, the FA Cup Final last season between Liverpool and West Ham and the British and Irish Lions’ pre-tour match against Argentina in May 2005 – will assist the work of Her Majesty The Queen, who continues as Patron of the WRU.

Is William still doing anything with the Football Association (FA) or did he drop that patronage?

I haven't heard anything since he attended one of England's games in the World Cup.

ysbel said:
Is William still doing anything with the Football Association (FA) or did he drop that patronage?
I haven't heard anything since he attended one of England's games in the World Cup.

Yes, Prince William is still the President of the English Football Association. :flowers:

Last edited:
I guess it depends if his days off line up with something useful he can do.

Some weekends will be free, for him to do what he wants. It is only if there are 'exercises' (or a threat) that all weekend leave is cancelled. He can put in a request to have certain weekends off or arrange a swap with another JO.

Prince William will attend Wales v Ireland Six Nations match

Prince William will attend the Wales v Ireland game next weekend in his first role as the vice royal patron to the WRU.
While in Cardiff, the prince will meet players, volunteers and coaches from the community game, as well as elite young players, injured and former players, referees and supporters of Welsh rugby.

wimilly said:
03.02.07 - Wales v Ireland - RBS Six Nations - Prince William inspects the pitch at the Millennium Stadium
Judging by these pictures, it appears (as though we wouldn't have known) that ole William is becoming part of that crust old men club. And, Harry probably had a better time at Twixenham being able to shout and let loose, unlike William who had to sit quietly.

Last edited by a moderator:
Prince William visits Millennium Stadium

Prince William undertook his first assignment as the new Vice Royal Patron of the Welsh Rugby Union by meeting a cross-section of people from the game in Wales at the end of the RBS Six Nations match against Ireland...William had already seen Wales in action in Cardiff in the past, but Sunday’s visit was his first to the Millennium Stadium for rugby – he attended last year’s FA Cup Final – in his new role.

Picture - Prince William

William under fire from Welsh fans after no-show

Just days into his new post of Vice Royal Patron for Welsh Rugby, Prince William already finds himself under attack from the nation's hymn-warbling supporters.

Independent Online Edition > Pandora

What exactly are credentals he need?
I believe he played Rugby while Eton as well as weekend leauge game during Uni.
my guess
1. speaking Welsh
2. being Welsh

kpusa1981 said:
What exactly are credentals he need?
I believe he played Rugby while Eton as well as weekend leauge game during Uni.
my guess
1. speaking Welsh
2. being Welsh
As he wasn't born in Wales, technically he is not Welsh, he is English. Do we know that he does speak Welsh, I didn't think he did.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom