The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 11-21-2016, 10:33 AM
Heir Apparent

Something I didn't know. Back in March when William was in Kenya to help collar elephants, he also served as co-pilot in the helicopter that fired the dart. From the article:

Quote:
To date, we have collared Matt five times, most recently in March 2016 when the Duke of Cambridge, Prince William took part in the collaring operation. He chose to take a hands on role during the exercise, first by co-piloting the helicopter used to dart Matt and thereafter assisting the team on the ground to fit the collar and further ensure Matt’s position is recorded every hour for his protection and understanding his movements.
Read more: Matt Gets the Royal Treatment - Save the Elephants

Old 11-21-2016, 12:01 PM
Heir Apparent

That's because the press were too busy trying to imply things about William attending Jecca wedding.

Old 12-01-2016, 06:08 AM
Heir Apparent

A speech by The Duke of Cambridge at the Tusk Awards 2016

https://www.royal.uk/speech-duke-cam...sk-awards-2016

]Tusk Conservation Awards: Meet the man who took on guerillas and mantraps to single-handedly save a species

Prince William presents Sir David Attenborough with*wildlife conservation award
Old 12-01-2016, 11:17 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Prince William is setting the bar for sons-in-law everywhere.

The royal brought his in-laws, Carole and Michael Middleton, to the Tusk Conservation Awards in London on Wednesday evening, yet another sign that the Middletons enjoy an unprecedented position within the modern royal family.

Tusk was one of the first causes adopted by William when he started his public life. He used the gala to pay tribute to Roger Gower, a British helicopter pilot who was killed during an anti-poaching operation in January.
Read more: Prince William Attends Conservation Awards with Carole and Michael Middleton
Old 12-01-2016, 12:10 PM
Heir Apparent

I think it's pretty neat he brought his inlaws.

LaRae
Old 12-01-2016, 12:26 PM
Heir Apparent

They may have been there but "brought by William"? On an official engagement?

I find that difficult to believe. But that they were there, contributed by buying tickets/table - that's believable.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 12-01-2016, 12:54 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
They may have been there but "brought by William"? On an official engagement?

I find that difficult to believe. But that they were there, contributed by buying tickets/table - that's believable.
I'm sure they purchased tickets to go, but William can take his in-laws on an official engagement. Just as Catherine can take her parents on an official engagement.

A.W. TOZER
Old 12-01-2016, 01:16 PM
Heir Apparent

But he didn't bring them. There isn't even any pictures of William with them

Here's William arriving by himself

https://mobile.twitter.com/tusk_org/...45107196526599
Old 12-01-2016, 01:33 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippyboo View Post
But he didn't bring them. There isn't even any pictures of William with them

Here's William arriving by himself

https://mobile.twitter.com/tusk_org/...45107196526599
He also left on his own.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 12-01-2016, 02:03 PM
Imperial Majesty

I don't think anyone was applying that he actually drove them to the event, but that William and his in-laws attended the event.

The headline was crafted to get the attention of the reader.

A.W. TOZER
Old 12-01-2016, 04:48 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Is it possible that the Middletons are very quietly contributing to Tusk over the years?

It wouldn't surprised me one bit that a very well to do family would support monetarily some worthy cause their son-in-law promotes and is passionate about. They would never say a word as their financial records and their charitable donations are their own business.

We do know, however, that Party Pieces backs the Starlight Foundations and has for years.
Old 12-02-2016, 07:29 PM
Imperial Majesty

Pictures:
Tusk Trust Awards-
http://harryandthecambridges.tumblr....ambridge-along

Nice picture of Mr. & Mrs. Middleton too.

A.W. TOZER
Old 12-07-2016, 06:44 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
The Duke of Cambridge was guest of honour at a charity event last night to celebrate the Giants Club, the conservation initiative backed by The Independent which works on the ground to protect Africa’s elephants and the landscapes they depend on.

The dinner, which was hosted by the Giants Club’s Patron, Evgeny Lebedev, at the Kensington Palace state apartments, saw Prince William join a crowd of philanthropists and influencers to celebrate Space for Giants’ achievements and discuss future goals.
Read more: Prince William attends event calling for action to save elephants | The Independent
Old 01-02-2017, 06:25 AM
Heir Apparent

Kensington Palace ‏@KensingtonRoyal
The Duke of Cambridge, President of @united4wildlife, has welcomed China's announcement to ban all ivory trade

The Duke said China's decision to ban its domestic ivory trade "could be a turning point in the race to save elephants from extinction."

HRH: "I congratulate the Chinese Government for following through on this important commitment. This battle can be won."

"We need all countries to step up to the plate & do their part to end the illegal wildlife trade & save these species before it's too late."

China announces ban on ivory trade by end of 2017 - BBC News
Old 01-02-2017, 06:49 AM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Fantastic news! I'm so happy that all the hard work United for Wildlife has put into getting the momentum going to put a stop to the ivory trade is bearing fruit and China is getting on board. WTG William and Ambassadors!
Old 01-02-2017, 07:47 AM
Imperial Majesty

Yes, well done indeed!

A.W. TOZER
Old 01-02-2017, 03:35 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Prince William has praised China’s decision to shut down its ivory trade by the end of the year describing it as a potential “turning point” in the battle to save elephants from extinction.

The Chinese government announced last week that it would phase out the selling and processing of ivory before the end of 2017.

The Duke of Cambridge, who has campaigned against the ivory trade for years, welcomed the news.
Read more: Prince William praises China over pledge to eradicate ivory trade by 2018 | London Evening Standard
Old 01-02-2017, 07:04 PM
Heir Apparent

Well, it is a turning point in China, if they are not just floating a PR lie.
Old 01-04-2017, 03:22 PM
Majesty

Prince William conservation organization announces honorees for Tusk Wildlife Gala 2017
Old 01-04-2017, 06:14 PM
Heir Apparent

The Tusk Venue is unique with a long history and interesting architecture: http://guastavinos.com/history/
and Virtual Tour | NYC Event Venue Tour | Guastavino's

I'd love to chat up the POW about what they have done with this space!