The Duke of Cambridge and Conservation Efforts 1: Ending Sep 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
First off, they look amazing. Wish I could see this movie, as not only do I adore the Big Cats, but to listen to Patrick Stewart, Captain Picard, narrate the thing? Happy sigh... :eek:D

Second...Has anyone seen any close up pics of the collar and/or sleeve details of Kate's outfit? I do embroidery and also add beads/stones when needed. I also make jewelry, so have several beads and stones handy around here. I'm willing to bet if I saw it up close, I could make a copy of it to jazz up a dress of mine that badly needs an up grade/bit of a boost.

Thanks in advance!! :eek:)

First off, they look amazing. Wish I could see this movie, as not only do I adore the Big Cats, but to listen to Patrick Stewart, Captain Picard, narrate the thing? Happy sigh... :eek:D

Second...Has anyone seen any close up pics of the collar and/or sleeve details of Kate's outfit? I do embroidery and also add beads/stones when needed. I also make jewelry, so have several beads and stones handy around here. I'm willing to bet if I saw it up close, I could make a copy of it to jazz up a dress of mine that badly needs an up grade/bit of a boost.

Thanks in advance!! :eek:)
How's this? http://i.huffpost.com/gadgets/slideshows/222686/slide_222686_906188_original.jpg?1335381766
http://www.imagebam.com/image/2acde2186844327

soooooooooo great!!! they look so great.

Nice to see them together again and for such a worthy cause. And I could listen to Patrick Stewart all day long! Thank you, Ghostnight, for your tireless work in sharing your videos and other information with us all.:flowers:

Last edited:
But, as long as it's not purple or velvet like Fredrik of Denmark wears, I'm happy enough.

:shock: Surely you jest! :blink:

P.S. I agree about Charles' tailoring - very snappy. The camera is unforgiving with a single-breatsed suit - a bit 'thin'. Wonder what the change of wardrobe decision was about for William. Maybe the weight-loss prompted a quick re-think?

I know its the style these days but I don't like the red streaks. I think it really detracts - looks a little cheapening - but I know I'm not with the current hair coloring trends. She has a head of beautiful dark hair - she should let it be is my opinion. Touch up if she needs to for gray but leave it solid. At most do sun-high-lights. IMO.

Last edited:
Great to see them again! They both look great!

First, ghost_night, thank you so much for all the links to pictures and videos :flowers:. Your dedication is appreciated.

I'm so glad to see William and Catherine working together again. They're such a good team, and are able to pretty much bounce off of each other. I loved William's speech. You can literally feel his passion for the cause, and I'm a firm believer in the fact that if one has true passion for one's job, one will be able to literally set the world on fire. I think he's bringing attention to something that is very dear to him, and I hope that his efforts are not in vain. I had no idea how extinct lions and cheetahs have become until I read/heard William speaking today.

I love the fact that William holds the umbrella for Catherine. It's such a gentleman-ly gesture on his part. Shows us all that chivalry is not dead (just forgotten by the majority of the male population, but I won't get into that here). As someone pointed out, William appears to be rather worn out, but I will venture and say that perhaps he has been working a lot of shifts to make sure he has the days off that he needs for the engagements this week (as well as their first anniversary weekend). I may be wrong, and it could turn out to be something completely different, but it's just my guess.

EIIR, yes, Charles certainly knows how to wear a suit, and I love the classic and timeless look of either a double or single-breasted suit jacket. William's appears to be very well tailored, and he looks spectacular. As for Frederik's choices of purple and velvet suits, all I'll say is this; Your Highness, please put those things far, far away, and never ever take them out. They are better suited for a costume closet of a very horrid off-off-off Broadway production of...I don't even know what. How horrid indee

Last edited:
:eek:- Reminds me of a certian purple dinosaur!:lol:

Oh, now I'm really creeped out :eek: (though the similarity is pretty funny [and thankfully, he didn't put on a green shirt or tie, because then it would have been pretty bad]). I guess one can't help but :ROFLMAO: just a little bit while looking at that picture.

The purple velvet suit...leaves one speechless!

Oh, definitely, but not in a good way :lol:.

The purple and velvet suits have thankfully been put in the far, far back of Frederik's closet since Mary came along, but have you seen Prince Henrik?! Fashion for men seems to be an inherited trait.

Personally I prefer the single breasted suit on William, since his frame is not the same as Charles' who obviously looks better with double-breasted suits... Double-breasted doesn't always look better, it depends on the man.

It's good to see Kate and William out and about. Looking forward to their two engagements tomorrow.

The purple and velvet suits have thankfully been put in the far, far back of Frederik's closet since Mary came along, but have you seen Prince Henrik?! Fashion for men seems to be an inherited trait.

Not far enough. :lol: He wore a blue crushed velvet suit during William and Kate's recent visit to Copenhagen. He looked ridiculous.

Last edited:

Well, good for Mary! :in_love: A new reason to love her. :flowers:

He gave up his purple velvet suit - it must be love! :p

Might this be a thread-nap - ya think?

Personally I prefer the single breasted suit on William, since his frame is not the same as Charles' who obviously looks better with double-breasted suits... Double-breasted doesn't always look better, it depends on the man.

Not quite. Velvet suits still make regular appearances apparently. January this year:

Google Image Result for http://theroyalcorrespondent.files.wordpress.com/2012/01/groovy-fred1.jpg

Not to mention his red trousers:

Mary goes fur style, Fred goes for red - World - smh.com.au

Not quite. Velvet suits still make regular appearances apparently. January this year:

Google Image Result for http://theroyalcorrespondent.files.wordpress.com/2012/01/groovy-fred1.jpg

Not to mention his red trousers:

Mary goes fur style, Fred goes for red - World - smh.com.au

As I PM'd soapstar, Mary can only do so much! :lol:
The red pants have their own fan club/following I'm afraid but Frederik certainly doesn't wear them nor his funky suits (the only way I can describe them) as often as he used to.
Though I'm not personally a fan of the velvet suits, I love that Frederik isn't afraid to do "something different." IMO better than dressing the same for years with no differentiation, i.e. same old grey or navy two button suits and the common tuxedo

Apologies to the Mods for going off-topic

Ya beat me to it by a few mins hehe I do hope though plans go ahead and the Duke makes this documentary, since I really enjoyed the first one, learned alot from it.

The interview is on BBC now, I'm surprised by the way he speaks. The interviewer says 'I can tell this makes you angry' and he replies 'yes it makes me very angry'. But I just don't hear it, he sounds like he's reading a speech that's been prepared. I don't hear any passion.

I just saw it too and had the opposite thought completely. William's not one to let his guard down, particularly in front of the media. But you could tell he loves these animals and Africa generally.

Is it me or is Prince William is the least posh of the Royal Family.

I think the "least royal" has to go to either Harry or Zara. Harry if we're talking titles.

^I don't know when he has time to do all these things, but he gets it done! Here at some articles about William's video message calling for countries to pledge to end the ivory trade and the last article is about the impact it had particularly in Thailand. Good for The Duke of Cambridge!

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/mob...g-kate-middleton_n_2802700.html?utm_hp_ref=uk

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukn...ambridge-calls-for-an-end-to-ivory-trade.html

http://m.scienceworldreport.com/art...llegal-ivory-trade-elephants-helped-cites.htm

Last edited:
^I don't know when he has time to do all these things, but he gets it done!

No offence meant but whilst I know William has a real job, and he works so many long shifts, I'm pretty sure if he's got enough spare time to pop over to a friends wedding he can take 5 minutes out of his day to make a little video. I imagine they were done weeks ago, due to the setting.

I very much dough, that doing a 'little Videomessage' is done in 5min. I can assure you that much from my professional background as a PR-Consultant. Even if he is not involved in the production and 'only' does the speaking part, he will have to work the speech through several times, and doing the vid several times over I guess. No way to do it in under 3hours, very possible more.

No offence meant but whilst I know William has a real job, and he works so many long shifts, I'm pretty sure if he's got enough spare time to pop over to a friends wedding he can take 5 minutes out of his day to make a little video. I imagine they were done weeks ago, due to the setting.

I very much dough, that doing a 'little Videomessage' is done in 5min. I can assure you that much from my professional background as a PR-Consultant. Even if he is not involved in the production and 'only' does the speaking part, he will have to work the speech through several times, and doing the vid several times over I guess. No way to do it in under 3hours, very possible more.

IMO, if it is an issue he cares deeply about, he would have had some input into the content and form of the message as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom