The Duke of Cambridge and Sporting Patronages 1: Ending Sep 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Duke of Cambridge will launch a programme for Welsh apprentices hoping to become the coaches of tomorrow.

William's Royal Foundation has awarded funding to the Welsh Rugby Union (WRU) to run a one-year Coach Core initiative for 12 young people to learn the skills to become professional sports trainers.

Coach Core was created by The Royal Foundation of the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Prince Harry in 2012 as part of the Olympic Legacy programme.

It provides an intense training programme for 16 to 24-year-olds, many from disadvantaged social backgrounds, to become qualified coaches and inspire their peers.
Read more: ​The Duke of Cambridge to launch programme for Welsh rugby coach apprentices | Western Daily Press

Prince William gives support to WRU apprentices hoping to become the sports coaches of the future - Wales Online

Last edited:
Prince William is visiting Cardiff to launch the Welsh Rugby Union's Coach Core apprenticeship programme - and to watch Wales take on Fiji in the Rugby World Cup-
Prince William in Cardiff to launch WRU Coach Core scheme - BBC News

Video:
The Duke of Cambridge has been put through his paces today, during a visit to the National Sports Centre in Cardiff. Launching the Welsh RFU’s ‘Coach Core’ programme, Prince William took part in a training exercise which involved throwing a rugby ball back and forth between students. The launch comes ahead of today’s Rugby World Cup match between Wales and Fiji at the Millennium Stadium-

http://news.itnsource.com/?SearchTerm=PRINCE WILLIAM MEETS RUGBY SPORTS STUDENTS IN CARDIFF

Last edited:
:previous:Like how William, Kate and Harry are always willing to participate in the activities at their sporting patronages.

The Duke of Cambridge today (Thursday 1 October) launched the Welsh Rugby Union (WRU) Coach Core apprenticeship programme.

Coach Core was created by The Royal Foundation of the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Prince Harry in 2012 as part of the Olympics Legacy and it aims to improve the quality and availability of sports coaching, especially in schools and communities in deprived areas, while also creating employment.
Read more: The Duke of Cambridge launches WRU Coach Core apprenticeship programme : Newsroom | Welsh Rugby Union | Official Website

Prince William is the man who might one day become King -- but there's only one crown on his mind at the moment and that's the Rugby World Cup.

The prince, who is the vice patron of the Welsh Rugby Union, was in Cardiff on Thursday to watch his beloved Wales take another giant step towards the quarterfinals with a 23-13 win over Fiji in Cardiff.

William, with a red scarf wrapped around his neck, was at Twickenham last Saturday as Wales produced a historic performance to seal a 28-25 win over old enemy England.
Read more: Rugby World Cup: Wales win has Prince WIlliam smiling - CNN.com

The Duke of Cambridge, who is Royal Vice Patron of the Welsh Rugby Union, presented the players with their shirts ahead of Saturday's World Cup Pool A decider against Australia at Twickenham.

The WRU tweeted a group picture of players with the Duke, who was flanked by forwards Paul James and Ross Moriarty.

" Huge honour for squad to receive their match jerseys from HRH The Duke of Cambridge this afternoon @KensingtonRoyal" read the WRU's accompanying tweet.
Read more: Duke of Cambridge presents Wales World Cup shirts - BelfastTelegraph.co.uk

Welsh Rugby Union ‏@WelshRugbyUnion
Huge honour for squad to receive their match jerseys from HRH The Duke of Cambridge this afternoon @KensingtonRoyal
https://twitter.com/WelshRugbyUnion/status/652486994132606976

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GIOiYB6a1Vs&feature=youtu.be

HRH The Duke of Cambridge Jersey Presentation | WRU TV

Last edited by a moderator:
I like how they put the effort into the symbolism of things like jerseys and caps. They could have just put the jerseys in the lockers but the have a presentation ceremony. The caps earned for playing for your country could be just a statistical record but they actually gave them physical caps to wear.

Can someone send Kate a letter to buy Wills some new sweaters for Christmas? Put Lupo's or the kids name on the package. He wears the same one all the time.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

I like how they put the effort into the symbolism of things like jerseys and caps. They could have just put the jerseys in the lockers but the have a presentation ceremony. The caps earned for playing for your country could be just a statistical record but they actually gave them physical caps to wear.

Can someone send Kate a letter to buy Wills some new sweaters for Christmas? Put Lupo's or the kids name on the package. He wears the same one all the time.

Or he may have several of the same color and style. He wore something of this sort since he was a teen. It suits him. Anyway, I liked the presentation too. Very well done.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

William and Kate at the rugby

Emily Nash @emynash
#PrinceWilliam and #Kate are at the #WALvAUS game at Twickenham, both belting out Hen Wlad Fy Nhadau again! #CymruAmByth

Last edited:

Emily NashVerified ‏@emynash
#PrinceWilliam and #Kate are at the #WALvAUS game at Twickenham, both belting out Hen Wlad Fy Nhadau again! #CymruAmByth

Given that he will be the Prince of Wales one day, that stint in Anglesey was genius for bonding the Cambridges to Wales. It's not at all fake, their affection for Wales!

ONE of Monmouth Rugby Club’s players had the honour of coaching an unusual student.

Dan White, the club’s first XV scrum half, was appointed this month as one of 12 Welsh Rugby Union coaching apprentices in a scheme launched by His Royal Highness the Duke of Cambridge and had the opportunity to teach the Duke a few new skills.

The Duke of Cambridge met and was coached by the apprentices at Sport Wales, before he attended the Wales v Fiji Rugby World Cup match at the Millenium Stadium.
Read more: Rugby star ready to tackle royal-backed role | Monmouthshire Beacon

Emily Nash @emynash

Given that he will be the Prince of Wales one day, that stint in Anglesey was genius for bonding the Cambridges to Wales. It's not at all fake, their affection for Wales!

You know, all these years I have stated The Star Spangled Banner is one of the toughest National Anthems to sing. Which it is, I mean, it's all sharps and flats w/no let ups to it at all. Then I looked up Hen Wlad Fy Nhadau on YouTube, because I'd never heard it before, and...YIKES!!! I am beyond impressed they not only know it, but feel comfortable enough w/it to sing it in Public. Welsh really is one of *the* tongue twister Languages, isn't it? :)

ITA w/you AdmirerUS. That time in Anglesey was good for so many levels in the Relationship between both William and Kate and Wales. When the time comes, won't they be the first Prince and Princess of Wales who can say they actually lived in Wales in a very, very long time? Or do I have that wrong?

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

Did William attend the Wales v South Africa 1/4final match at Twickenham over the weekend - i haven't seen any pictures so i assume he was not there

Kensington Palace ‏@KensingtonRoyal
The Duke of Cambridge, President of the @FA, will attend tomorrow's match at Wembley between @england and France @FFF

Peter Hunt ‏@BBCPeterHunt
Officials say Prince William will attend the England v France football match in an act of solidarity with the French people. #ParisAttacks

William to attend England v France out of 'solidarity' - ITV News

Prince William hailed tonight’s football match between England and France as a “powerful message” of unity in defiance of the threat from Islamic State terrorists.

The Prince, who is attending the Wembley fixture as president of the Football Association, issued a statement saying the fact that it is taking place just four days after the Paris atrocity sent a strong signal to extremists who want to divide society.
Read more: Prince William issues defiant message to unite against terrorism ahead of England match against France | London | News | London Evening Standard

The Duke of Cambridge, Vice Royal Patron of the @WelshRugbyUnion will attend the Wales vs France game on Friday

HRH will also attend a reception for injured players and their families supported by the Welsh Rugby Charitable Trust before the match

The Duke of Cambridge will meet injured rugby players before watching the RBS Six Nations Wales v France game at the Principality Stadium today.

William, who is vice royal patron of the Welsh Rugby Union (WRU) and patron of the Welsh Rugby Charitable Trust, will hold a reception for 11 injured players and their families.

Established in 1972, the charitable trust supports players who have been severely injured whilst playing rugby union in Wales.

As well as offering practical support, including specially adapted vehicles and wheelchairs, the trust provides pastoral care and social opportunities for the former players and their families.
Read more: William, Duke of Cambridge, to meet injured rugby players before watching Six Nations Wales v France | Western Daily Press

Video:
The Duke of Cambridge, Vice Royal Patron of the Welsh Rugby Union (WRU) and Patron of the Welsh Rugby Charitable Trust, visited the Principality Stadium, Cardiff on Friday. His Royal Highness attended a reception for injured players and their families supported by the Trust, and watched the RBS 6 Nations Wales vs. France game. .

Home - ITNSource News

If I remember William did a little interview with Gary Linklater before the FA cup last year. Similar type deal.

I think i recall at previous rugby games that William has attended during 6 nations or autumn internationals that he has given a very brief line or 2 to the BBC prior to the game.

If I remember William did a little interview with Gary Linklater before the FA cup last year. Similar type deal.

Gary Lineker:
Prince William interviewed by Gary Lineker ... - YouTube

I think i recall at previous rugby games that William has attended during 6 nations or autumn internationals that he has given a very brief line or 2 to the BBC prior to the game.

I can't find any videos where it was not an official event. :flowers:

The Duke of Cambridge will be joined by the Football Association (FA) board including chairman Greg Dyke for a Wembley Stadium lunch today to celebrate his upcoming 10th year as the president of English football's governing body.

William has been president of the FA for almost a decade after taking over the role from his uncle, the Duke of York, in May 2006.

The Duke has taken a keen interest in all aspects of the game from the grassroots level to supporting the national men's and women's teams.

Read more: The Duke of Cambridge celebrates 10th year as president of the Football Association (FA) | Western Daily Press

HRH The Duke Of Cambridge celebrates ten years as FA President with Wembley lunch - About Football Association | The FA

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom