https://twitter.com/#!/SkyNewsRoyal/status/195212586101387264/photo/1
http://yfrog.com/h2bi5acj

ITN coverage
http://www.itv.com/news/story/2012-0...kate-premiere/

Old 04-25-2012, 02:47 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by EIIR View Post
Anyone else think this might be a good time for William to call Juan Carlos in Madrid to ask for a donation to Tusk Trust?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemisia View Post

The thought had crossed my mind too.
I'd love to be a fly on the wall during that conversation!
That makes 3 of us!

Old 04-25-2012, 03:11 PM
Heir Apparent

Info on the dress:
Quote:
Anna N. ‏ @AnnieElizabethN
@WhatKateWore @RoyalReporter The dress is prefall 2012 and the salesperson told me Kate actually ordered the dress in January
People article:
Kate Middleton and Prince William Walk Red Carpet at African Cats Premiere : People.com
Old 04-25-2012, 03:11 PM
Heir Presumptive

Thanks for keeping us in the loop yet again, ghostnight! You're a star.
Old 04-25-2012, 03:13 PM
Heir Apparent

Your welcome! I'll be here tomorrow as well so no worries got y'all covered.

Untagged pics:
Kate Middleton Photos - Zimbio
cambridge - News, photos, topics, and quotes

From Wills speech:
Quote:
Robert Jobson ‏ @theroyaleditor #royal William speech: "African Cats is a great documentary. It is also a superb educational project in its own right."
#royal Will: "It will help many, many people around the world appreciate our planet's extraordinary planet’s natural heritage."
#royal William: Africa’s natural heritage is the world’s natural heritage. We have to preserve places like this for future generations.
#royal William: "We must act now, coherently and together, if the situation is to be reversed and our legacy preserved."
#royal William: "Spread the word about the work of Tusk in this battle to preserve Africa’s unique natural heritage."
Quote:
Richard Palmer ‏ @RoyalReporter Prince William after seeing wildlife film African Cats tonight: "I'm emotionally exhausted. There's more drama in that than EastEnders."
Some twitter pics here including a few from Wills speech
https://twitter.com/#!/Wilkinson_David/media/grid

They're leaving
Quote:
Richard Palmer ‏ @RoyalReporter William and Kate are just leaving the BFI Southbank.
Old 04-25-2012, 03:41 PM
Heir Apparent

LOL! I remember that night. Member prior to when they got married they're last appearance it was raining and they each had an umbrella or in Canada when it seemed like the umbrella was taking control of Catherine haha

Will and Kate Take a Walk on the Wild Side at African Cats Premiere - E! Online

BTW I swear it looks like William dyed his hair dark brown it was much blonder before. The styling isn't much different but it looks much fuller for some reason.

Quote:
Ross Lydall ‏ @RossLydall "They loved it, they absolutely loved it." Charlie Mayhew, chief exec of @TUSKTRUST, on William + Kate's reaction to African Cats

Hookay I'm going to get some lunch take a large sleeping pill going to bed to rest up cause I'll be up late again tonight with the next 2 appearances. I will be back later tonight with approx times. I just have to talk to my contacts first.
Old 04-25-2012, 05:14 PM
Heir Presumptive

The look of love?

Britains Prince William And His Wife Catherine Duchess Of
Old 04-25-2012, 05:44 PM
Heir Apparent

I'm back with more vids
Video: The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge attend the premiere of African Cats - Telegraph
William & Kate at premiere - ITV News
(scroll down for William's speech)
Old 04-25-2012, 05:56 PM
Heir Presumptive

First off, they look amazing. Wish I could see this movie, as not only do I adore the Big Cats, but to listen to Patrick Stewart, Captain Picard, narrate the thing? Happy sigh... :oD

Second...Has anyone seen any close up pics of the collar and/or sleeve details of Kate's outfit? I do embroidery and also add beads/stones when needed. I also make jewelry, so have several beads and stones handy around here. I'm willing to bet if I saw it up close, I could make a copy of it to jazz up a dress of mine that badly needs an up grade/bit of a boost.

Thanks in advance!! :o)
Old 04-25-2012, 06:00 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiggersk8 View Post
First off, they look amazing. Wish I could see this movie, as not only do I adore the Big Cats, but to listen to Patrick Stewart, Captain Picard, narrate the thing? Happy sigh... :oD

Second...Has anyone seen any close up pics of the collar and/or sleeve details of Kate's outfit? I do embroidery and also add beads/stones when needed. I also make jewelry, so have several beads and stones handy around here. I'm willing to bet if I saw it up close, I could make a copy of it to jazz up a dress of mine that badly needs an up grade/bit of a boost.

Thanks in advance!! :o)
How's this? http://i.huffpost.com/gadgets/slides...jpg?1335381766
http://www.imagebam.com/image/2acde2186844327
Old 04-25-2012, 06:44 PM
Heir Presumptive

soooooooooo great!!! they look so great.
Today the world has embraced new royal Princesses in the form of Mary of Denmark and Maxima of the Netherlands. But it's questionable whether even these hugely popular, increasingly glamorous future Queens will ever capture the world's imagination in the same way as Diana.
As Mario acknowledges: "She really was a true Princess".
-www.theroyalist.net-
Old 04-25-2012, 07:44 PM
Heir Apparent

Nice to see them together again and for such a worthy cause. And I could listen to Patrick Stewart all day long! Thank you, Ghostnight, for your tireless work in sharing your videos and other information with us all.
Old 04-25-2012, 08:01 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by EIIR View Post
But, as long as it's not purple or velvet like Fredrik of Denmark wears, I'm happy enough.
Surely you jest!

P.S. I agree about Charles' tailoring - very snappy. The camera is unforgiving with a single-breatsed suit - a bit 'thin'. Wonder what the change of wardrobe decision was about for William. Maybe the weight-loss prompted a quick re-think?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost_night554 View Post
I know its the style these days but I don't like the red streaks. I think it really detracts - looks a little cheapening - but I know I'm not with the current hair coloring trends. She has a head of beautiful dark hair - she should let it be is my opinion. Touch up if she needs to for gray but leave it solid. At most do sun-high-lights. IMO.
Old 04-25-2012, 08:30 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyger View Post
Surely you jest!
Nope, no jest.
Crown Prince Frederik has worn both purple and velvet suits, and worse still - a purple velvet suit.
Old 04-25-2012, 09:07 PM
Majesty

Great to see them again! They both look great!
Old 04-25-2012, 09:19 PM
Majesty

First, ghost_night, thank you so much for all the links to pictures and videos . Your dedication is appreciated.

I'm so glad to see William and Catherine working together again. They're such a good team, and are able to pretty much bounce off of each other. I loved William's speech. You can literally feel his passion for the cause, and I'm a firm believer in the fact that if one has true passion for one's job, one will be able to literally set the world on fire. I think he's bringing attention to something that is very dear to him, and I hope that his efforts are not in vain. I had no idea how extinct lions and cheetahs have become until I read/heard William speaking today.

I love the fact that William holds the umbrella for Catherine. It's such a gentleman-ly gesture on his part. Shows us all that chivalry is not dead (just forgotten by the majority of the male population, but I won't get into that here). As someone pointed out, William appears to be rather worn out, but I will venture and say that perhaps he has been working a lot of shifts to make sure he has the days off that he needs for the engagements this week (as well as their first anniversary weekend). I may be wrong, and it could turn out to be something completely different, but it's just my guess.

EIIR, yes, Charles certainly knows how to wear a suit, and I love the classic and timeless look of either a double or single-breasted suit jacket. William's appears to be very well tailored, and he looks spectacular. As for Frederik's choices of purple and velvet suits, all I'll say is this; Your Highness, please put those things far, far away, and never ever take them out. They are better suited for a costume closet of a very horrid off-off-off Broadway production of...I don't even know what. How horrid indee

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 04-25-2012, 09:55 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemisia View Post
Nope, no jest.
Crown Prince Frederik has worn both purple and velvet suits, and worse still - a purple velvet suit.
- Reminds me of a certian purple dinosaur!
Old 04-25-2012, 10:55 PM
Serene Highness

The purple velvet suit...leaves one speechless!
Old 04-25-2012, 11:19 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by roseroyal View Post
- Reminds me of a certian purple dinosaur!
Oh, now I'm really creeped out (though the similarity is pretty funny [and thankfully, he didn't put on a green shirt or tie, because then it would have been pretty bad]). I guess one can't help but just a little bit while looking at that picture.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessKaimi View Post
The purple velvet suit...leaves one speechless!
Oh, definitely, but not in a good way .

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 04-25-2012, 11:53 PM
Courtier

The purple and velvet suits have thankfully been put in the far, far back of Frederik's closet since Mary came along, but have you seen Prince Henrik?! Fashion for men seems to be an inherited trait.

Personally I prefer the single breasted suit on William, since his frame is not the same as Charles' who obviously looks better with double-breasted suits... Double-breasted doesn't always look better, it depends on the man.