The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 09-04-2017, 11:20 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Twitter is abuzz with excitement following the announcement that the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge are expecting their third child.

Kensington Palace said in a statement posted on Twitter: "The Queen and members of both families are delighted with the news."

The Duchess is less than 12 weeks pregnant and is suffering from severe morning sickness, the palace added.
Read more: How the world reacted to William and Kate's exciting royal baby news

Old 09-04-2017, 11:23 AM
Serene Highness

Well, I always thought they'd have 3 kids, I even posted that in the number of children prediction thread. So I'm not surprised. I got to say, The Express looks foolish for publishing an article earlier this year saying they were stopping at two. Oops.

Also, speaking of the media I'm annoyed that they keep calling HG, "severe morning sickness". Ignorant and underplays the condition. They should be factual instead of lazy.

I wonder if Prince Philip is nervous that Andrew will soon not need permission to marry, with Sarah still lurking in Andrew's orbit.

Old 09-04-2017, 11:27 AM
Heir Apparent

I have always thought they'd have 4 ....so we'll see!

LaRae
Old 09-04-2017, 11:29 AM
Aristocracy

I am happy for the royal family I hope her pregnancy goes as smoothly as her 2 previous ones once she gets past this serious complication.
Old 09-04-2017, 11:32 AM
Serene Highness

So happy and surprised, I thought with the difficulty that Kate endured for the first two that they would follow the Royal family tradition of 2 children, so glad I was wrong!!! Kate is definitely stronger then me, I had this, so I only had one child. Congratulations!!!
Old 09-04-2017, 11:46 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucien View Post
Wonderfull news at the start of the week!!
Yes exactly my thoughts too,great news and best wishes!
Old 09-04-2017, 11:51 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebafan81 View Post
So happy and surprised, I thought with the difficulty that Kate endured for the first two that they would follow the Royal family tradition of 2 children, so glad I was wrong!!! Kate is definitely stronger then me, I had this, so I only had one child. Congratulations!!!
Royal tradition of only 2? The Queen had more than 2....

LaRae
Old 09-04-2017, 11:55 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
Royal tradition of only 2? The Queen had more than 2....

LaRae
Indeed.. I don't know that there's a royal tradition of two so much as a generation of royals (excepting E&S) whose marriages blew up before they had a chance to have #3.
Old 09-04-2017, 12:00 PM
Nobility

I should have known, when she had her hair cut, couple months back..
Usually her face or hair changes.
Old 09-04-2017, 12:04 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by hel View Post
Indeed.. I don't know that there's a royal tradition of two so much as a generation of royals (excepting E&S) whose marriages blew up before they had a chance to have #3.
Really only applies to Andrew. He and Fergie separated when Eugenie was barely two. Zara was 11 when her parents divorced. Harry was two when his parents marriage started crumbling but there was years before separation.

But yes it's new yo this generation any so called tradition. But speaks as much to fact families are getting smaller in size.
Old 09-04-2017, 12:09 PM
Heir Apparent

Much welcome and very good news! We were just discussing children's reactions to new sibs the other day at work. Age and experience matter. George has been through this once, so he should have a good idea of what's to come.
Charlotte will be interested, of course, but won't "get it" until the baby is born. I expect her to be poised, as always!
Congratulations Team Cambridge!
Old 09-04-2017, 12:20 PM
Nobility

Spring baby!
Old 09-04-2017, 12:24 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
Any news media setting up outside the Lindo Wing yet? Never too early to grab that prime spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyCatharine View Post
I should have known, when she had her hair cut, couple months back..
Usually her face or hair changes.
You are right! I remember seeing the photos, and for a split second, wondered if she were pregnant. I remember her cutting bangs and some layering around the face with at least one other baby.
Old 09-04-2017, 12:31 PM
Heir Presumptive

Well this is exciting and unexpected news to wake up to! Yay!
Old 09-04-2017, 12:46 PM
Courtier

Oh my God! Yes!
I’m ridiculously happy about this. Wedding and babies are my favorite things about following royals.
Two of my 2017 pregnancy predictions came true (Kate and Madeleine), now I’m convinced my others will also come true by the end of the year, Stephanie and Zara. (My outliers are Victoria and Charlene.)
Old 09-04-2017, 12:52 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamara77 View Post
Amazing! She really managed to keep this hidden so well early on. I'm sorry to hear she is so ill again, I really didn't think she would attempt a third child because of her tendency towards this horrible morning sickness. She's a trooper! I'm very happy for them and their little family.
My feeling exactly. I greatly admire her for having a third child with the probable knowledge that she would be sick again. I hope she gets better quickly and can enjoy this pregnancy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
Any news media setting up outside the Lindo Wing yet? Never too early to grab that prime spot.
Old 09-04-2017, 12:56 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by hel View Post
Also, Sophie had James the month before she turned 43.

I also don't think there is a Royal Family tradition of two children--I think it has been somewhat circumstances and a generational thing--a lot of people have only 2 children these days.
Old 09-04-2017, 01:18 PM
Aristocracy

Congratulations to TRH Duke and Duchess of Cambridge!!

Congratulation to the Cambridges! A new brother or sister for George and Charlotte.

I wish William and Kate more children, more princes and princesses. It is important to Britain, the monarchy, the family and the world.

I really believe that William will be king before Charles, and he needs his children to set a new era in the monarchy and the world.
Old 09-04-2017, 01:25 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westfield Bakery View Post
Congratulation to the Cambridges! A new brother or sister for George and Charlotte.

I wish William and Kate more children, more princes and princesses. It is important to Britain, the monarchy, the family and the world.

I really believe that William will be king before Charles, and he needs his children to set a new era in the monarchy and the world.
Important to the country and the world

Unless Charles dies before his mother, William will not be king first. Even if Charles foes give up the throne which he won't, he actually has to be king to do so. You abdicate as King.
Old 09-04-2017, 01:37 PM
Aristocracy

Ow! Congrats to the Cambridges!