The Duke & Duchess of Cambridge are expecting their third child: September 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I think their team have to go to the locations as part of the planning. Once that's done, then the locations and times can be announced. The baby will factor into that of course.

I'm just so excited for the Cambridge's. I continue to pray for them and may their love and beautiful family continue to flourish.

Catherine will do her duties. On the advice of her doctors and her husband.
Congratulations to the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge. I am in awe of Catherine's willingness to endure HG for another child but surprisingly not surprised at all by this third pregnancy. It seems well-known that Catherine and probably William wanted more children. I am even going to say I will not be surprised if this is not her last.

I am, however, expecting an announcement of severely curtailed engagements throughout Catherine's pregnancy as she has already had one trip that we know of to the hospital (probably for rehydration) and there are photos of a medical emergency vehicle at KP recently.

Scheduling engagements for her from here on out is counter-productive as unlike morning sickness, Hyperemesis Gravidarum is a rather a severe complication that can last anywhere from 20 weeks to the entire pregnancy and in previous pregnancies resulted in hospitalisation on more than one occasion. She is also the mother of two small children and I believe that may be a heavy enough load to carry.

I wish that the UK had the same standard as Sweden as I remember when Princess Victoria first fell pregnant there was discussion as to whether she would follow their national parental leave allowance of 480 days paid leave, with each parent having an exclusive right to 90 of those days. The government "encouraged" she and Daniel to observe the standard.

Would that the same standard applied to the BRF as I can only imagine that being that ill for a sustained time would put huge stress on Catherine's general and mental health and expecting her to do a celebrity turn at three months, looking svelte and chic is pushing it. Celebrities only have to make selected appearances whereas once Catherine has performed her first engagement post pregnancy, many people will expect her to take on a full load.

Does this mean the royal tour they were supposed to do will be canceled, or will William just go with Harry? Or will Harry go alone?

The government just announced the entire monarchy is cancelled. Kate having a third child has created chaos throughout the world.

No one will survive if Kate misses some engagements.

Does this mean the royal tour they were supposed to do will be canceled, or will William just go with Harry? Or will Harry go alone?

I think William will still go on tour but Kate's participation will drpend on the HG and how severe and how long it lasts.

Harry has his own tour in October. The Cambridge tour is in November. Harry isn't going with them. Kate was able to go to NYC in Dec 2014 while she was pregnant with Charlotte. She just couldn't go to Japan and China in March 2015 because it was too close to her April due month.

I am even going to say I will not be surprised if this is not her last.

Me too--I think they both enjoy their children a lot. She's only 35, so a 4th child is very doable.

She is really right.... after all three children when you have a lot of staff to help with the chores (Lucky her) is no major difficulty

There's no reason to assume it will be cancelled. Harry isn't going on tour at the same time as William and Catherine. There's an announcement of some kind tomorrow.

If we go back through older threads we see the same comments over and over again.

How dare she get pregnant. She has an engagement tomorrow :lol:

It's something that make you want to scream! All they think about is duty. The woman is going to do her duties, but she have to look after herself and baby too.

The insensitivity is beyond silly.

Is there a chance that it will be twins?

??:angel:Congrats to the Cambridges and the Royal family in general. Children are blessings to be celebrated?

Last edited:
Not likely ...they don't run in the family.

LaRae

She is really right.... after all three children when you have a lot of staff to help with the chores (Lucky her) is no major difficulty

Yes and she's very fit which makes a big difference as well.

LaRae

Last edited by a moderator:
Talk about stress!

Moved house; George finding out there is this "school" thing about to happen; Charlotte looking for the chickens and hamster; Lupo always wanting "out" and Mum throwing up!

Poor William!

Me too--I think they both enjoy their children a lot. She's only 35, so a 4th child is very doable.

Same here. Kate may have unpleasant pregnancies but her deliveries seem to have been fairly routine and, from what we've heard at least, George and Charlotte don't seem to have been off the charts difficult babies or toddlers. They have the money to get whatever kind of help they want and, last but not least, they have the very close knit Middletons nearby to provide day to day help and support.

When they had a boy then a girl I thought there was a chance they might stop at two. Now that they're going for three I wouldn't be surprised if there's another baby in a few years time.

Lol, William have 3 times the amount of experience in handling this. He'll be fine.

I am so pleased for William that he gets a big, noisy happy family that's stable and by all accounts, very good at maintaining privacy. I imagine that fulfills a lot of hopes he had for his life and it's particularly nice that this happy news comes during the anniversary of the hardest time in his life.

I am so pleased for William that he gets a big, noisy happy family that's stable and by all accounts, very good at maintaining privacy. I imagine that fulfills a lot of hopes he had for his life and it's particularly nice that this happy news comes during the anniversary of the hardest time in his life.

Very nice comment, HRHHermione. I also agree. Beautiful news, for a beautiful family, during a difficult anniversary. What a blessing!

Back in 2012(?) during a tour and when asked William said he was thinking of two, so a nice surprise. Not least the difficult time Kate has had to deal with during the first trimester. If a boy, history will be made with Charlotte holding her current position in line to the throne.

Talk about stress!

Moved house; George finding out there is this "school" thing about to happen; Charlotte looking for the chickens and hamster; Lupo always wanting "out" and Mum throwing up!

Poor William!

On top of playing revolving door, there is the disgruntled Lupo with those sad puppy dog eyes peering at the members of the Cambridges asking when it is going to be *his* turn to have a sibling or two to play with and boss around.

Poor Lupo. One dog among so many humans. Nice, fun humans to be sure that always sneak him food under the table but.... ?

Did they announce the month she was due to give birth to George and Charlotte? I can't recall.

No I don't think they ever announce the month.

LaRae

It was announced Jan 14, 2013 that the baby (that was Prince George) was due in July.

Yup- they'll likely announce the due date after her 12 week scans as they did with both George and Charlotte

I guess I forgot! For some reason I didn't think they announced the month.

LaRae

I am surprised because I couldn't imagine going through that awful illness again and they have two gorgeous children. God bless her and give her strength to get through this tough time.

I am surprised because I couldn't imagine going through that awful illness again and they have two gorgeous children. God bless her and give her strength to get through this tough time.

That's the beautiful part though. She's willing to go through the illness because she and William are in love with their kids and want to make their family bigger.

My mother just heard the news. She was a little shocked that they are having another baby so soon. I said to her, "William and Catherine are busy getting busy." We had a good royal laugh.

That's the beautiful part though. She's willing to go through the illness because she and William are in love with their kids and want to make their family bigger.

Don't forget that Catherine has the means of nannies, medical staff etc that many many women don't. There are many women that had to forgo having more children due to HG simply because they could not afford to take 6-12 weeks of leave.

No one can doubt that William and Catherine live and breathe for their family, but romanticising Catherine's "sacrifice" to have a bigger family is a bit of a stretch.

I hope Catherine is feeling better and able to enjoy the first day of school for Prince George this week!

Don't forget that Catherine has the means of nannies, medical staff etc that many many women don't. There are many women that had to forgo having more children due to HG simply because they could not afford to take 6-12 weeks of leave.

No one can doubt that William and Catherine live and breathe for their family, but romanticising Catherine's "sacrifice" to have a bigger family is a bit of a stretch.

I hope Catherine is feeling better and able to enjoy the first day of school for Prince George this week!

This is so true , while she would be feeling terrible having help 24/7 would make it more bearable.

This is such wonderful news...congratulations to the family. I'm sorry to hear that Kate's suffering from HG and hope she's feeling better soon.

Not likely ...they don't run in the family.

LaRae

They actually do run in Kate's family. Her paternal grandmother was a twin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom