The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 09-04-2017, 12:40 PM
Gentry

Sweet news. I somehow have always pictured them with three kids - perhaps because of the Middleton three, and how they are so tight, and William seemed so drawn to that.

I admire Catherine going through HG again. She’s a trooper!

Old 09-04-2017, 12:52 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by O-H Anglophile View Post
Also, Sophie had James the month before she turned 43.

I also don't think there is a Royal Family tradition of two children--I think it has been somewhat circumstances and a generational thing--a lot of people have only 2 children these days.
It's well known Diana wanted more children however the marriage problems got in the way of that.

LaRae

Old 09-04-2017, 12:54 PM
Courtier

Congrats to The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and family!
Old 09-04-2017, 01:35 PM
Imperial Majesty

I think the Cambridge's will go ahead with their fall tour.

A.W. TOZER
Old 09-04-2017, 01:39 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
I think the Cambridge's will go ahead with their fall tour.

I was just wondering that ...if things would go forward. I'm guessing they will just play it by ear as they did today. If she's sick she'll have to bow out of a certain day....but I notice the fall tour has never been set/confirmed as to time/location so maybe that's why?

LaRae
Old 09-04-2017, 01:46 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

It's kind of ironic to me that the day Catherine is supposed to step up to the plate, is the day they announce she's pregnant with their third child. Basically takes her out of the equation for 18 months.

People are going to go "oh she can't help being pregnant", "do you want them to stop having kids". And the answer is no, obviously I'm pleased for them but this "step up" has been evident for ages and yet again cancellations because of HG. Something she knows she's going to have when pregnant. I'm 99.9% positive this exact scenario took place when they announced Catherine was pregnant last time, all they had to do was not announce anything. Today's engagement came out last week so they would have known she was pregnant then. I'll stop moaning before someone moans at me!
Old 09-04-2017, 01:48 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
I was just wondering that ...if things would go forward. I'm guessing they will just play it by ear as they did today. If she's sick she'll have to bow out of a certain day....but I notice the fall tour has never been set/confirmed as to time/location so maybe that's why?

LaRae
Well, I think their team have to go to the locations as part of the planning. Once that's done, then the locations and times can be announced. The baby will factor into that of course.

I'm just so excited for the Cambridge's. I continue to pray for them and may their love and beautiful family continue to flourish.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
It's kind of ironic to me that the day Catherine is supposed to step up to the plate, is the day they announce she's pregnant with their third child. Basically takes her out of the equation for 18 months.

People are going to go "oh she can't help being pregnant", "do you want them to stop having kids". And the answer is no, obviously I'm pleased for them but this "step up" has been evident for ages and yet again cancellations because of HG. Something she knows she's going to have when pregnant. I'm 99.9% positive this exact scenario took place when they announced Catherine was pregnant last time, all they had to do was not announce anything. Today's engagement came out last week so they would have known she was pregnant then. I'll stop moaning before someone moans at me!
Catherine will do her duties. On the advice of her doctors and her husband.

A.W. TOZER
Old 09-04-2017, 01:53 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empress Merel View Post
They're probably setting up their cameras right now

But congrats to them! This is unexpected. I always thought they would stop at two since the BRF tends to quit at that number. Bit of a bummer she is ill again, but that was kind of expected considering she had it with the oldest two. Hopefully it'll ease up soon and Kate will be able to enjoy her pregnancy.
What happened in previous generations is that the marriages fell apart (or ran into serious pressures, as the Queen and Philip did after her ascension) after two kids. So the news of a third Cambridge baby is especially wonderful because it tells us that the marriage is still going strong.

Assuming that hyperemesis gravidarum kicks in at 6 weeks of pregnancy I'd estimate that the pregnancy began around July 24. Which was right in the middle of my Caribbean cruise, so I don't remember what was going on in the outside world at the time, but it was probably after the state dinner and around the time of the Cambridge European tour. That would give us an estimated due date April 30th. Of course, babies keep to their own timetable.

And since I am getting into Will and Kate's personal business by guestimating the date of conception, I'll admit something personal myself. When I was packing up my dad to move him into assisted living, I found old photographs from the early years of my parents' marriage tucked in the back of the linen closet. One envelope was marked in my late mother's handwriting indicating that the pictures inside were from a trip to Las Vegas for Thanksgiving weekend the year before I was born. I was an August baby, and something clicked in my mind when I saw the dates. I did the math and it turned out that yes, I was conceived on that trip. Now I know why my dad freaks out every time I suggest going to Vegas for a weekend.
Old 09-04-2017, 01:57 PM
Serene Highness

That's wonderful news. Congratulations to the family and I hope Kate will have an easier pregnancy this time around.

Given how close Kate seems to her own siblings I'm not surprised they're having, (at least), three kids. If that means that she takes on fewer royal commitments over the next couple of years then so be it. If Charles was King and William Prince of Wales my opinion would be different but for now Kate has the luxury of being able to take some time to focus mostly on her children while they're small.
Old 09-04-2017, 01:58 PM
Heir Apparent

The Duke & Duchess of Cambridge are expecting their third child: September 2017

She isn't going to be out of the equation for 18 months. Just a few weeks for the HG to clear and a couple of months to have and recover from the baby in the spring.

The Cambridge tour isn't until November. Kate went to NYC while pregnant with Charlotte that was early December. If the tour is Scandinavia like we think it is, those are short flights from the U.K. and would probably have a lot of interactions with the hosting royal families. Imagine the discussions about early childhood issues they could have in Sweden with all the royal munchkins

KP didn't announce the dates and location of Harry's tour either and will know he isn't suffering from morning sickness
Old 09-04-2017, 02:02 PM
Heir Apparent

There is a biological finite window to having children and even then nothing is guaranteed.

I think it's disgusting to suggest engagements come before a pregnancy.
Old 09-04-2017, 02:07 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thena View Post
What happened in previous generations is that the marriages fell apart (or ran into serious pressures, as the Queen and Philip did after her ascension) after two kids. So the news of a third Cambridge baby is especially wonderful because it tells us that the marriage is still going strong.

Assuming that hyperemesis gravidarum kicks in at 6 weeks of pregnancy I'd estimate that the pregnancy began around July 24. Which was right in the middle of my Caribbean cruise, so I don't remember what was going on in the outside world at the time, but it was probably after the state dinner and around the time of the Cambridge European tour. That would give us an estimated due date April 30th. Of course, babies keep to their own timetable.

And since I am getting into Will and Kate's personal business by guestimating the date of conception, I'll admit something personal myself. When I was packing up my dad to move him into assisted living, I found old photographs from the early years of my parents' marriage tucked in the back of the linen closet. One envelope was marked in my late mother's handwriting indicating that the pictures inside were from a trip to Las Vegas for Thanksgiving weekend the year before I was born. I was an August baby, and something clicked in my mind when I saw the dates. I did the math and it turned out that yes, I was conceived on that trip. Now I know why my dad freaks out every time I suggest going to Vegas for a weekend.

The tour was done on July 21. The state dinner was even earlier in July. It's George's birthday party. It strikes again. The timing is very similar to Charlotte.
Old 09-04-2017, 02:17 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippyboo View Post
The tour was done on July 21. The state dinner was even earlier in July. It's George's birthday party. It strikes again. The timing is very similar to Charlotte.
Yes, they announced the Charlotte pregnancy in early September, too. Like Charlotte this baby is probably due late April, and if he/she goes over a bit like big sis they could both share a May 2nd birthday.
Old 09-04-2017, 02:24 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by miss whirley View Post
Yes, they announced the Charlotte pregnancy in early September, too. Like Charlotte this baby is probably due late April, and if he/she goes over a bit like big sis they could both share a May 2nd birthday.
I was thinking the same thing. I remember sitting at my cousin's kitchen table Labor Day weekend a couple years ago and seeing the announcement of Kate's 2nd pregnancy.
Old 09-04-2017, 02:25 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
Catherine will do her duties. On the advice of her doctors and her husband.
On the advice of her doctors yes, but I imagine she knows her own body better than her husband.

Quote:
She isn't going to be out of the equation for 18 months. Just a few weeks for the HG to clear and a couple of months to have and recover from the baby in the spring.

The Cambridge tour isn't until November. Kate went to NYC while pregnant with Charlotte that was early December. If the tour is Scandinavia like we think it is, those are short flights from the U.K. and would probably have a lot of interactions with the hosting royal families. Imagine the discussions about early childhood issues they could have in Sweden with all the royal munchkins

KP didn't announce the dates and location of Harry's tour either and will know he isn't suffering from morning sickness
I certainly wouldn't be expecting her to carry out the amount of engagements she would not-pregnant, when she is pregnant. Maybe I should have phrased my comment better. I also didn't say that this pregnancy would effect the future tour, I was more intrigued by the fact that last week Catherine would have known she was pregnant, and this engagement was announced and then cancelled. Exactly like what happened last time.

There's this embargoed announcement tomorrow which reporters hint is more engagements, or something to do with the upcoming tours perhaps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
I think it's disgusting to suggest engagements come before a pregnancy.
Oh of course, would you like to be more specific on which post you find so utterly disgusting because I can't see one.
Old 09-04-2017, 02:31 PM
Heir Apparent

Royal engagements take weeks if not months of planning. When Kate's schedule was being drafted she likely didn't know she was pregnant.

She looked fine at KP gardens last week.

So she either cancels everything or sees how she feels. I'm just happy for another royal baby. Critics will be critics.
Old 09-04-2017, 02:32 PM
Heir Apparent

The Duke & Duchess of Cambridge are expecting their third child: September 2017

She might have not started showing the symptoms of HG yet when the engagement was announced. It's not a given until it occurs that she would have it. With George she did an engagement at her old school right before she ended up in the hospital. The engagements of this week were probably planned several months ago. If she didn't get sick, she would have just gone to today's engagement and the baby would be announced several months from now.
Old 09-04-2017, 03:06 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

I've deleted and edited a number of posts discussing overpopulation and Prince Philip's thoughts on it. I've also moved a few posts to Kate & William's gender & names thread. Let's keep this thread on-topic. Thanks.
Old 09-04-2017, 03:49 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
Great news for the Cambridge's (and Andrew - who won't need the Queen's permission to remarry after the new baby is born).
I didn't get it. Why? Does Andrew want to marry ?
Old 09-04-2017, 04:03 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by fandesacs2003 View Post
I didn't get it. Why? Does Andrew want to marry ?
No one knows. it mostly hearsay but there a rumor that Andrew wants to remarry Sarah but that a discussion for a different thread. Oly the first 6 People in Line of Succession need The Queen Permission to Marry.