The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge: Royal Honeymoon Poll

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Where will William & Kate go for their honeymoon?

• Jordan

Votes: 8 9.0%
  • Romania

Votes: 4 4.5%
  • A Caribbean island owned by Richard Branson

Votes: 24 27.0%
  • We will never know!

Votes: 9 10.1%
  • None of the Above

Votes: 44 49.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Zonk

Administrator
City
Somewhere in
Country
United States
Following their marriage, William & Catherine are scheduled to spend their wedding night at Buckingham Palace before leaving for their honeymoon.

We have included a poll in this thread, so please vote and let us know what you think! If the couple has a photocall during the Honeymoon, this will be discussed here as well.

Thanks and Happy Posting!

Warren, wbenson & Zonk
British Forums Moderator

Last edited:
Based on Catherine's recent purchases, I am thinking that they are going somewhere warm and sunny. So I am going to go with a private island owned by Richard Branson. That way they can have their privacy.

That's an interesting point!But I hope ,later they will reveal it.I've thought about Corfu as well

That's an interesting point!But I hope ,later they will reveal it.I've thought about Corfu as well

Corfu is wonderful as is Crete I was there about two years ago the only place I like better then Greece is Sicily.. but Im not sure if I think they would go there.. Turkey is something to behold too.. whole other way of life. breath taking

Last edited:
I thought it was going to be Jordan and they were set to meet the King and Queen, there was an article 'confirming' this on another thread (I use the word confirming lately bc as we know nothing is true until officially confirmed)

I read something about that as well, but Im not sure it was confirmed. I also read that William was not telling Kate where they are going and it is surprise..

I think it'll be in the islands. I would be surprised of they spend it in Romania or Jordan.

My husband read an article today saying the Middletons are paying for honeymoon

maybe Chili (Patagonia) because they went separatly for their gap year. It will be fun if William thought to return together and meet people they both met 10 years ago and visit about the country. Remember when the president of Chili came to London after the miners rescue, if invited members of the royal family to visit his country. What do you think of my idea?

Most likely I would say is an island, they would want as less publicity & attraction they can get & it is a way to get away from the press and all the fuss. If they do go to a city it would be hard to blend in & easy for the press to surround your every move, not ideal for a honeymoon.
Secondly, her recently purchases are the choices one would pick up for an island gateway destination.

Can I ask where Romania came from? I think Africa/the Carribean are most likely, although I have a feeling the security will be so high that any media coverage will be hushed up and we may never know

Corfu is wonderful as is Crete I was there about two years ago the only place I like better then Greece is Sicily.. but Im not sure if I think they would go there.. Turkey is something to behold too.. whole other way of life. breath taking

Corfu would be an interesting place for them to visit considering that 90 years ago on June 10th Philip was born there.

Most likely I would say is an island, they would want as less publicity & attraction they can get & it is a way to get away from the press and all the fuss. If they do go to a city it would be hard to blend in & easy for the press to surround your every move, not ideal for a honeymoon.
Secondly, her recently purchases are the choices one would pick up for an island gateway destination.

They look simply like summer dresses to me - surely people in Britain are expecting some weather during the upcoming summer where she could wear these sorts of things. I know that many Aussies laugh when they see things like 'heatwave' at 22 degrees celsius (a lovely winter's day here) but... they do sometimes get hot enough to wear summer dresses.

They look simply like summer dresses to me - surely people in Britain are expecting some weather during the upcoming summer where she could wear these sorts of things. I know that many Aussies laugh when they see things like 'heatwave' at 22 degrees celsius (a lovely winter's day here) but... they do sometimes get hot enough to wear summer dresses.

Same here! 22 ºC is nothing for us and definitely not our definition of a "warm day"

Can I ask where Romania came from? I think Africa/the Carribean are most likely, although I have a feeling the security will be so high that any media coverage will be hushed up and we may never know

Prince Charles owns properties in Transilvania (at Viscri and Zalanpatak-the administarators of these estates, Count and Countess Kalnoky are invited to the wedding) so it is a possibility! The properties are situated in remote areas, no airports no highways nearby, so they could enjoy some privacy.

But of course, if they want real privacy, they should go to a privately owned island!

Prince Charles owns properties in Transilvania (at Viscri and Zalanpatak-the administarators of these estates, Count and Countess Kalnoky are invited to the wedding) so it is a possibility! The properties are situated in remote areas, no airports no highways nearby, so they could enjoy some privacy.

But of course, if they want real privacy, they should go to a privately owned island!

So long as it had an exclusion zone that prevented long range photography. Otherwise they really won't be able to avoid the press.

The best option to me is to have a short photocall on the day after the wedding and promise another when they return from the honeymoon if no press photographers attempt to take any of them while they are away and then stick to it - so that if any photo appears in any press format they refuse to do the second one. That way the press will get the message - play ball and you will get some photos but annoy us and we won't assist you.

Really I think they should do like Daniel and Victoria- one quick picture and interview then maybe the press won't bother them.....I would bet good money that barring an official announcement it'll be awhile before we actually figure out where they went.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if it turns out to be the private island. Not only for their privacy and relaxation, but also many less problems with security issues.

I do think we will probably know after the fact.

Will and Kate consider Australian honeymoon

...And the Lizard Island national park is tipped as the most likely destination, the paper says, describing it as "the jewel in the crown of a breathtaking chain of islands in the Coral Sea off the coast of Queensland"...

Read more: Prince William Kate Middleton honeymoon

Will and Kate consider Australian honeymoon

...And the Lizard Island national park is tipped as the most likely destination, the paper says, describing it as "the jewel in the crown of a breathtaking chain of islands in the Coral Sea off the coast of Queensland"...

Read more: Prince William Kate Middleton honeymoon

For anyone who wants to see what Lizard Island is like: Great Barrier Reef Resort | Lizard Island | Official Site

This idea was rumoured when William was here for look that flood devastation and the press reported that it would be a boost for Qld as it attempts to rebuild from the floods.

For anyone who wants to see what Lizard Island is like: Great Barrier Reef Resort | Lizard Island | Official Site

This idea was rumoured when William was here for look that flood devastation and the press reported that it would be a boost for Qld as it attempts to rebuild from the floods.

Thanks for the link, looks like a very nice place& quite quiet.
As reports have mentioned Kate had stocked up on some swimwear/bikinis, it is a likely choice they will beheading to an island but then again who knows, every hotel has a pool.

Checked availability. Last week of May is unavailable. Maybe they will go to Africa first.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom