The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 02-26-2016, 01:14 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
The Duke of Cambridge will meet injured rugby players before watching the RBS Six Nations Wales v France game at the Principality Stadium today.

William, who is vice royal patron of the Welsh Rugby Union (WRU) and patron of the Welsh Rugby Charitable Trust, will hold a reception for 11 injured players and their families.

Established in 1972, the charitable trust supports players who have been severely injured whilst playing rugby union in Wales.

As well as offering practical support, including specially adapted vehicles and wheelchairs, the trust provides pastoral care and social opportunities for the former players and their families.
Read more: William, Duke of Cambridge, to meet injured rugby players before watching Six Nations Wales v France | Western Daily Press

Old 02-26-2016, 03:19 PM
Aristocracy

William was interviewed by BBC Sport before the match:

https://twitter.com/BBCSport/status/703308308598226944

Old 02-26-2016, 04:25 PM
Majesty

Prince William attends a reception for injured players ahead of the #WALvFRA match in Cardiff
https://twitter.com/britishroyals/st...10622444752896
Old 02-26-2016, 04:32 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Rugby-loving Prince William traveled to Wales on Friday to support the country’s team.

Heartily singing the Welsh national anthem, the royal, 33, was at the Principality Stadium in Cardiff for the match against France in the annual Six Nations championship.

William, who lived with wife Kate in north Wales when they were newlyweds, spoke of his "passion" for the team.
Read more: See Prince William Belt Out the Welsh National Anthem at Rugby Match : People.com
Old 02-26-2016, 06:17 PM
Imperial Majesty

Video:
The Duke of Cambridge, Vice Royal Patron of the Welsh Rugby Union (WRU) and Patron of the Welsh Rugby Charitable Trust, visited the Principality Stadium, Cardiff on Friday. His Royal Highness attended a reception for injured players and their families supported by the Trust, and watched the RBS 6 Nations Wales vs. France game. .

Home - ITNSource News

A.W. TOZER
Old 02-26-2016, 06:22 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissP View Post
William was interviewed by BBC Sport before the match:

https://twitter.com/BBCSport/status/703308308598226944
This is very unusual - it may even be unique. Cant remember an interview like this before, but accept my memory is a long serving instrument and may need re-tuning!

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 02-26-2016, 06:33 PM
Heir Apparent

If I remember William did a little interview with Gary Linklater before the FA cup last year. Similar type deal.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Old 02-27-2016, 01:24 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

I think i recall at previous rugby games that William has attended during 6 nations or autumn internationals that he has given a very brief line or 2 to the BBC prior to the game.

Old 02-27-2016, 02:01 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippyboo View Post
If I remember William did a little interview with Gary Linklater before the FA cup last year. Similar type deal.

Gary Lineker:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessofEurope View Post
I think i recall at previous rugby games that William has attended during 6 nations or autumn internationals that he has given a very brief line or 2 to the BBC prior to the game.
I can't find any videos where it was not an official event.
Old 03-24-2016, 06:38 AM
Heir Apparent

Kensington Palace ‏@KensingtonRoyal
The Duke of Cambridge will mark 10 years as President of the @FA on 6 April with a celebration lunch at Wembley

https://twitter.com/KensingtonRoyal/...50777325731840
Old 04-06-2016, 05:14 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
The Duke of Cambridge will be joined by the Football Association (FA) board including chairman Greg Dyke for a Wembley Stadium lunch today to celebrate his upcoming 10th year as the president of English football's governing body.

William has been president of the FA for almost a decade after taking over the role from his uncle, the Duke of York, in May 2006.

The Duke has taken a keen interest in all aspects of the game from the grassroots level to supporting the national men's and women's teams.

Read more: The Duke of Cambridge celebrates 10th year as president of the Football Association (FA) | Western Daily Press

HRH The Duke Of Cambridge celebrates ten years as FA President with Wembley lunch - About Football Association | The FA
Old 04-06-2016, 04:42 PM
Majesty

Duke of Cambridge 'dying' to see Leicester win league title (From Oxford Mail)
Old 04-06-2016, 07:47 PM
Heir Apparent

The Duke of Cambridge and Sporting Patronages

The FA Chairman appears to take a shot at the press about the work shy William stories

http://www.thefa.com/news/thefa/2016...e-lunch-060416

Old 04-06-2016, 07:58 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
What a wonderful welcoming speech to make. It does clarify that Wills does get involved in quite a few aspects of the FA and takes his role seriously. It just goes to amplify that whatever we do see in photos and articles is just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to a royal's involvement in what they back.
Old 05-13-2016, 09:54 AM
Heir Apparent

The Duke of Cambridge, President of the Football Association, will attend the FA Cup final at Wembley stadium, Saturday 21 May 2016.

The Duke will present this year's winning team with the trophy from the Royal Box. It comes as he marks his 10th anniversary as President of the English Football Association (FA) this year.

Via Majesty Magazine Facebook
Old 05-21-2016, 12:30 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

The Duke of Cambridge is at the FA Cup Final at Wembley currently about to watch Manchester Utd vs Crystal Palace.
Old 05-21-2016, 01:09 PM
Heir Apparent

British Royals ‏@britishroyals
Prince William, @FA President, greets players including Wayne Rooney at the #FACupFinal [PA]

https://www.paimages.co.uk/headline/854910
Old 05-22-2016, 08:16 AM
Serene Highness

Crystal Palace have come a long way - but FA Cup win would give fans the glory they really crave - Ed Malyon - Mirror Online
Old 05-22-2016, 10:45 AM
Heir Presumptive

Prince William presents FA Cup to Manchester United – Royal Central
Old 06-10-2016, 10:14 AM
Heir Apparent

The FA @FA
🎥 A message to @England ahead of #Euro2016 from our president, HRH The Duke of Cambridge

https://twitter.com/FA/status/741265024023465984

ITV News @itvnews
Euro 2016: Prince William sends good luck message to #England team ahead of #EURO2016

Euro 2016: Prince William sends good luck message to England team - ITV News