The Duke & Duchess of Cambridge are expecting their third child: September 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is such wonderful news...congratulations to the family. I'm sorry to hear that Kate's suffering from HG and hope she's feeling better soon.

They actually do run in Kate's family. Her paternal grandmother was a twin.

But none since then?

LaRae

None so far but only Kate has kids of the 5 grandchildren of Peter and Valerie Middleton. Adam's wife looks pregnant in the photos from Charlotte's christening but I can find anything saying what they had.

If no one else is having twins...may not be a genetic thing, could of been a fluke.

LaRae

If no one else is having twins...may not be a genetic thing, could of been a fluke.

LaRae

Well, it's a fluke if it's identical twins. Was Valerie an identical twin? She and her sister look a little different, but maybe it's because they were different weights, etc.

We should also note it's more likely for a woman to conceive twins once she hits her mid-30s. But for Catherine's sake (HG) I hope it's just one baby, unless she's planning to have a 4th child then she might as well get it all over with this pregnancy. :lol:

Apparently Mike had twin great aunts. William's maternal Great grandfather was a twin and he has twin Spencer first cousins.

Hard to tell...guess we'd have to know the particulars.

LaRae

Well, here's a picture of Valerie and her sister side-by-side, do we think they were identical?

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014/06/18/article-2661196-1EE0BDD300000578-539_964x574.jpg

Sidenote, Catherine's grandfather was quite handsome.

I think they're fraternal. Their eyes are completely different. And yes Miss Whirley - I completely agree! Peter Middleton is VERY handsome! :flowers::flowers::flowers:

Another factor for twins is maternal age. Catherine is at the age now that her chances of conceiving fraternal twin is higher (almost 36). CP Mary is a perfect example of this - she and CP Frederik conceived twins when she was 38. Princess Charlene and Prince Albert II conceived twins when she was 37. My mother had twins (my twin sister and I) at 36; my elder sister had twin boys at 40.

We would need to wait a few more weeks for a twins announcement! You never know! If Catherine is pregnant with twins, would this be a first for the BRF?

At least we see where Mike got his glorious hair from.
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: Very true!

Twins are from the mother Fathers have no part in it.
Twins are two offspring produced by the same pregnancy. Twins can be either monozygotic, meaning that they develop from one zygote, which splits and forms two embryos, or dizygotic, meaning that they develop from two different eggs. Wikipedia

Catherine is the only royal who goes through all this conspiracy stuff with regards to pregnancy.

Other royal women get a congratulations and people move on.

Poor Kate has to deal with all this nonsense.

Well various pregnancy conspiracy theories have extended to other royal ladies on different sites. This site does a better job of keeping the nonsense to a minimum IMHO.

There are conspiracy theories?? Really? Like what...

1. That she has never been pregnant and has used a surrogate.

2. That the surrogate is either Russian or Eastern European or even Asian

3. That Carole's eggs were used because Kate is infertile (based on a comment in The Globe - that extremely reliable piece of absolute garbage - attributed to Camilla back in around 2008)

4. That Carole actually carried George and/or Charlotte

5. The various friends are the respective egg or sperm donors

6. The Pippa's eggs were used by the surrogate

etc
etc
etc

I could go on and on and on.

1. That she has never been pregnant and has used a surrogate.

2. That the surrogate is either Russian or Eastern European or even Asian

3. That Carole's eggs were used because Kate is infertile (based on a comment in The Globe - that extremely reliable piece of absolute garbage - attributed to Camilla back in around 2008)

4. That Carole actually carried George and/or Charlotte

5. The various friends are the respective egg or sperm donors

6. The Pippa's eggs were used by the surrogate

etc
etc
etc

I could go on and on and on.

Yes, and because they claim she was never pregnant they claim she never had HG and she was hospitalized for non-pregnancy reasons, they also like to claim the nurse didn't commit suicide instead W&C had her murdered to cover up their web of lies.

And we'll close the discussion of conspiracy theories there, thank you....

And it was obvious that Charlotte was late . They had to extent the "no parking" order.

And don't forget that due dates are just one day picked out of a 2-3 week stretch when the baby can be safely delivered...that's more than a half a month's stretch. So any due date in the last week or two of April could have ended up with a May 2nd birth (Charlotte's birthday) without being too far off the mark.

This is such wonderful news...congratulations to the family. I'm sorry to hear that Kate's suffering from HG and hope she's feeling better soon.

They actually do run in Kate's family. Her paternal grandmother was a twin.

Twins would just be so awesome!! If she does end up having twins, I wonder if they would announce that ahead of time or just let everyone be happily surprised.

Don't forget that Catherine has the means of nannies, medical staff etc that many many women don't. There are many women that had to forgo having more children due to HG simply because they could not afford to take 6-12 weeks of leave.

No one can doubt that William and Catherine live and breathe for their family, but romanticising Catherine's "sacrifice" to have a bigger family is a bit of a stretch.

I hope Catherine is feeling better and able to enjoy the first day of school for Prince George this week!

Still though, even with all the help and advantages she has, she still feels just as sick.

Last edited by a moderator:
Still though, even with all the help and advantages she has, she still feels just as sick.

Even regular morning sickness can feel like a death sentence sometimes as I well remember. Even with being royal with all the help and support and assistance in the world, she is at a stage right now where her best friend seems to be the porcelain goddess that is demanding her attention.

I was driving in to work this morning and the radio announcer said "Congratulations to Prince George and Princess Charlotte of England who are expecting their third Royal baby!!":lol:

I took me a minute but then I realized it was just the clueless American press being themselves.:cool:

Congrats to the Cambridges for being the latest to contribute to the Royal baby boom.;)

So rumour is that Catherine is eleven weeks gone as William said they would celebrate next week, according to papers this implies she will pass the crucial 12 week mark. If true that would be a March 2018 birth.

I was driving in to work this morning and the radio announcer said "Congratulations to Prince George and Princess Charlotte of England who are expecting their third Royal baby!!":lol:

I took me a minute but then I realized it was just the clueless American press being themselves.:cool:

Congrats to the Cambridges for being the latest to contribute to the Royal baby boom.;)
Obviously they have been influenced by Game of Thrones a little bit too much. Don't want to go full on Targaryen or Lannister style.

Criticism from -the very left- 'The canary' on the third baby of the couple:

[...] in April 2017 the government introduced a two-child limit for parents and carers who claim tax credits for raising children.
With a few exceptions, mothers can only get an exemption if they fill out an eight-page form (signed by a third party) saying they became pregnant through non-consensual sex, and aren’t living with the other parent of that child.
Understandably, this ‘rape clause’ caused outrage around the country.
So on Monday 4 September, one writer pointed out in The Independent that, thanks to UK taxpayers and inherited wealth, William and Kate have the privilege of not having to consider the financial cost of procreation

https://www.thecanary.co/2017/09/05/heres-everything-thats-wrong-third-royal-baby-announcement/

Even 'The Telegraph' - a very right wing publication owned by an ex-convict- there is a column about the amount of children of the couple, which apparently should stay limited to three:

Three's plenty for the Duchess of Cambridge – a fourth child would look out-of-touch

Although I understand the objections in both articles, I think that the duke and duchess are the only ones that should be deciding over the size of their family. I am surprised that three children is already considered a lot btw.

Last edited:
If W&K are getting so much criticism for having three children, it is even more unlikely that Kate will try for a fourth when she is 38 or 39 , especially having suffered from HG in all her previous pregnancies.

I don't agree...who lets public opinion decide on personal private decisions like family size?

LaRae

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom