Duke and Duchess of Cambridge: Official Visit to India - April 10-16, 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited:
Thank you! So they have a reception in the evening right?

I'm so pleased to hear that they met with Women's Rights Advocates in India. The current issues regarding women in India are sensitive matters, these women need protection and recognition! So nice of them to meet them and promote women's rights.

I agree and this is also an issue that Camilla has been championing at home in the UK and around the world.:)

kate seems like such an authentic person. i don't see a trace of 'kate the princess', but just kate in her most authentic state, when i watch those videos. she is unassuming, humble and genuinely seems to care about the people who she speaks to.

good sartorial choices in that she chose demure, leg covering dresses to visit conservative india.

wow - i am surprised about a couple of things:

i am surprised to see kate's staff themselves always carrying luggage around. i would have thought someone else did the unloading for them. maybe they just carried what they needed for the first day?

i also got surprised to see that kate's assistant, rebecca, has an assistant of her own, sophie. i wonder how tasks are delegated between them two... sophie is always seen on tour with the cambridges, so my guess is that she is a more junior assistant to kate, really?

Why would they want strangers handling the Royal luggage? It would be a security risk. Say Natasha is carrying a box with £10K of jewelry in it, it not leaving her sight. Remember Canada and the bomb sifting dogs with the luggage on the Tarmac in Calgary.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

i am surprised to see kate's staff themselves always carrying luggage around. i would have thought someone else did the unloading for them. maybe they just carried what they needed for the first day?

i also got surprised to see that kate's assistant, rebecca, has an assistant of her own, sophie. i wonder how tasks are delegated between them two... sophie is always seen on tour with the cambridges, so my guess is that she is a more junior assistant to kate, really?

I think the reason would be that this is a week long tour and a very hectic one at that. Even with the overloaded schedule that W&K have, their staff cannot work 24/7 and have hours off and I would imagine Rebecca and Sophie share the workload. To be personally responsible for a person and their belongings and whatever else is involved can be quite stressful and they need time to breathe.

Handling the royal couple's belongings themselves assure them that nothing is amiss and everything is in place. I also agree with the point that someone else handling the luggage can be a security risk. They probably check and double check to make sure they have everything.

This has been an amazing tour so far. William & Catherine not only appear to be enjoying themselves, but everyone has welcomed them with open arms. They are doing an amazing job.

I think the reason would be that this is a week long tour and a very hectic one at that. Even with the overloaded schedule that W&K have, their staff cannot work 24/7 and have hours off and I would imagine Rebecca and Sophie share the workload. To be personally responsible for a person and their belongings and whatever else is involved can be quite stressful and they need time to breathe.

Handling the royal couple's belongings themselves assure them that nothing is amiss and everything is in place. I also agree with the point that someone else handling the luggage can be a security risk. They probably check and double check to make sure they have everything.

Rebecca and Miguel are with William and Kate while they are doing their engagements. So they aren't lugging the bags behind the scenes. The pictures show that most of what they where carrying was William's. There is a W on the suit bag that Sophie is carrying.

as much as I too dislike sugary article to cover "misfits" of the couple, i fail to see what W&K has to do with the past. It's not their fault, and the colonial history can't be undone. If they want to report on something crical or negative that the press has witnessed or that has happened fine, but this topic seems to pop up whenever there is aroyal tour in former colonial countries. JMO

as much as I too dislike sugary article to cover "misfits" of the couple, i fail to see what W&K has to do with the past. It's not their fault, and the colonial history can't be undone. If they want to report on something crical or negative that the press has witnessed or that has happened fine, but this topic seems to pop up whenever there is aroyal tour in former colonial countries. JMO
I agree. It's not their fault and they can't do anything about it!

They are going to a sweet scarf collection after this trip.

I agree. It's not their fault and they can't do anything about it!

I'm not saying I don't understand them though, as their suffered past can't be ignore and still bear the consequences, but I think the press should vent out their anger for the imperial times in other contenxts

I'm not saying I don't understand them though, as their suffered past can't be ignore and still bear the consequences, but I think the press should vent out their anger for the imperial times in other contenxts
Yes, ofc I can understand it. But it's like when Crown Princess Victoria was with a holocaust survivor and a reporter asked her about her nazi grandfather. It's just not something she can do anything about and shouldn't have to answer for.

They do look like they are having a great time.

LaRae

Is the UK press or the Indian press writing these stories.? We know the UK press has an axe to grind with the Cambridges.

Is the UK press or the Indian press writing these stories.? We know the UK press has an axe to grind with the Cambridges.

I think this time was the indian press, but my post was a general comment. The history usually surfaces on every tour (USA, Asia, Africa), so that's not a surprise.

Rebecca English tweeted that some of the press pack (not all) went on the royal plane to
I'm assuming they did the usual thing and selected press pool reps. Did anyone read anything about who went to Kaziranga?

https://twitter.com/RE_DailyMail/status/720075482658525184

Most of the press went ahead of the couple to the national park area when they were still in New Dehli yesterday morning. There is bunch of shots on Twitter of various press at the airport, on tour buses. If any press flew with the Cambridges on the govt plane, it would have been the people who coverage the am Dehli events. From her tweets, Rebecca English was there for them leaving on the safari and then moved to the village that they went to afterwards. The safari press would have been mostly camera people/ photographer instead of reporters.

From Press Tweets: as they were checking into the hotel, noticeable earthquake startled the press corp.
I don't know if The Duke and Duchess had yet landed, but it did make me wonder what others in the royal family had experienced noticeable tremblers. Probably Harry while in Afghanistan.

:ohmy::previous: Ah yes one's first noticeable earthquake will live on in most people's minds for the rest of their lives. I've had to deliver safety instructions and comfort more than one terrified person during my lifetime in California.

On day three of their official tour of India, The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge met with a group of Indian women to hear about a range of issues affecting women and girls in the country.

The meeting was convened at the personal request of The Duke who wanted an opportunity to hear directly from women working to support other women and girls. He also wanted to get a sense of work being done to help young women to achieve their full potential and for men to become more supportive of the women and girls in their lives.

I think this is exceedingly important and it's especially nice to hear that William was the one who requested the meeting to show men that women's rights are not only a "Women's issue".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom