The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge: Royal Honeymoon Poll

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Where will William & Kate go for their honeymoon?

• Jordan

Votes: 8 9.0%
  • Romania

Votes: 4 4.5%
  • A Caribbean island owned by Richard Branson

Votes: 24 27.0%
  • We will never know!

Votes: 9 10.1%
  • None of the Above

Votes: 44 49.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Thanks for calling my opinion, codswallop, that was really nice of you.
They aren't anyone else, they are royalty. End of.

Not just because they are living off the radar for however long, but simple because they are royal. It's part of their life, deal with it.

Did you even read what I wrote? I doubt it. This is not what he was born into and what she married into - this sort of tabloid press was induced in the 1980s and I doubt whether they want that for themselves. If so, good for them and in the end I think all the better.

And second, I don't have to deal with anything, I just totally disagree with you on this and that's what I said. That is that, end of. It sounded like you were putting me in my place and I don't have to be put in any place, thank you.

Last edited:
Did you even read what I wrote? I doubt it. This is not what he was born into and what she married into - this sort of tabloid press was induced in the 1980s and I doubt whether they want that for themselves.

And second, I don't have to deal with anything, I just totally disagree with you on this and that's what I said. That is that, end of. It sounded like you were putting me in my place and I don't have to be put in any place, thank you.

Yes I did read it thank you.
I wasn't meaning you deal with it, I was meaning William and Kate should deal with the press. :)

Lumutqueen said:
Shame on nobody, they're royalty. They sell papers, even blurry photos of possible them sell papers. It's the life William was born into and the life Catherine married into. They'll have enough time being "normal" people for the next two years in Wales.

I totally agree.
People make it seem like they are so fragile! Oh they should be normal...they shouldn't get photographed while honeymooning. I think that's a pile of bull! They are royals for gods sake. They know what they're into. If Will has a problem with being photographed like that then he should renounce his title. If Kate has a problem with it she needs to marry an average Joe.

I'm tired of people treating them like they're babies...they are grown adults. They can handle it. They don't need anyone to fight their battles.

Last edited:
Yes I did read it thank you.
I wasn't meaning you deal with it, I was meaning William and Kate should deal with the press. :)

I see, well I still think they deserve an amount of privacy. Being a royal does not mean you may not be displeased when you have a camera aimed at your face every time. Just my opinion, let's agree to disagree.

Originally Posted by Lumutqueen

Shame on nobody, they're royalty. They sell papers, even blurry photos of possible them sell papers. It's the life William was born into and the life Catherine married into. They'll have enough time being "normal" people for the next two years in Wales.

I totally agree.
People make it seem like they are so fragile! Oh they should be normal...they shouldn't get photographed while honeymooning. I think that's a pile of bull! They are royals for gods sake. They know what they're into. If Will has a problem with being photographed like that then he should renounce his title. If Kate has a problem with it she needs to marry an average Joe.

I'm tired of people treating them like they're babies...they are grown adults. They can handle it. They don't need anyone to fight their battles.

Well according to this logic nothing should be off limits...wouldn't it be fascinating to know which side of the bed they sleep on with an accompanying photo? How about which shoe does William put on first, his left or his right one? Which hand does Catherine use to brush her hair? Now wouldn't that be an interesting photograph? Even better which ear do they hold the telephone up to and video to prove it?

Sound silly right...of course and that is the point. It's not about privacy. What does a photo of walking on the sand, of a beach, on an island, during their honeymoon have to do with royalty?! Is that some how regal now that they've done it and should be shared with the world? Please! How important is a photograph or the accompanying articles of Catherine shopping for groceries to cook a dinner have to do with her being married to William and his role as second in line of succession? Privacy is not the issue...being the subject of inane tactics to increase sales of periodicals is...IMHO. (Especially when there's no commissions involved :D)

I see, well I still think they deserve an amount of privacy. Being a royal does not mean you may not be displeased when you have a camera aimed at your face every time. Just my opinion, let's agree to disagree.

It really used to be that the monarchy was respected by one and all. Since the 1980s it seems like the tabloid has thrown all respect out the window and its anything goes. Fodder like the Charlie Sheen types do nothing but fan the flames and unfortunately, the royals get caught up in it. Yes, they were born (or married) into royalty and as such are on public display and have interested followers. Like everyone else on the planet, they're entitled to their own private downtime without any intrusions. Respect for personal privacy is the real issue here and I really wish the laws were more stringent on these photo snapping idiots that don't have any kind of respect for their trade.

Frankly, I think some people are missing the point or choosing not to see it.

Just because you are a public figure it doesnt mean you aren't entitled to some "off" or private time. Even animals in the zoo are allowed time to themselves.

The hypocrisy comes when you don't set the appropriate boundaries or they are not respected IMO. Its one thing to call for privacy when you are seeking attention or publicity and than you are mad when you can't turn it on or off at whim. A bit of trying to put the genie back into the bottle. There are tons of celebrities who manage to have private lives that no one knows anything about.

Unfortunately for the BRF, the English tabloids are just rentless in their pursuit of a story. In this instance, information and pictures of the honeymoon. And if you don't have the facts, well, it might be okay to embellish a bit.

Now when William and Kate are doing their public duties (you expect to be photographed) than when you are just going on about your day (or are on your honeymooon) and you are being stalked for photographs. Now we all like a candid shot, but sometimes its a bit too much.

Last edited:
As Prince Philip mentioned in the interview, the Royal Yacht should have
never been taken out of service. All Royal Couples would take their
honeymoon on it, and there was no row over costs or privacy.

So who is the one to establish the boundaries? You, me the NOTW editor?
Some mentalities are the reason why paparazzi run after cars to get a good picture and tabloids bugged their phones.
Funny to see so many, including me, using so much effort to discuss things like that, while the couple is enjoying an idyllic piece of paradise. Ohlord! :cool:

Prince William and Kate Middleton's pricey yacht tour
Article

then the headline says they rent a 2 million boat, but one week costs 26000 - and the state they rented it for 1 day,

The yacht costs $42,000 a week to hire according to this article They could've hired it for a day, two days or even a week.
Pictures of the yacht they hired.

Last edited:
Thanks for calling my opinion, codswallop, that was really nice of you.
They aren't anyone else, they are royalty. End of.

Not just because they are living off the radar for however long, but simple because they are royal. It's part of their life, deal with it.

Exactly. I dont get why people think they are "normal" and can live off the radar for the the next two years without being photographed while living as Mr. Air Rescue Pilot and Mrs. Housewife.
William is in line for the british throne and there comes responsibility with it. You cant just pop back at some point saying, ok, now I have to, here we go. Because of what has already happened, I understand where William is coming from but its not working.

After all the british taxpayer had to pay for his wedding, if William thought he was so normal he could have fought his corner to have a small family affair. Guess what he was told, its not possible, like other things he would like to have arent possible either, see above, the private Wales household for the next whatever years without any intrusion is an illusion.

Yes, they are rich but why? Because they worked for it? No they are rich because of who they are, royals, given money, land, property, assets through the centuries. They are benefitting from a stone-old stystem their ancestors once created. Thats why they can pay an obscene amout of money for a honeymoon. I do think they are entitled to privacy during their honeymoon and shouldnt be harrassed, but I do think differently about their married life ahead.

William has huge, huge privileges that have nothing to do with "being normal" and for that reason the cant just put on his rescue uniform, a job by the way that he would never have gotten without being who he is, and say, now leave us alone here in Wales in our "normal" life for the time being, and, same goes for our "normal" luxury holidays, please.

If there is one thing that is "normal" about William is that he, as a royal, has to endure the same public & media interest like his peers. He should either get used to it or, as a consequence, ask Harry to step in and give up everything that is obviously so annoying to him as soon as the game is not being played by his rules.

Many royals before William already tried to dictate the rules to public and media - be available when I want to and leave me alone when I want to - in the BRF Diana comes to my mind, but failed miserably. The same will happen to William at some point, too bad that he needs both, the favour of public and media, in order to survice as monarch of an outdated institution.

If there is one thing that is "normal" about William is that he, as a royal, has to endure the same public & media interest like his peers. He should either get used to it or, as a consequence, ask Harry to step in and give up everything that is obviously so annoying to him as soon as the game is not being played by his rules.

Many royals before William already tried to dictate the rules to public and media - be available when I want to and leave me alone when I want to - in the BRF Diana comes to my mind, but failed miserably. The same will happen to William at some point, too bad that he needs both, the favour of public and media, in order to survice as monarch of an outdated institution.

