The Duke & Duchess of Cambridge are expecting their third child: September 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
There is a biological finite window to having children and even then nothing is guaranteed.

I think it's disgusting to suggest engagements come before a pregnancy.

Last edited:
What happened in previous generations is that the marriages fell apart (or ran into serious pressures, as the Queen and Philip did after her ascension) after two kids. So the news of a third Cambridge baby is especially wonderful because it tells us that the marriage is still going strong.

Assuming that hyperemesis gravidarum kicks in at 6 weeks of pregnancy I'd estimate that the pregnancy began around July 24. Which was right in the middle of my Caribbean cruise, so I don't remember what was going on in the outside world at the time, but it was probably after the state dinner and around the time of the Cambridge European tour. That would give us an estimated due date April 30th. Of course, babies keep to their own timetable.

And since I am getting into Will and Kate's personal business by guestimating the date of conception, I'll admit something personal myself. When I was packing up my dad to move him into assisted living, I found old photographs from the early years of my parents' marriage tucked in the back of the linen closet. One envelope was marked in my late mother's handwriting indicating that the pictures inside were from a trip to Las Vegas for Thanksgiving weekend the year before I was born. I was an August baby, and something clicked in my mind when I saw the dates. I did the math and it turned out that yes, I was conceived on that trip. Now I know why my dad freaks out every time I suggest going to Vegas for a weekend. :lol:

The tour was done on July 21. The state dinner was even earlier in July. It's George's birthday party. It strikes again. The timing is very similar to Charlotte.

The tour was done on July 21. The state dinner was even earlier in July. It's George's birthday party. It strikes again. The timing is very similar to Charlotte.

Yes, they announced the Charlotte pregnancy in early September, too. Like Charlotte this baby is probably due late April, and if he/she goes over a bit like big sis they could both share a May 2nd birthday.

Yes, they announced the Charlotte pregnancy in early September, too. Like Charlotte this baby is probably due late April, and if he/she goes over a bit like big sis they could both share a May 2nd birthday.

I was thinking the same thing. I remember sitting at my cousin's kitchen table Labor Day weekend a couple years ago and seeing the announcement of Kate's 2nd pregnancy.

Catherine will do her duties. On the advice of her doctors and her husband.

On the advice of her doctors yes, but I imagine she knows her own body better than her husband.

She isn't going to be out of the equation for 18 months. Just a few weeks for the HG to clear and a couple of months to have and recover from the baby in the spring.

The Cambridge tour isn't until November. Kate went to NYC while pregnant with Charlotte that was early December. If the tour is Scandinavia like we think it is, those are short flights from the U.K. and would probably have a lot of interactions with the hosting royal families. Imagine the discussions about early childhood issues they could have in Sweden with all the royal munchkins

KP didn't announce the dates and location of Harry's tour either and will know he isn't suffering from morning sickness

I certainly wouldn't be expecting her to carry out the amount of engagements she would not-pregnant, when she is pregnant. Maybe I should have phrased my comment better. I also didn't say that this pregnancy would effect the future tour, I was more intrigued by the fact that last week Catherine would have known she was pregnant, and this engagement was announced and then cancelled. Exactly like what happened last time.

There's this embargoed announcement tomorrow which reporters hint is more engagements, or something to do with the upcoming tours perhaps.

I think it's disgusting to suggest engagements come before a pregnancy.

Oh of course, would you like to be more specific on which post you find so utterly disgusting because I can't see one.

Royal engagements take weeks if not months of planning. When Kate's schedule was being drafted she likely didn't know she was pregnant.

She looked fine at KP gardens last week.

So she either cancels everything or sees how she feels. I'm just happy for another royal baby. Critics will be critics.

The Duke & Duchess of Cambridge are expecting their third child: September 2017

She might have not started showing the symptoms of HG yet when the engagement was announced. It's not a given until it occurs that she would have it. With George she did an engagement at her old school right before she ended up in the hospital. The engagements of this week were probably planned several months ago. If she didn't get sick, she would have just gone to today's engagement and the baby would be announced several months from now.

I've deleted and edited a number of posts discussing overpopulation and Prince Philip's thoughts on it. I've also moved a few posts to Kate & William's gender & names thread. Let's keep this thread on-topic. Thanks.

I didn't get it. Why? Does Andrew want to marry ?

No one knows. it mostly hearsay but there a rumor that Andrew wants to remarry Sarah but that a discussion for a different thread. Oly the first 6 People in Line of Succession need The Queen Permission to Marry.

Last edited:
Royal engagements take weeks if not months of planning. When Kate's schedule was being drafted she likely didn't know she was pregnant.

She looked fine at KP gardens last week.

So she either cancels everything or sees how she feels. I'm just happy for another royal baby. Critics will be critics.
And so am I, unlike Phil Dampier who is surprised by it.

phil dampier‏ @phildampier
Congratulations to William and Kate on #royalbaby but I'm surprised. I thought they were going to get stuck into the royal duties!

Congratulations to Will and Kate on baby #3! But poor Kate on suffering with HG for a third time. I guess if there's any good to be had on dealing with such an awful sickness is that it brings HG into the public eye, yet again, for more discussion and understanding. Maybe even more interest in research to help alleviate the misery that women go through.

Here's hoping and praying for a safe pregnancy and delivery and a healthy little Cambridge in the spring!

If the report of Kate's visit to the hospital before the Balmoral trip is true, she might be a few weeks further along. Maybe after treatments etc she wasn't feeling too bad and thought she'd be able to attend currently scheduled engagements but her hormones disagreed.

It's kind of ironic to me that the day Catherine is supposed to step up to the plate, is the day they announce she's pregnant with their third child. Basically takes her out of the equation for 18 months.
l:

Somewhere I was reading someone pointed out that the announcement regarding William leaving EAAA and the Cambridges moving their home base to London, never specified that Kate would be taking up full time duties, only William. So perhaps they hoped all along for a third child and were tentatively planning for that possibility.

Last edited by a moderator:
Somewhere I was reading someone pointed out that the announcement regarding William leaving EAAA and the Cambridges moving their home base to London, never specified that Kate would be taking up full time duties, only William. So perhaps they hoped all along for a third child and were tentatively planning for that possibility.

I genuinely believe that they will have 4 children, it seems like the right family fit for them. Perhaps it was an assumption, but a well founded one. You could see it with the continual announcements, and the step up in type of engagement.

I'm sure everyone things I hate William and Catherine now, but I genuinely like them. I just have that curse of wanting them to be out there more.

Catherine is the only royal who goes through all this conspiracy stuff with regards to pregnancy.

Other royal women get a congratulations and people move on.

Poor Kate has to deal with all this nonsense.

The only thing I can find about a hospital visit recently is from Woman's Day. Not a very reliable publication. In a day when everyone has a phone, the Duchess of Cambridge in a hospital seems like something that would leak out. The palace immediately announced the pregnancy with George when Kate was admitted to the hospital and with Charlotte and this baby when engagements had to be canceled. They didn't attempt to cover up the pregnancy.

I genuinely believe that they will have 4 children, it seems like the right family fit for them. Perhaps it was an assumption, but a well founded one. You could see it with the continual announcements, and the step up in type of engagement.

I'm sure everyone things I hate William and Catherine now, but I genuinely like them. I just have that curse of wanting them to be out there more.

I've thought they would have 4 also..and they have time even with 2 year spacing.

Since she's carried out engagements even while pregnant (during bouts of HG or after that subsided) she'll still be out there, just not as busy of s schedule as perhaps people were gearing up for.

LaRae

Congratulations! I can't wait to see the new baby.

Catherine is the only royal who goes through all this conspiracy stuff with regards to pregnancy.

Other royal women get a congratulations and people move on.

Poor Kate has to deal with all this nonsense.

Catherine doesn't have to deal with anything, the only thing she'd see is the papers and they're all talking about the fact that William has timed the pregnancy right so he can have two weeks paternity during the World Cup.

Kate will be 36 when her third child is born. I don't see her going for a 4th when she is 38 or 39, especially after having struggled with HG in all of her pregnancies and having to take up an increasing load of full-time royal duties in the near future. Of course, it's up to her and her husband to decide how many children they want, but I can't really think of a rationale for a fourth child.

I predict the baby will be due in april.

Catherine doesn't have to deal with anything, the only thing she'd see is the papers and they're all talking about the fact that William has timed the pregnancy right so he can have two weeks paternity during the World Cup.

William is the President of the FA. He doesn't need paternity leave to watch the World Cup. It's an official engagement for him. Plus the World Cup doesn't start until mid June.

William is the President of the FA. He doesn't need paternity leave to watch the World Cup. It's an official engagement for him. Plus the World Cup doesn't start until mid June.

I am aware. It's a joke.

If we go back through older threads we see the same comments over and over again.

How dare she get pregnant. She has an engagement tomorrow :lol:

It was especially bad on Twitter with people saying she got pregnant to get out of working. I saw some tweets saying the HG was fake.

Kate will be 36 when her third child is born. I don't see her going for a 4th when she is 38 or 39, especially after having struggled with HG in all of her pregnancies and having to take up an increasing load of full-time royal duties in the near future. Of course, it's up to her and her husband to decide how many children they want, but I can't really think of a rationale for a fourth child.

There doesn't have to be a 'rationale' for it.

LaRae

Does this mean the royal tour they were supposed to do will be canceled, or will William just go with Harry? Or will Harry go alone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom