The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 09-29-2015, 10:22 PM
Imperial Majesty

Prince William Gets Political: The Royal's Anti-Illegal Wildlife Trade Campaign Is Backed by President Obama and Chinese Leader-
Prince William's Anti-Illegal Wildlife Trade Campaign Backed by President Obama : People.com

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 10-04-2015, 04:04 PM
Royal Highness

William has written another article (this time for the Financial Times) about poaching:

The illegal wildlife trade is the elephant in the room - FT.com

Very well written!

Old 10-04-2015, 04:15 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by hernameispekka View Post
William has written another article (this time for the Financial Times) about poaching:

The illegal wildlife trade is the elephant in the room - FT.com

Very well written!
What a wonderful article that clearly shows William's passion for this cause. I've been recently taken to task in another thread stating that I give far too much credit to William for getting President Obama and President Xi Jinping on board working for this global effort and this article has just made me stand firm behind my conviction even more.

Well done William!
“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Old 10-04-2015, 09:10 PM
Serene Highness

Excellent William! Well written and hopefully impactful
Old 10-06-2015, 12:48 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Prince William: How Would I Explain to My Kids if Rhinos and Elephants Went Extinct?

With the world facing myriad challenges, Prince William has explained why he is so passionate about helping wildlife.

The royal wrote an op-ed published Sunday in the U.K.'s Financial Times in which he asks how leaders can convince the public there are solutions to complex global threats, such as terrorism or climate change, if they can't begin by saving some of our planet's endangered animals. The piece comes alongside an investigation made by the paper highlighting the trade in animal parts in Africa.

As head of the United for Wildlife coalition, William, 33, has met with President Obama and President Xi Jinping of China in the last 12 months. Now, those leaders have agreed to act together in the fight.

"I cannot imagine what it would feel like if the last elephant or rhinoceros in the wild died – and I then had to explain to my children how we let it happen," writes the father of Prince George, 2, and Princess Charlotte, 5 months.
Read more: Prince William: How Would I Explain to My Kids if Elephants Went Extinct? : People.com

Video: VIDEO: Prince William Pens Heartfelt Op-Ed to End Illegal Wildlife Trade : Video : People.com
Old 10-06-2015, 01:05 PM
Majesty

Well done, William!

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 10-13-2015, 12:35 PM
Heir Apparent

Roya Nikkhah ‏@RoyaNikkhah
The Duke of Cambridge will give a speech on Chinese tv CCTV1 on October 19 on the urgent work needed to combat the illegal wildlife trade
Old 10-13-2015, 03:40 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
Roya Nikkhah ‏@RoyaNikkhah
The Duke of Cambridge will give a speech on Chinese tv CCTV1 on October 19 on the urgent work needed to combat the illegal wildlife trade
That's the day before the state visit right? Clever.
Old 10-17-2015, 07:35 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Prince William will pull off a major coup on Monday when he records a TV programme to be seen by 100 million Chinese people.

The Duke of Cambridge will speak to his biggest ever audience in a programme for Chinese state television highlighting the threat to endangered species posed by the trade in illegal wildlife products.

His stock has risen so much in China since his successful official visit there in March that he was given free rein to choose his own topic for discussion, and his own guests, for an edition of Let’s Talk, a one-hour current affairs show on CCTV1, China’s equivalent of BBC1.

In stark contrast to his father, who has repeatedly snubbed the Chinese to make a point about human rights abuses in Tibet, the Duke has decided that engagement with the Communist country is the best way to bring about change.
Read more: Popular prince to speak out against wildlife trade to an audience of 100m - Telegraph
Old 10-19-2015, 03:37 AM
Super Moderator

From BBC News this morning:

Prince William to give ivory trade speech as China's President Xi arrives - BBC News
Old 10-19-2015, 03:42 AM
Royal Highness

This sentence is interesting: he was given free rein to choose his own topic for discussion, and his own guests, for an edition of Let’s Talk, a one-hour current affairs show on CCTV1,

Is it true? To me it just sounded like he would give a normal speech. But will it be a 1 hour program? Or is he just a small part of it?
Old 10-19-2015, 08:33 AM
Heir Apparent

^^^ I'm not sure. I think its for just a part of the program. One of William's guests is Bear Grylls. KP will be providing updates.

Kensington Palace ‏@KensingtonRoyal
The Duke's speech will be filmed at the Maughan Library @KingsCollegeLon. Follow us @KensingtonRoyal for live updates from 4pm UK time!
Old 10-19-2015, 09:00 AM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
No matter how long the time slot is, I do really think William being allowed air time on Chinese TV is really a huge compliment to Wills and his work for United for Wildlife. Strong, diplomatic relationships have to start somewhere and China joining in United for Wildlife's efforts is a pretty good start in my book.
“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Old 10-19-2015, 09:08 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
No matter how long the time slot is, I do really think William being allowed air time on Chinese TV is really a huge compliment to Wills and his work for United for Wildlife. Strong, diplomatic relationships have to start somewhere and China joining in United for Wildlife's efforts is a pretty good start in my book.
Oh I agree! I totally agree!! I think this is a huge thing! A great seal of approval in diplomatic standards I would say. I mean... he's gonna talk about animal rights, on government funded state tv in CHINA! That's BIG!

I was mostly wondering out of curiousity :P
Old 10-19-2015, 12:23 PM
Heir Apparent

ITV News @itvnews
Watch live: Prince William gives a speech on the illegal wildlife trade

Prince William to give speech on ivory trade as Chinese President arrives in UK - ITV News
Old 10-19-2015, 12:37 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
ITV News @itvnews
Watch live: Prince William gives a speech on the illegal wildlife trade

Prince William to give speech on ivory trade as Chinese President arrives in UK - ITV News
Uhm... are they supposed to be just filming a curtain? :P
Old 10-19-2015, 12:48 PM
Heir Apparent

Yao Ming, Sir David Attenborough and Bear Grylls will be William's guests on CCTV1 Let's Talk programme
Old 10-19-2015, 12:50 PM
Royal Highness

Oh god. That speech was so good! Moving, touching, poignant and not condecending! What a great balance they managed to get in the speech! And a powerful delivery from Prince William. I am REALLY proud!
Old 10-19-2015, 01:14 PM
Heir Apparent

British Royals ‏@britishroyals
VIDEO: Prince William's brilliant SPEECH IN FULL appealing to end illegal #wildlifetrade

Old 10-19-2015, 01:21 PM
Imperial Majesty

Sky News ‏@SkyNews 26m26 minutes ago
Prince William: "My ancestors were among those who had little concern about acquiring ivory" but times have changed
https://twitter.com/SkyNews/status/656135144818896896

Kensington Palace ‏@KensingtonRoyal 12m12 minutes ago
The Duke's rejection of ivory "not a judgement of past generations" but "an acceptance of ...the world I want my children to inherit."

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS