The Duke & Duchess of Cambridge are expecting their third child: September 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think this is the week with most monarchs' birthdays:
Today (April 15): king Philippe of Belgium
Tomorrow (April 16): queen Margrethe of Denmark and grand duke Henri of Luxembourg
On Thursday (April 19): king Mswati of Swaziland
On Saturday (April 21): queen Elizabeth of the UK

And that's only the monarchs (Henri for example shares his birthday with his son prince Sebastien, as does princess Eleonore with her father king Philippe, prince Maurits of Orange-Nassau celebrates his 50th onTuesday (17), his sister-in-law princess Annette's birthday is on Wednesday (18), prince Alexander of Sweden shares his birthday with king Mswati while princess Isabella of Denmark shares queen Elizaberh's birthday), so, a good week for another royal birth.

Last edited:
I'm thinking by the 20th!

LaRae

Don't forget Princess Éleonore of Belgium and Prince Alexander of Sweden, King Mswati III. of Swaziland, King Carl XVI Gustaf of Sweden and former Pope Benedict XVI. Their birthdays are also in the next days.

I would say, April is THE royal month of the year. I am proud that April is also the month I was born.

Infanta Sofia and Princess Ariane were also born in April. This month is quite popular I think. But I really hope the baby is born soon, since it's getting closer to his/her sister's birth date. I was born one day after my dad's birthday, and even though it was not on the same day, we celebrate and made a party for both of us. I never really enjoyed it though, because I always wanted to be the "star" of the day when I was a child.

It seems that April is quite a popular birth month in general as in my personal sphere of friends I know a lot of April babies - and, as others have mentioned above, there are a lot of April royal babies too.

I'm personally hoping that Baby Cambridge will be born on their great-grandmother's birthday; because I think it would be really sweet for them to share it. HM gets to celebrate her birthday again in June but I can't imagine her making a scene because the new baby will be sharing her birthday, haha.

considering william is doing some stuff this week and the only day he isn't is the 19th...makes me think that's her actual due date...and im guessing like baby 1 and 2 this one will be late...so im guessing the baby will be born april 26...

i kinda feel bad for them i think harry's wedding is going to be chaotic with having a newborn there and having to give feedings all day...but im sure they'll do fine...but it won't give kate that much of a recovery time..but that now doesnt really seem like they put into consideration kate giving birth in choosing the wedding day..

I believe William has an engagement on the 19th as well, all royals are attending The Queen's Dinner for CHOGM.
Only a small percentage of babies is born on their due date and the first two babies weren’t, so it makes no sense for them to keep the date clear. I actually think she’s due next week and they aren’t worried about it yet.

Don't forget Princess Éleonore of Belgium and Prince Alexander of Sweden, King Mswati III. of Swaziland, King Carl XVI Gustaf of Sweden and former Pope Benedict XVI. Their birthdays are also in the next days.

I would say, April is THE royal month of the year. I am proud that April is also the month I was born.

Not all of them were born in the royal week of April 15-21. But there are indeed also many royal births in other weeks of the month of April (including king Willem-Alexander). But as I mentioned Sebastien sharing his father's birthday I should have mentioned Eleonore as well.

Last edited:
i kinda feel bad for them i think harry's wedding is going to be chaotic with having a newborn there and having to give feedings all day...but im sure they'll do fine...but it won't give kate that much of a recovery time..but that now doesnt really seem like they put into consideration kate giving birth in choosing the wedding day..

I'm pretty sure they will not bring the newborn to the service. The BRF doesn't do that like other royal families, such as the Swedes, do.

The baby wont be at the wedding. The only children under the age of even say 10 (perhaps even older) will be the bridal party.

The baby will be with his/her nanny during the ceremony. Certainly Kate will check in on the baby through the day. And she may only stay for the dinner part of the evening reception, before going home.

They gave enough consideration to her due date. They planned the wedding in late mid May so there would be no concern that she would miss it. Or that William would have to miss it. I don't think anyone can reasonably expect them to put their wedding plans on hold, because Kate is on maternity leave.

....but that now doesnt really seem like they put into consideration kate giving birth in choosing the wedding day..

I think they did take Kate giving birth into consideration, but Harry & Meghan shouldn't have to postpone their wedding until the new baby is weaned.?

They planned the wedding for just after mid May so the baby would have arrived. With all the other considerations involving other people and events that's probably all that could done.

Last edited:
I think they did take Kate giving birth into consideration, but Harry & Meghan shouldn't have to postpone their wedding until the new baby is weaned.?

Agreed. And Windsor Castle/St. George's Chapel is *much* more convenient for a new mom than Buckingham/Westminster would be. Not that I think that's why they chose it, but it's a happy circumstance for Catherine that they did.

Infanta Sofia and Princess Ariane were also born in April. This month is quite popular I think. But I really hope the baby is born soon, since it's getting closer to his/her sister's birth date. I was born one day after my dad's birthday, and even though it was not on the same day, we celebrate and made a party for both of us. I never really enjoyed it though, because I always wanted to be the "star" of the day when I was a child.

Same thing with my dad and his dad (April 22nd and 21st respectively); when they turned 40 and 70, the cake had 110 icing candles on it. Grandpa Edwards would have been 96 this year; he died in summer 2009 from pneumonia and liver failure (he was jaundiced for the last 3 months of his life), 8 years almost to the day after my grandma from bladder cancer that had spread to her lungs. They were married almost 54 years when she died.

Agreed. And Windsor Castle/St. George's Chapel is *much* more convenient for a new mom than Buckingham/Westminster would be. Not that I think that's why they chose it, but it's a happy circumstance for Catherine that they did.
I agree hel that it is much more convenient for mother and baby that they won't be too far apart that day. ?

I didn’t see anyone suggest that so there is now need for that narky reply this seems to be happening a lot lately.
I think with a new born and trying to get a routine Kate will have to miss maybe parts of the reception so she can feed little baby

Last edited:
:previous: There was indeed the suggestion that they didn't show any consideration to Kate and her need to nurse, when planning the wedding. OH was certainly not alone in pointing out there isn't a need for the couple to wait until Kate has weaned the baby, so she can be at every part of the wedding. The implication that the couple was thoughtless, not scheduling their wedding with Kate's comfort in mind, was certainly made.

Indeed. Not that Kate would leave the ceremony until done anyways, buts its about 10 minutes from their home in Kensington to the abbey, 8 minutes from Buckingham palace (where the reception would likely have been held).

The only time Kate will be all that far from the baby is if she attends the evening reception at Frogmroe, which is about 10 minutes from the castle.

I didn’t see anyone suggest that so there is now need for that narky reply this seems to be happening a lot lately.
I think with a new born and trying to get a routine Kate will have to miss maybe parts of the reception so she can feed little baby

I agree. If Kate's due date is around end of the month, the wedding date seems not so thoughtful to me. Of course no one has to plan a wedding according to some relative's due date, but if you want to share your special day with your brother and sister-in-law fully, you should adjust your plans accordingly, JMO.

It’s so hard to get a time when royals have so many engagements etc.but I do feel Kate will still be in new baby fog at the wedding but she will handle it but will be glad to get home

As for Birthday of Royals - also Pope Emeritus turns 91 today.

I believe William has an engagement on the 19th as well, all royals are attending The Queen's Dinner for CHOGM.
Only a small percentage of babies is born on their due date and the first two babies weren’t, so it makes no sense for them to keep the date clear. I actually think she’s due next week and they aren’t worried about it yet.

And during this engagement William pretty well may receive an SMS from his wife saying: "It's started!";)

This article sounds like a test by PW to see who is leaking info. Tell an acquaintance something false and if it shows up in print you know who talked.

Pregnant Kate Middleton has packed onyx beads in her hospital bag | Daily Mail Online

Probably the same source that said she was having a home birth. Keep throwing muck at the wall and hope something sticks.

True. I very much doubt she will be a big presence at the receptions, and she may skip the evening party altogether -like the older royals. Zara might do the same depending on the her due date, and how comfortable she's feeling.

If Catherine does have some unexpected birthing/post-partum complications and has to miss the entire wedding, then whilst it is unfortunate I don't think it would bother the bride or groom all that much. In choosing the date they knowingly assumed all the off-chance risks involved. And frankly they were likely much more concerned in picking a date that guaranteed the presence of their parents, grandparents, and best friends. Those are their tier-one people. Catherine is merely Harry's sister-in-law, not their blood, and not their close friend. She was never going to take top priority in their wedding plans.

True. I very much doubt she will be a big presence at the receptions, and she may skip the evening party altogether -like the older royals. Zara might do the same depending on the her due date, and how comfortable she's feeling.

If Catherine does have some unexpected birthing/post-partum complications and has to miss the entire wedding, then whilst it is unfortunate I don't think it would bother the bride or groom all that much. In choosing the date they knowingly assumed all the off-chance risks involved. And frankly they were likely much more concerned in picking a date that guaranteed the presence of their parents, grandparents, and best friends. Those are their tier-one people. Catherine is merely Harry's sister-in-law, not their blood, and not their close friend. She was never going to take top priority in their wedding plans.

I still don't understand why people would think that your one-and-only sister-in-law who also lives next to you and is your colleague for life and has been praised as a great asset (by Meghan) and the sister you never had (by Harry) is so low on the list of priorities according to some. Are Meghan's grandparents still alive?

To me it seems that they made sure that the wedding was not conflicting with the birth of Cambridge #3 in normal circumstances (and based on previous births they have some idea after how much time she most likely will be recovered enough to attend at least part of the wedding).

Whereas I fully understand that H&M are the priority here and not Catherine, if she can't attend and William is best man, who would be minding George and Charlotte as attendants?

Hahaha !

Whereas I fully understand that H&M are the priority here and not Catherine, if she can't attend and William is best man, who would be minding George and Charlotte as attendants?

Hahaha !

Well, of course H&M are the priority but that was not up for discussion; it was about parents, grandparents and friends being of higher priority. I'm pretty sure they tried to accommodate all important people and that surely includes both William and Catherine.

Even if Kate doesn't give birth until the last week of April, barring complications, she has time enough to get on her feet for a wedding. I'm sure all this was taken into consideration ..and they have a backup plan if Kate were to miss it.

I still don't understand why people would think that your one-and-only sister-in-law who also lives next to you and is your colleague for life and has been praised as a great asset (by Meghan) and the sister you never had (by Harry) is so low on the list of priorities according to some. Are Meghan's grandparents still alive?

I believe Meghan has a step-grandmother that's still alive.

The Cambridges live next to the Gloucesters. M&H live closer to the Kents. It helps to visualize KP as a complex instead of one big palace.

M&H have said complimentary things about his sister-in-law and colleague as you reference her. But that doesn't mean they have some deep bond with her. If W&C were to divorce in the near future do you honestly believe that M&H would bother to maintain a relationship with her beyond chit-chats at events involving the Cambridge children? Like I said, she isn't blood or a close friend.

I'm sure they would like if she were able to attend their wedding (or parts of it), but her attendance isn't their primary concern. Just like the Cambridges weren't put out at Harry missing Charlotte's christening. Charlotte's parents, grandparents, great-grandparents and godparents attended, they were the necessary attendees.

When it comes to event planning, different people fall in different tiers of consideration.

I believe Meghan has a step-grandmother that's still alive.

The Cambridges live next to the Gloucesters. M&H live closer to the Kents. It helps to visualize KP as a complex instead of one big palace.

M&H have said complimentary things about his sister-in-law and colleague as you reference her. But that doesn't mean they have some deep bond with her. If W&C were to divorce in the near future do you honestly believe that M&H would bother to maintain a relationship with her beyond chit-chats at events involving the Cambridge children? Like I said, she isn't blood or a close friend.
I do think that Harry has forged a bond with his sister-in-law over the last 15 years indeed. And yes, I am aware that there are a few houses in between but I consider all of them to be neighbors.

I'm sure they would like if she were able to attend their wedding (or parts of it), but her attendance isn't their primary concern. Just like the Cambridges weren't put out at Harry missing Charlotte's christening. Charlotte's parents, grandparents, great-grandparents and godparents attended, they were the necessary attendees.

When it comes to event planning, different people fall in different tiers of consideration.
Yes, and in my book William and Catherine is part of tier-1; and in yours she isn't. It's not that she recently entered the family and Harry hardly knows her... She has probably been the most important female influence in his life for many years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom