The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 12-12-2014, 09:46 AM
Heir Apparent

BBC News - Prince William hails 'lasting memorial' to WW1 Christmas truce
Quote:
A memorial to the World War One Christmas Truce, when some British and German soldiers stopped fighting and played football, has been dedicated by the Duke of Cambridge.

England manager Roy Hodgson joined Prince William to unveil the statue at the National Memorial Arboretum.

The story of the truce was a "message of hope and humanity", the prince said.

The Football Remembers memorial was designed by a schoolboy after a UK-wide competition.
Prince William's tribute to men who took part in Christmas Day truce of 1914 | Daily Mail Online
Quote:
It was the moment two armies laid down their weapons in friendship for a single day before returning to the slaughter the following day.

Now, the Duke of Cambridge has paid tribute to the famous Christmas Day truce of 1914, describing it as 'a message of hope and humanity'.

William was speaking during a dedication ceremony of a monument to the moment at the National Memorial Arboretum in Staffordshire.

Old 12-12-2014, 02:59 PM
Heir Apparent

---------------------------------------------
Watch: Prince William in Aston and Perry Barr on royal visit - Birmingham Mail[/QUOTE]
First-
I'd say the Duke has found another child who will adore him for life in Spencer! Not surprised! Also not surprised that Spencer's mom got choked up! Who wouldn't? When are Spencer and Wills going to play footy in the KP garden?
Why is there a ram/ goat in the pics?

Old 05-13-2015, 08:55 AM
Heir Apparent

HRH the Duke of Cambridge, President of The Football Association, is to meet England Women next week at St. George's Park as they prepare for next month's World Cup in Canada.

Quote:
Prince William will meet head coach Mark Sampson and his players in the England dressing room, before watching the team train and joining them on the pitch for a team photo.

England head coach Sampson said: "The players and staff are really looking forward to welcoming the Duke to St George's Park next week.

"It's great to have his support ahead of the World Cup and it'll be fitting way to finish our training camp here ahead of what is a really exciting time for this team."
FA President HRH the Duke of Cambridge to give England Women World Cup send-off at St. George's Park - England | The FA
Old 05-13-2015, 12:31 PM
Heir Presumptive

I don't follow football so does anyone know if the team has a good chance of advancing in the tournament?
Old 05-13-2015, 02:01 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLLK View Post
I don't follow football so does anyone know if the team has a good chance of advancing in the tournament?
the England's women team is usually pretty good/strong. not a powerhouse but a strong unit
Old 05-13-2015, 03:20 PM
Heir Presumptive

Thank you polyesco.
Old 05-20-2015, 09:26 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
England's Women's World Cup squad were given royal approval on Wednesday, as the Duke of Cambridge took the time to watch them training at St George's Park.

Prince William, who is the president of the Football Association, spent time with the squad ahead of their departure to Canada for next month's World Cup.

The prince was introduced to manager Mark Sampson and captain Steph Houghton, before being shown around the facility and watching the squad train.
More: Prince William meets up with England's women at St George's Park ahead of World Cup in Canada* | Daily Mail Online
Old 05-20-2015, 12:04 PM
Imperial Majesty

Princess Charlotte has been giving the Duke of Cambridge "a few sleepless nights", he has told England Women's World Cup squad. William met the team at the National Football Centre today, before they jet off on Monday to start their campaign in Canada-
Prince William endures 'a few sleepless nights' thanks to baby Charlotte - Independent.ie

Video:
Prince William, who is president of the Football Association, met the England women’s football senior squad at St George's Park in Staffordshire. He signed his autograph on a wall of footballing greats near the entrance, which includes World Cup 1966 winners Geoff Hurst and David Beckham. England Women fly out to Canada next week, ahead of a pre-tournament friendly against the host nation and group matches against France, Mexico and Colombia-

http://news.itnsource.com/?SearchTer...%20FOOTBALLERS

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 05-20-2015, 12:53 PM
Heir Presumptive

Not surprised to see a tiny jersey for Charlotte was presented to her father today. Based on his comments it sounds like everything is fine at home even if the adults are having less rest. Good luck to the Lionesses in Canada.
Old 05-22-2015, 10:36 AM
Heir Apparent

Kensington PalaceVerified account ‏@KensingtonRoyal

The Duke of Cambridge, President of @FA, will attend the #FACupFinal between @Arsenal & @AVFCOfficial on 30 May, and will present the trophy
Old 05-22-2015, 10:55 AM
Heir Apparent

Hmmm, I wonder who William will be rooting for 😙

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Old 05-26-2015, 01:21 PM
Imperial Majesty

Royal Central @RoyalCentral 4h 4 hours ago
#PrinceWilliam has been interviewed by @GaryLineker ahead of Saturday's FA Cup Final between his side Aston Villa and Arsenal (via @emynash)

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 05-26-2015, 08:14 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
Royal Central @RoyalCentral 4h 4 hours ago
#PrinceWilliam has been interviewed by @GaryLineker ahead of Saturday's FA Cup Final between his side Aston Villa and Arsenal (via @emynash)

This will be one of those rare Engagements for William where he's either going to be really thrilled at the end of it or really disappointed. No inbetween this time.

It would be so fantastic though for William, after all these years as a fan and supporting them, if he was able to award the Cup to his beloved Aston Villa. Hope it happens!! :)

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app
Old 05-26-2015, 08:24 PM
Imperial Majesty

Charlotte and George will support Aston Villa, says Prince William ahead of FA Cup final-
Prince William talks to Gary Lineker ahead of FA Cup Final | Royal | News | Daily Express

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 05-26-2015, 08:56 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiggersk8 View Post
It would be so fantastic though for William, after all these years as a fan and supporting them, if he was able to award the Cup to his beloved Aston Villa. Hope it happens!! :)
I 'ruddy' hope so, we've had a crazy season!!
Old 05-28-2015, 01:18 PM
Imperial Majesty

Video:
Match of the Day presenter Gary Lineker has filmed an interview with The Duke of Cambridge ahead of the FA Cup Final between HRH's beloved Aston Villa and holders Arsenal-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=28&v=yHfKHJKt3ng

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 05-28-2015, 01:41 PM
Heir Apparent

How fascinating that he deliberately chose Aston Villa to be individual and to feel the ups and downs of a middle of the pack team supporter.

This is a complex guy from way back.
Old 05-28-2015, 03:10 PM
Heir Apparent

The blue sweater returns. Kate's clothes must hog their closets so William is limited to 5 outfits.

Old 05-28-2015, 04:54 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippyboo View Post
The blue sweater returns. Kate's clothes must hog their closets so William is limited to 5 outfits.

Isn't that the rich guy uniform though? :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmirerUS View Post
How fascinating that he deliberately chose Aston Villa to be individual and to feel the ups and downs of a middle of the pack team supporter.

This is a complex guy from way back.
Yeah, I thought that was interesting as well..

Also, that he so vocally supports them in this interview "shocked" me a bit. I'm really not a sports person, but isn't sports fans kind of religious about their teams? I'd thought he'd be more "diplomatic" about it :P
Old 05-28-2015, 06:10 PM
Heir Apparent

It's well known that's he a Villa fan so to act like he doesn't care who wins would come across as a fake.