The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 11-13-2015, 03:50 PM
Aristocracy

George accompanied his parents to New Zealand and Australia because at the time of his visit, he was in line to one day be the King of these countries. A lot can happen in 50+ years, but still George will never be the Emperor of India, so there is no reason to take two small children on this tour.

Old 11-13-2015, 06:37 PM
Heir Apparent

This is absolutley grat news! According to the BBC the children won't get along with their parents, maybe due to high temepratures... I think it will be a good decision to leave them at home.... I also want to see how they will manage without good op with kids.

Accordin to Niraj Tanna the visit is set to take place in April and will also include Bhutan as well as India.

Old 11-13-2015, 08:07 PM
Heir Presumptive

Bringing the kids does not mean they will be paraded for the world to see. I ts just that people I know wouldn't be to keen on leaving their very young children for that long; and the babies could stay inside away from cameras while WnK work.
Jaqueline Bouvier Kennedy, September 12, 1953
Countess Stephanie of Belgium October 20, 2012
Old 11-13-2015, 08:48 PM
Heir Apparent

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge will visit India in the spring of 2016

But W&K are probably hopping around the country not staying in a secured govt house like they did in Australia and NZ. The kids would need security, additional cars, rooms, travel costs. That's more taxpayers money. The tour is probably 2 week at the maximum. Without the kids, more time for events since they won't be traveling back and to forth to the base like they did in Aus/NZ. William in a week in Japan and China probably did more events than WK three weeks down under.

William and Kate can Skype back home with Nanny Maria and the kids.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Old 02-07-2016, 06:22 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Prince William and Kate Middleton 'WILL visit the Taj Mahal' when visiting India | Daily Mail Online
Old 02-07-2016, 06:53 AM
Heir Apparent

As do zillions of tourists... Zzzz Zzzz Zzzz
Old 02-07-2016, 10:08 AM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
We know what any pictures of them taken in front of the Taj Mahal will generate and I don't need a crystal ball on this one.

Nevertheless, I do hope we get a beautiful picture of the two of them happily beaming at each other in front of this majestic building.
“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Old 02-07-2016, 10:17 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
We know what any pictures of them taken in front of the Taj Mahal will generate and I don't need a crystal ball on this one.

Nevertheless, I do hope we get a beautiful picture of the two of them happily beaming at each other in front of this majestic building.

Not this time I hope and for the exact same reasons you're thinking. I can see the articles...Cambridges Visit Iconic Temple to Love Where The Crisis of His Parents Marriage First Became Public...complete w/comparison pictures of them and then Diana.

Thank you, but no!! Maybe for Visit Number Two, but not this time. At least I hope.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app
Old 02-07-2016, 10:19 AM
Imperial Majesty

Well, the very idea that William & Catherine will be visiting the Taj Mahal is enough to bring a tear to my eye, because it's not only a beautiful place, but that this couple want to do this the right way.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 02-07-2016, 11:10 AM
Heir Apparent

Just brace yourself for the inevitable comparisons to his parents visit. Ugh.

LaRae
Old 02-07-2016, 11:35 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post

LaRae
Well, this couple will go to the same places his parents went to. That's just the reality. Members of the royal family will visit the Taj Mahal. The comparisons will be there regardless. Folks just have to get used to it.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 02-07-2016, 11:43 AM
Heir Apparent

You had the same sort of comparison when they took baby George to NZ & Aus. They even went to Uluru like Charles and Diana. The Cambridges have never been to India.

Going to the Taj Mahal is one of those iconic places, like the Eiffel Tower in Paris, Pyramids in Egypt, Opera House in Sidney etc. Almost every where they go and previous Royal has been there before.

Old 02-07-2016, 12:00 PM
Heir Apparent

I think they are damned if they do and damned if they don't.
On one hand, a stop at the Taj Mahal is undoubtedly a tourist's delight and a visit from the Cambridges will help tourism in the area.
But William's parents' marital baggage will be trotted out by the press - and I'm dreading that.
And while the romantic tale seems wonderful, the site also is symbolic of the Hindu slavery of the time. Not that slavery was uncommon in the 1600s. Just that no romance tale on that scale is entirely dreamy. There is always an ugly underbelly.
It will be interesting to see how they balance this stop with others on the day and overall in their visit as there are many important stops one could make in India.. And where they pose for photos will be fascinating. And I am sure it's already been discussed/decided.
Old 02-07-2016, 12:00 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippyboo View Post
You had the same sort of comparison when they took baby George to NZ & Aus. They even went to Uluru like Charles and Diana. The Cambridges have never been to India.

Going to the Taj Mahal is one of those iconic places, like the Eiffel Tower in Paris, Pyramids in Egypt, Opera House in Sidney etc. Almost every where they go and previous Royal has been there before.

Right, it's just inevitable that the Cambridge's would visit India and go to the Taj Mahal.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 02-07-2016, 12:42 PM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Why is it a problem? We'll see a happy couple instead of a lonely woman. I guess Will & Kate will visit a lot of places where Charles & Di went, probably South Korea too.
Old 02-07-2016, 12:44 PM
Heir Apparent

The visit is on behalf of HM's government, so there is that interest, the royals' interest and also the Indian government's own interests.

It was the same when the Cambridges came to Canada in 2011. The Canadian government wanted them to do certain things and visit certain places.

A visit to India without a stop at the Taj seems almost impossible to me
Old 02-07-2016, 01:56 PM
Majesty

I'm think that if they do pose in front of the Taj Mahal, the references will be made to Will's parent's unhappy marriage. If they choose not to pose in front of the Taj Mahal, the references to Will's parent's unhappy marriage will be trotted out anyways notating that they "chose" to avoid this photo op for whatever silly reason the folks at places like the Fail care to dream up.

W&K should do whatever is comfortable for them and ignore anything that comes out of it.
“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Old 02-07-2016, 02:25 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post

LaRae
It’s already happening at The Sunday Express.

"William to breathe oxygen just as Diana did. He will use two lungs like Diana.”- Exclusive by Camilla Tominey

Prince William to visit Taj Mahal in Diana's footsteps | Royal | News | Daily Express
Old 02-07-2016, 02:40 PM
Majesty

That headline cracks me up. Sums it up nicely too.
― John Lennon
Old 02-07-2016, 02:47 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
Why is it a problem? We'll see a happy couple instead of a lonely woman. I guess Will & Kate will visit a lot of places where Charles & Di went, probably South Korea too.
We will see how the photo gets represented. The problem is that any photo we get of them gets sliced, diced and otherwise analyzed for secret meaning. One or the other of them will be accused of being bored, indifferent, secretly angry, guilty, obsessed, negative, fake, or whatever. Evidence - the reaction to most official couple and family photos that they have released.
The problem is that it takes the focus off the good stuff they do. JMO.
I'm also really over the poor, pitiful Diana story. It adds almost nothing to any discussion and is such a rehash. I've moved on.