The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 04-16-2016, 09:01 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmirerUS View Post
Well as a person raised as a Catholic, people that had less than I did was a really early lesson. The family is about service. I think there are ways to work the theme of service, youth, helping others, etc. into what they say to the kids. Along the lines of "Those baby animals have no mommy - so we help them."
I don't thing (JMO) you don't wait until children are 9 or 12 or 16 to start them on ethical issues. You pick and choose, edit and reveal, depending on age.
But I also think they will discuss the beautiful mountains, the many people, the colors, the lifegiving water, there are lots of positive things they can show the kids though photos, while starting the little minds to wander.

George is 3 much too young for long discussions.let him have these few precious years without getting him prepared for royal life etc animals would be all he would understand and that's all he needs now. They are much much too young to take on the cares of the world. And it has nothing to do with being catholic or not.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Old 04-16-2016, 09:18 PM
Heir Apparent

I guarantee they'll have engagements in May. They just arrived back in the UK and the negative nellies are already out and about.

I think 2016 will be one of their busier years. I hope rumours of a visit to Canada come through

Old 04-16-2016, 09:23 PM
Imperial Majesty

Actually, I think it's beautiful that we've seen this much of William and Catherine. It's one of the reasons why I love when these official tours come about. Back at home in the UK, we don't see this much of them and on joint engagements as well.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 04-16-2016, 09:34 PM
Heir Apparent

The Express's view of how the Cambridges' tour went.

On tour in Bhutan India with Prince William and Kate Middleton | Royal | News | Daily Express
Old 04-16-2016, 09:38 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanyT View Post
Agreed. Unfortunately, they have a tendency to disappear for weeks after major tours like this.
Let's be fair. Anne went to the Falklands and rested up for wk when she returned, and C&C did the Balkans nd haven't done anything to spk of for a fortnight. They all take time off, esp those with other responsibilities be they children or grandchildren. Wessexes have done nothing for a fortnight because of Easter and school holidays. The Cambridges are no different.

Just saying they are no different from the rest.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 04-16-2016, 09:49 PM
Heir Apparent

Well I've said this before, if the press don't like covering the Cambridges, they can do what they do with Charles and Camilla and not cover them at all.

Charles and Camilla went to the Balkans for five days in March and one PA reporter went along. No one from the networks or daily newspapers covered it.

What's cool though is William and Catherine take up the entire front page of the Sunday Express (Camilla Tominey's paper) so she can't have too many complaints
Old 04-16-2016, 10:03 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
Let's be fair. Anne went to the Falklands and rested up for wk when she returned, and C&C did the Balkans nd haven't done anything to spk of for a fortnight. They all take time off, esp those with other responsibilities be they children or grandchildren. Wessexes have done nothing for a fortnight because of Easter and school holidays. The Cambridges are no different.

Just saying they are no different from the rest.
I understand a week or two to rest up. But historically the Cambridges have taken way more time than that off. After the AU/NZ tour, their next engagement was a month later. I hope they don't squander the good PR of the tour by disappearing until June.
Old 04-16-2016, 10:56 PM
Imperial Majesty

The Cambridge's will not disappear until June.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post
I think the tour went very well, but I do understand that some others and some members of the media want a bit more substance from the Cambridge's on their tours.

As for Catherine giving speeches on the tours, she did twice, but I'm not sure when she will do it again. I'm sure she will conduct a solo visit in the near future and give some speeches. We really don't hear from the spouses on official tours much.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 04-16-2016, 11:54 PM
Heir Apparent

how wonderful that they appeared at the taj. good for wiliam, he is calling the shots
Old 04-17-2016, 12:17 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
The Cambridge's will not disappear until June.
There are no real events for the queen until June. She has a few engagements this month for her birthday but only POW and Camilla, and Philip, are to join her. There is a private dinner at the palace, so if we get photos of the couple, it will be them in the car arriving. May there are some horse events, but the queen herself is only scheduled to attend one day. There is nothing on the calendar for these two. And I can see William saying he needs to fill his air ambulance hours to make up for the time he missed for India, in May. He will also need time away in June when the bigger events for the birthday are.
Old 04-17-2016, 12:23 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
Actually, when I think of the Taj Mahal, I think of it as a monument not only to love, but also to loss. To me, the picture of Diana sitting there with a wistful look was striking as it portrayed her own sense of loss of a love (although at the time we didn't know they'd eventually divorce). Will & Kate together there, to me, have their own special, loving relationship and perhaps this monument served to remind them that love is never to be taken for granted and to make the most of each moment they have to share with each other.

All in all, the trip was a spectacular success but a hectic one. They'll probably breathe so much easier once they're reunited with their kids and get to sleep in their own bed and perhaps have a few days to just unwind. Sometimes the best part of a trip is coming home.
Really lovely post. Nothing should be taken for granted.
Old 04-17-2016, 12:31 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
There are no real events for the queen until June. She has a few engagements this month for her birthday but only POW and Camilla, and Philip, are to join her. There is a private dinner at the palace, so if we get photos of the couple, it will be them in the car arriving. May there are some horse events, but the queen herself is only scheduled to attend one day. There is nothing on the calendar for these two. And I can see William saying he needs to fill his air ambulance hours to make up for the time he missed for India, in May. He will also need time away in June when the bigger events for the birthday are.
I'm sure some engagements will come up, but they won't disappear until June. Their press team was with them in India, so I'm sure some meetings will be held and some diaries will be arranged.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 04-17-2016, 12:57 AM
Heir Apparent

Any meetings they have will be private as always, and not counted as engagements. Its not something we will see them for.
Old 04-17-2016, 01:18 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
Any meetings they have will be private as always, and not counted as engagements. Its not something we will see them for.
Yes, I know, but I'm saying that I'm sure they will schedule some engagements with ther PS's and conducts some official engagements. It takes work to put together an official diary and official engagements.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 04-17-2016, 01:43 AM
Heir Apparent

All the more reason they will likely not take on engagements until June. As it is almost May as it is. If they planned on doing any engagements in the weeks after they returned, they could have easily been planned before they left for India.
Old 04-17-2016, 02:19 AM
Imperial Majesty

William and Catherine have landed back home in the UK.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 04-17-2016, 02:38 AM
Royal Highness

This has been a superb trip, and I hope as Rudolph that the rumours of a visit to Canada are true.

Kate have has been on many UK front pages through this visit, and here are today's royal front pages:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CgMRenjXIAA84-0.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CgMU2CKXIAAbBmw.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CgMQDZjWwAAhadJ.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CgMOe3GWsAA8uU8.jpg
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
Isn't there a dinner planned at Windsor for all the family to attend on the Queen's actual birthday April 21st or is that dinner planned for June?
The private birthday dinner at Windsor is on April 21 and the whole family will be there.
Old 04-17-2016, 03:42 AM
Heir Apparent

One of the Royal correspondents was bemoaning the postponement of the Spanish State visit in May as it's left a bit of a gap for royal- watchers.
Old 04-17-2016, 03:55 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

They've landed back and are on their way to Buckleberry.
Old 04-17-2016, 04:38 AM
Heir Apparent

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge: Visit to India - April 10-16, 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post
One of the Royal correspondents was bemoaning the postponement of the Spanish State visit in May as it's left a bit of a gap for royal- watchers.

The Spanish state visit to the UK was going to be in March 8-10 not in May. Whatever engagements planned for May would have been done so many months before. They just usual announce them around 2 weeks in advance but sometimes they don't.

Regarding the Express article, it the UK govt with the invitation of the Indian govt who decided to for the Cambridges to go to India. There is also a extremely high terror alert in the world today. Splitting the Cambridges up would have increased the security costs. William really only had 3 short speeches. Kate isn't doing the speech for her husband's granny 90th at the garden party with William there.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community