I don't know. It's about roles the Royals play. When they do their Royal duties, they are set apart from the other people, but on eating dinner in front of the TV alone in their home they can be as normal as you get it considering that there are all kinds of people and thus all kinds of "normal" situations.

The problem starts when the media mixes all roles together - of course the public has a right to see a Royal prince and his princess wife perform their Royal duties. Of course noone, not even Prince and Princess should be secretly photographed on sitting on the loo (even though a especially tasteless series of pics was published of a Catherine look-a-like on the loo). But where does the right of the public to be interested starts? It can't be measured by the public's willingness to pay for such information, because a) you dont know if the public really wants to see and know so much private details as there are other papers who are sold without this kind of story and b) not everythaing that can be sold should be on sale. There are limits to markets or there should at least be limits.

I think a good example is happening at the moment in Sweden. Crown princess Victoria and her husband Daniel pay an official visit to his hometown. They are dressed up, surrounded by security and are gracefully receiving people, visit local institutions, hear children's choirs sing etc.
Its the same place they were pictured at Eastern wearing jeans and t-shirts, walking along the streets with family. No different from others there. But in both situtions they are absolutely authentic. Because there is a difference between their job and their private life, even though all the time they are "Royals". I don't see why William Catherine can't be Pilot & Wife in Wales and prince and Princess in London.

One thing that I keep seeing here over and over again is people taking articles clearly speculative and running with, and not only that creating all this great arguments criticizing the couple approach, even if the story is not even confirmed.

William's relationship with the press is what it should be. Easy for you or me to say, "Come on wills, relax smile more, talk to them. Deal with it". Exactly because he DID NOT chose to be born into the family, why should be any different? Now, the day I see Snookie or Paris Hilton complaining about the press , THEN , I could say "WTF, you were the one chasing them to start with!"

Why are some so surprised about the elaborative things done to keep this honeymoon private is really "interesting" to me! Actually what have surprised me is the Villa' owner/ manager acknowledging their stay.

I heard they're coming home today or tomorrow. Victoria Arbiter mentioned it on twitter to me yesterday and I also read one paper that gave the exact date of return. Some other royal photographers on twitter are also saying CH has set up an opportunity for some agencies to get some shots of the couple in Anglesey. Anyways that photographer was complaining CH picks and chooses fave's with the press.

Kate and William’s Royal honeymoon: insider details revealed

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge have been enjoying bike rides, champagne picnics and sunset cruises during their holiday in the Seychelles....
Full article

The couple have ended their honeymoon and are back in the UK.

Prince William and Kate end Seychelles honeymoon
Article

Seychelles is beautiful imo its Africa's best kept secret. A great honeymoon destination. :flowers:

Let's face it .... we have Rupert Murdoch to credit/blame for the open season on royals OR any celebrity. He has successfully convinced people that anyone who is accomplished or privileged or successful in any way owes it to the public to no longer have any privacy. Of course, just guess who profits from that philosophy??? It also plays in the hands of all the jealous naysayers out there.

The world was a better place before that sleeze bag came on the scene. JMHO of course. :)

Who is Rupert Murdoch? Ive heard the name but I cant distinguish it. I don't know if the way the press has changed is different in America and Britain. It does seem like both of us have lost respect for our politicians and the BRF. I tend to believe that the loss of respect in America came about because of the Nixon scandal in the 70s. Since then what a president or senator does and with whom has become the publics business. If the loss of respect for the royal family in England started in the 80s, is it fair to say that it is a result of the Diana phenomenon?

:previous:

Wiki says it all about Rupert Murdoch's holdings. :ohmy:

ENews! this morning was talking about how William and Kate needed protection on their honeymoon from pirates.

Alright thanx for that, he still has a while to be gone. I used to worry about Kate in that house all by herself in the middle of a forest. But I remembered that they probably have bodyguards who have to live with them. No one has seen the house they live in right? Are there other army wives who live around her?

Alright thanx for that, he still has a while to be gone. I used to worry about Kate in that house all by herself in the middle of a forest. But I remembered that they probably have bodyguards who have to live with them. No one has seen the house they live in right? Are there other army wives who live around her?

I would hazard a guess that she's staying at the London house near their office, because she's doing engagements while he's gone and that would make more sense.

As for the honeymoon photographs, I find it really disagraceful that magazines promote the photo's of the couple as though they are from their private collection instead of the high quality zoom lenses which have evidently been used. A total invasion of privacy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom