The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 04-11-2016, 04:45 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Kate's cool in cream: Duchess of Cambridge picks £1,100 dress by one of her favourite designers as she and William face 38C heat on second day of India tour | Daily Mail Online

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roslyn View Post
The reception was in Mumbai, the centre of Bollywood, where the Bollywood studios are located. Though Indian films might be seen as a peripheral novelty to many Western filmgoers, the Bollywood film industry is classified as the biggest movie industry in the world in terms of amount of people employed and number of films produced. William knew he was going to meet these famous actors, and I consider that he ought to have made a point of viewing a few of the classic and modern Bollywood films before he went to their city and met with the actors and other movie industry figures and I think it was arrogant and insulting of him to not have made the effort. Even one would be better than none. But this is the President of BAFTA who does not go to BAFTA functions even when they are held in the palace in which he has one of his homes, so I suppose we should not be surprised.

This!
How can you meet a legend of the genre (SRK) and tell him you've never watched a movie with him. To me it's arrogance, laziness, being unprepared, not really being interested in the people you are privileged enough to meet.

Old 04-11-2016, 05:40 AM
Heir Apparent

I don't think it would have hurt William (or Kate) to have seen a couple of Bollywood films released in 2015. William knew he was going to be mingling with actors and actresses from the Indian film industry. It may well have harnessed some extra good will.

Old 04-11-2016, 06:25 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge: Visit to India - April 10-16, 2016

The couple have just touched down in New Dehli.

This is cute;
https://twitter.com/kensingtonroyal/...51415475695617
Old 04-11-2016, 06:47 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
The couple have just touched down in New Dehli.

This is cute;
https://twitter.com/kensingtonroyal/...51415475695617
That's actually a lovely story. I'm so glad the gentleman got to meet William and Kate last night. It must have been a huge thrill for him. But did you notice his surname? Yikes! It's probably a good thing she wasn't wearing any diamonds.
Old 04-11-2016, 07:44 AM
Heir Apparent

Wall to wall coverage. Too many articles to post but I'll do my best.

William shows off cooking skills during visit to Mumbai business centre - BT

Prince William, Wife Kate Meet Young Entrepreneurs in India - ABC News

The Duke & Duchess of Cambridge begin their seven-day tour of India & Bhutan, in pictures - News

Duke and Duchess of Cambridge honour India's war dead - BBC News

William and Catherine met this man. He said 'Give my love to the Queen and to George and Charlotte'

Old 04-11-2016, 08:39 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Prince William to sample one of world's hottest chillies in India | Daily Mail Online
Old 04-11-2016, 08:49 AM
Heir Apparent

Have there been Airport photos? The DM reports they are getting about the two countries with use of a private jet. Any pictures of that, or are they skipping the airport arrival ceremonies this trip?
I'm also not seeing pics of the AM in Mumbai? Ah found them buried in the badly written DM article. Odd that they mention all the confetti with no pictures of it?
Old 04-11-2016, 09:31 AM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

KP on overdrive for good publicity - but it was nice to see they met with the 93year old man in Mumbai. As many have said William and Kate on tour are a magic combination and they shine but then they are at hoe something just doesn't click as much

Old 04-11-2016, 09:33 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmirerUS View Post
Have there been Airport photos? The DM reports they are getting about the two countries with use of a private jet. Any pictures of that, or are they skipping the airport arrival ceremonies this trip?
I'm also not seeing pics of the AM in Mumbai? Ah found them buried in the badly written DM article. Odd that they mention all the confetti with no pictures of it?
I'm not sure about the matter, but it was told that W&K arrived on a shceduled flight yesterday morning in Mumbai. The flight was not private, but was a standard public flight of the British Airways, hence, no pictures for obvious reasons. Today's flight looked indeed like a private jet trip since only KP posted a picture form the wind of the aircraft on their twitter page.
Old 04-11-2016, 09:36 AM
Heir Apparent

William did a private investiture this morning. No pics but we may discover who it was in the CC
Old 04-11-2016, 09:59 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty91charmed View Post
I'm not sure about the matter, but it was told that W&K arrived on a shceduled flight yesterday morning in Mumbai. The flight was not private, but was a standard public flight of the British Airways, hence, no pictures for obvious reasons. Today's flight looked indeed like a private jet trip since only KP posted a picture form the wind of the aircraft on their twitter page.

Usually incountry flights are on a government plane. They fly to/from UK on scheduled flights other than when Canada came and picked them up.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Old 04-11-2016, 10:04 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippyboo View Post
Usually incountry flights are on a government plane. They fly to/from UK on scheduled flights other than when Canada came and picked them up.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
In fact, I said I was not sure about today' flight.
Old 04-11-2016, 10:13 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
William did a private investiture this morning. No pics but we may discover who it was in the CC
Yeah, it was something he and Catherine attended but I thought we would get pictures of it.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 04-11-2016, 10:29 AM
Heir Apparant
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Week Team Member

Two photogalleries from "Paris Match"

Kate et William : après le cricket, le football
Kate, star d’un soir Ã* Bollywood
Old 04-11-2016, 11:21 AM
Commoner

Kate Middleton wears Indian inspired wardrobe for Royal Tour
Old 04-11-2016, 11:22 AM
Heir Apparent

HuffPostUK Pictures ‏@HuffPostUKPics
William and Kate attend a Garden party celebrating the Queen's 90th birthday in New Delhi

PICTURES: The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge India Tour Day 2
Old 04-11-2016, 11:22 AM
Commoner

Duchess Kate Middleton Adorably Refuses to Eat Prince William's Indian Cooking: Get All the Details :) - Duchess Kate Middleton Refuses to Eat Prince William's Indian Cooking - Us Weekly
Old 04-11-2016, 12:37 PM
Majesty

william and specially kate are looking very tired during this visit. understandably, i feel for them. i guess showing up a few days earlier, given all the media excitement, is not an option for high ranking royals.

i am not the biggest fan of her white dress, although it is a perfectly nice choice - it's just that kate is always an amazing dresser, so we feel a bit short changed with this one... :)

particularly bad is that none of her field staff warned her of the high winds. not a good pairing with that skirt! i read that for this tour her staff traveled to all the places and even took pictures so that they could choose colours for her clothes that suited the scenery - shame that a detail as the potential for wind was not thought about. a wreath laying ceremony is a serious formal affair, and having kate's skirt flying about or having to hold her skirt awkwardly as she was standing in front of the memorial doesn't look right.

i feel for them having to brave the heat - it must be exhausting, particularly paired with the jet lag.

i wish she would have gone easier on the make up, particularly during the day - to me it looks too heavy. kate is such a beautiful lady, she doesn't need a huge cast of make up to look her best.
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 04-11-2016, 12:49 PM
Imperial Majesty

Videos:
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge continue their tour of India meeting young entrepreneurs in Mumbai before travelling to the Indian capital. Prince William and Kate Middleton played cricket with Cricket legend Sachin Tendulkar yesterday after laying a wreath at the Taj Mahal Palace Hotel in honour of the victims of the Mumbai Terror attacks in 2008-

Home - ITNSource News

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge began their maiden trip to India in a sombre mood as they paid tribute to victims of the 2008 Mumbai attacks. Laying a wreath of white lilies on a candle-lit memorial to the 32 staff and guests who perished at the Taj Mahal Palace hotel.A message with the floral tribute read: "In memory of those who lost their lives and those injured in the senseless atrocities at the Taj Mahal Palace Hotel. William, Catherine."
Home - ITNSource News

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS