The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 09-04-2017, 07:39 PM
Heir Apparent

No I don't think they ever announce the month.

LaRae

Old 09-04-2017, 07:50 PM
Heir Apparent

April 2015 for Charlotte. It was in a tweet from the palace in October 2014.

http://m.huffpost.com/uk/entry/7321068

Old 09-04-2017, 07:54 PM
Nobility

It was announced Jan 14, 2013 that the baby (that was Prince George) was due in July.
Old 09-04-2017, 07:58 PM
Heir Presumptive

Yup- they'll likely announce the due date after her 12 week scans as they did with both George and Charlotte
Old 09-04-2017, 08:05 PM
Heir Apparent

I guess I forgot! For some reason I didn't think they announced the month.

LaRae
Old 09-04-2017, 08:15 PM
Heir Apparent

I am surprised because I couldn't imagine going through that awful illness again and they have two gorgeous children. God bless her and give her strength to get through this tough time.
Old 09-04-2017, 08:27 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frelinghighness View Post
I am surprised because I couldn't imagine going through that awful illness again and they have two gorgeous children. God bless her and give her strength to get through this tough time.
That's the beautiful part though. She's willing to go through the illness because she and William are in love with their kids and want to make their family bigger.

My mother just heard the news. She was a little shocked that they are having another baby so soon. I said to her, "William and Catherine are busy getting busy." We had a good royal laugh.

A.W. TOZER
Old 09-04-2017, 08:41 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
That's the beautiful part though. She's willing to go through the illness because she and William are in love with their kids and want to make their family bigger.
Don't forget that Catherine has the means of nannies, medical staff etc that many many women don't. There are many women that had to forgo having more children due to HG simply because they could not afford to take 6-12 weeks of leave.

No one can doubt that William and Catherine live and breathe for their family, but romanticising Catherine's "sacrifice" to have a bigger family is a bit of a stretch.

I hope Catherine is feeling better and able to enjoy the first day of school for Prince George this week!
Old 09-04-2017, 08:56 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownPrincessJava View Post
Don't forget that Catherine has the means of nannies, medical staff etc that many many women don't. There are many women that had to forgo having more children due to HG simply because they could not afford to take 6-12 weeks of leave.

No one can doubt that William and Catherine live and breathe for their family, but romanticising Catherine's "sacrifice" to have a bigger family is a bit of a stretch.

I hope Catherine is feeling better and able to enjoy the first day of school for Prince George this week!

This is so true , while she would be feeling terrible having help 24/7 would make it more bearable.
Old 09-04-2017, 09:40 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

This is such wonderful news...congratulations to the family. I'm sorry to hear that Kate's suffering from HG and hope she's feeling better soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
Not likely ...they don't run in the family.

LaRae
They actually do run in Kate's family. Her paternal grandmother was a twin.
Old 09-04-2017, 10:07 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by soapstar View Post
This is such wonderful news...congratulations to the family. I'm sorry to hear that Kate's suffering from HG and hope she's feeling better soon.

They actually do run in Kate's family. Her paternal grandmother was a twin.

But none since then?

LaRae
Old 09-04-2017, 10:19 PM
Heir Apparent

None so far but only Kate has kids of the 5 grandchildren of Peter and Valerie Middleton. Adam's wife looks pregnant in the photos from Charlotte's christening but I can find anything saying what they had.
Old 09-04-2017, 10:24 PM
Heir Apparent

If no one else is having twins...may not be a genetic thing, could of been a fluke.

LaRae
Old 09-04-2017, 10:33 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
If no one else is having twins...may not be a genetic thing, could of been a fluke.

LaRae
Well, it's a fluke if it's identical twins. Was Valerie an identical twin? She and her sister look a little different, but maybe it's because they were different weights, etc.

We should also note it's more likely for a woman to conceive twins once she hits her mid-30s. But for Catherine's sake (HG) I hope it's just one baby, unless she's planning to have a 4th child then she might as well get it all over with this pregnancy.
Old 09-04-2017, 10:37 PM
Heir Apparent

Apparently Mike had twin great aunts. William's maternal Great grandfather was a twin and he has twin Spencer first cousins.
Old 09-04-2017, 10:41 PM
Heir Apparent

Identical twins aren't a genetic thing...but fraternal twins can be genetic.

LaRae

https://ghr.nlm.nih.gov/primer/traits/twins Article for anyone interested in reading it.

LaRae
Old 09-04-2017, 10:53 PM
Serene Highness

Well, here's a picture of Valerie and her sister side-by-side, do we think they were identical?

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014/...39_964x574.jpg

Sidenote, Catherine's grandfather was quite handsome.
Old 09-04-2017, 10:56 PM
Heir Apparent

Hard to tell...guess we'd have to know the particulars.

LaRae
Old 09-04-2017, 11:02 PM
Heir Apparent

At least we see where Mike got his glorious hair from.
Old 09-04-2017, 11:16 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss whirley View Post
Well, here's a picture of Valerie and her sister side-by-side, do we think they were identical?

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014/...39_964x574.jpg

Sidenote, Catherine's grandfather was quite handsome.
I think they're fraternal. Their eyes are completely different. And yes Miss Whirley - I completely agree! Peter Middleton is VERY handsome!

Another factor for twins is maternal age. Catherine is at the age now that her chances of conceiving fraternal twin is higher (almost 36). CP Mary is a perfect example of this - she and CP Frederik conceived twins when she was 38. Princess Charlene and Prince Albert II conceived twins when she was 37. My mother had twins (my twin sister and I) at 36; my elder sister had twin boys at 40.

We would need to wait a few more weeks for a twins announcement! You never know! If Catherine is pregnant with twins, would this be a first for the BRF?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippyboo View Post
At least we see where Mike got his glorious hair from.
Very true!