Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 03-05-2017, 11:58 PM
Imperial Majesty

Prince William to highlight the horrors of the ivory trade | Daily Mail Online

A.W. TOZER
Old 03-25-2017, 07:53 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Antiques dealers have been accused of flouting laws to sell banned ivory, fibbing about its age to bypass sanctions despite a high profile campaign led by the Duke of Cambridge to secure an outright ban.

A study has shown that three-quarters of antiques dealers admit being aware of illegal trading, knowing colleagues or auctioneers happy to sell modern ivory passing it off as a still-legal pre-1947 artefact.

The evidence, reported by Portsmouth University’s School of Law, has been described as “disturbing”, with such traders condemned as perpetuating the slaughter of elephants for “purely mercenary motives”.
Read more: Antiques dealers accused of flouting ivory laws despite Duke of Cambridge's campaign*

Old 04-09-2017, 03:42 AM
Majesty

Queen risks angering Prince William by displaying ivory | Daily Mail Online

"Queen risks angering Prince William by displaying controversial ivory artefacts in a new exhibition at her Sandringham estate"
Old 04-09-2017, 04:22 AM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
We should start calling the DM "spooners" as they're always trying to stir up controversy. William is campaigning and concerned about the ivory trade that is going on now. I would imagine that he is intelligent to realize that things made in the past from ivory are something he cannot do anything about and they're quite valuable.

His work is to prevent the ivory trade that would allow for future items to be made.
Old 06-16-2017, 08:01 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Unsung heroes on the frontline of conservation in Africa have been hailed in a shortlist for the prestigious Tusk Awards.

Three finalists, from Malawi, Nigeria and Kenya, have been selected in the main category, while two further have been chosen in the Wildlife Ranger Award.

Prince William, the charity’s Royal Patron, who has previously spent time in Africa working with the recipients of past commendations, said it was “vital” that the work of both rangers and conservationists was recognised: “We all owe them a huge debt of gratitude.”
Read more: Prince William praises five unsung heroes fighting for Africa's wildlife
Old 08-23-2017, 03:20 PM
Heir Apparent

Roya Nikkhah @RoyaNikkhah
Strong words from the Duke of Cambridge following the killing of conservationist Wayne Lotter in Tanzania

Quote:
Tusk’s Royal Patron, HRH The Duke of Cambridge, who has campaigned globally to end of the illegal wildlife trade said today, "Wayne Lotter's violent and apparently targeted murder shows just how dangerous the situation has become in relation to the big money that is associated with the illegal ivory and rhino horn trades. Rangers and conservationists put themselves in harm's way every day to stop organised criminals destroying Africa's natural resources.

Governments and NGOs must win this fight for the sake of all of us, especially those in communities whose livelihoods are being plundered by murderous criminals. My deepest condolences to Wayne's family and all those at PAMS Foundation for this senseless loss."
Read more: Tusk expresses shock at the news of conservationist’s ‘senseless’ murder. | Tusk
Old 10-05-2017, 07:38 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
The 2017 Tusk Conservation Awards took place in Cape Town on Wednesday evening, 4 October. Paying tribute to the "unrelenting dedication and commitment" of Africa's wildlife heroes, Tusk's royal patron Prince William addressed attendees via video.

“I worry a great deal that our generation is not meeting our moral obligation to leave this planet in better shape than we inherited it," the prince said. "Our children and grandchildren will not thank us if we fail in our duty to reverse the decline in so many species.”
Read more: Tusk royal patron Prince William honours Africa's wildlife warriors
Old 10-06-2017, 07:59 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
A ban on the sale of ivory in the UK is to be examined by the government, in a victory for the Duke of Cambridge’s campaign to halt the trade in endangered wildlife.

The proposed block on all would see the trade in all worked ivory, regardless of date, banned, with exceptions made for sales to and between museums, of musical instruments, of items containing only small amounts of ivory, and items of significant historical, cultural, or artistic value.

The sale of raw tusks of any age is already illegal. Worked ivory items produced after 3 March 1947 can be sold with a certificate, with no restrictions at all on worked ivory produced before that date.
Read more: Government proposes ivory trade ban in victory for Duke of Cambridge
Old 10-06-2017, 10:55 AM
Heir Apparent

Excellent news and thank you for sharing it Rudolph.
Old 10-16-2017, 08:49 PM
Heir Apparent

Cepe Smith @CepeSmith

CC 16/10 The Duke of Cambridge this evening attended a Dinner in aid of Stop Ivory at Thomas Goode and Company Limited, London W1.
Old 10-16-2017, 09:43 PM
Courtier

I recently read that trade of ivory from elephant tusks is partly being replaced by an increase in ivory from hippo teeth. So, still a lot of work to be done.
Old 10-18-2017, 08:22 AM
Heir Apparent

Cepe Smith @CepeSmith

CC 17/10 Duke of Cambridge President, United for Wildlife, this afternoon rec'd Mr John Robinson (Exec VP, Wildlife Conservation Society).
Old 10-18-2017, 08:38 AM
Majesty

Thanks Rudolph for the updates from Cepe in the conservation area. William is really getting into the swing of things and making strides with the Foundation's United for Wildlife.
Old 10-23-2017, 01:25 PM
Heir Apparent

Kensington Palace @KengsingtoRoyal
As Royal Patron of Tusk, The Duke of Cambridge will attend the conservation charity's Gala Dinner at the @RoundhouseLDN on 2 November 2017.
Old 11-01-2017, 07:24 AM
Heir Apparent

United for Wildlife @united4wildlife
Today, The Duke of Cambridge & @WilliamJHague will host the latest meeting of our Transport Taskforce. Find out more

https://www.unitedforwildlife.org/#!...roducts-seized
Old 11-02-2017, 06:20 PM
Heir Apparent

The Duke of Cambridge gives a speech at the Tusk Trust Ball

https://www.royal.uk/duke-cambridge-...usk-trust-ball
Old 11-02-2017, 09:16 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
The Duke of Cambridge has hailed progress in combating the illegal wildlife trade as an “all-too-rare example” of the world uniting behind a cause.

William was speaking at a gala dinner in central London hosted by the charity Tusk, which works to protect wildlife across Africa.

He has been a royal patron of Tusk since December 2005 and praised its conservation efforts, pointing to recent commitments from the UK and China to curb the ivory trade.and
Read more: Duke of Cambridge hails unity in fight against illegal wildlife trade - BT
Old 11-03-2017, 03:18 AM
Administrator

Here are some more additional photos of the Duke of Cambridge at the Tusk Gala yesterday:

** gettyimages/zimbio gallery **

** dailymail: Duke of Cambridge becomes emotional as he condemns 'barbaric' illegal wildlife trade during gala dinner..**
Old 11-03-2017, 09:07 AM
Majesty

This is definitely an area that William is passionate about and over the past couple of years, with his efforts, there have been changes made that have to let him know that he's on the right path in what he's doing both with Tusk and the Foundation's United for Wildlife.

When a passion yields results, it adds fuel to the the fire of that passion to continue and I think this area will always be an area close to William's heart.
Old 11-03-2017, 01:18 PM
Majesty

This is definitely one of William's passions.

another article on his speech last night
Prince William warns there's too many people in the world | Daily Mail Online