The Duke & Duchess of Cambridge are expecting their third child: September 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Twitter is abuzz with excitement following the announcement that the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge are expecting their third child.

Kensington Palace said in a statement posted on Twitter: "The Queen and members of both families are delighted with the news."

The Duchess is less than 12 weeks pregnant and is suffering from severe morning sickness, the palace added.
Read more: How the world reacted to William and Kate's exciting royal baby news

Well, I always thought they'd have 3 kids, I even posted that in the number of children prediction thread. So I'm not surprised. I got to say, The Express looks foolish for publishing an article earlier this year saying they were stopping at two. Oops.

Also, speaking of the media I'm annoyed that they keep calling HG, "severe morning sickness". Ignorant and underplays the condition. They should be factual instead of lazy.

I wonder if Prince Philip is nervous that Andrew will soon not need permission to marry, with Sarah still lurking in Andrew's orbit. :lol:

I have always thought they'd have 4 ....so we'll see!

LaRae

I am happy for the royal family I hope her pregnancy goes as smoothly as her 2 previous ones once she gets past this serious complication.

:wub:?:britflag::britflag: So happy and surprised, I thought with the difficulty that Kate endured for the first two that they would follow the Royal family tradition of 2 children, so glad I was wrong!!! Kate is definitely stronger then me, I had this, so I only had one child. Congratulations!!!

:wub:?:britflag::britflag: So happy and surprised, I thought with the difficulty that Kate endured for the first two that they would follow the Royal family tradition of 2 children, so glad I was wrong!!! Kate is definitely stronger then me, I had this, so I only had one child. Congratulations!!!

Royal tradition of only 2? The Queen had more than 2....

LaRae

Royal tradition of only 2? The Queen had more than 2....

LaRae

Indeed.. I don't know that there's a royal tradition of two so much as a generation of royals (excepting E&S) whose marriages blew up before they had a chance to have #3.

I should have known, when she had her hair cut, couple months back..
Usually her face or hair changes.

Indeed.. I don't know that there's a royal tradition of two so much as a generation of royals (excepting E&S) whose marriages blew up before they had a chance to have #3.

Really only applies to Andrew. He and Fergie separated when Eugenie was barely two. Zara was 11 when her parents divorced. Harry was two when his parents marriage started crumbling but there was years before separation.

But yes it's new yo this generation any so called tradition. But speaks as much to fact families are getting smaller in size.

Much welcome and very good news! We were just discussing children's reactions to new sibs the other day at work. Age and experience matter. George has been through this once, so he should have a good idea of what's to come.
Charlotte will be interested, of course, but won't "get it" until the baby is born. I expect her to be poised, as always!
Congratulations Team Cambridge!

Last edited:
Any news media setting up outside the Lindo Wing yet? Never too early to grab that prime spot. :hiding:

????

I should have known, when she had her hair cut, couple months back..
Usually her face or hair changes.

You are right! I remember seeing the photos, and for a split second, wondered if she were pregnant. I remember her cutting bangs and some layering around the face with at least one other baby.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well this is exciting and unexpected news to wake up to! Yay!

Oh my God! Yes!
I’m ridiculously happy about this:clap:. Wedding and babies are my favorite things about following royals.
Two of my 2017 pregnancy predictions came true (Kate and Madeleine), now I’m convinced my others will also come true by the end of the year, Stephanie and Zara. (My outliers are Victoria and Charlene.)

Amazing! She really managed to keep this hidden so well early on. I'm sorry to hear she is so ill again, I really didn't think she would attempt a third child because of her tendency towards this horrible morning sickness. She's a trooper! I'm very happy for them and their little family.

My feeling exactly. I greatly admire her for having a third child with the probable knowledge that she would be sick again. I hope she gets better quickly and can enjoy this pregnancy.

Any news media setting up outside the Lindo Wing yet? Never too early to grab that prime spot. :hiding:

:lol::lol::lol:

Also, Sophie had James the month before she turned 43.

I also don't think there is a Royal Family tradition of two children--I think it has been somewhat circumstances and a generational thing--a lot of people have only 2 children these days.

Last edited:
Congratulations to TRH Duke and Duchess of Cambridge!!

Congratulation to the Cambridges! A new brother or sister for George and Charlotte.

I wish William and Kate more children, more princes and princesses. It is important to Britain, the monarchy, the family and the world.

I really believe that William will be king before Charles, and he needs his children to set a new era in the monarchy and the world.

Congratulation to the Cambridges! A new brother or sister for George and Charlotte.

I wish William and Kate more children, more princes and princesses. It is important to Britain, the monarchy, the family and the world.

I really believe that William will be king before Charles, and he needs his children to set a new era in the monarchy and the world.

Important to the country and the world :ohmy:

Unless Charles dies before his mother, William will not be king first. Even if Charles foes give up the throne which he won't, he actually has to be king to do so. You abdicate as King.

Ow! Congrats to the Cambridges!

Sweet news. I somehow have always pictured them with three kids - perhaps because of the Middleton three, and how they are so tight, and William seemed so drawn to that.

I admire Catherine going through HG again. She’s a trooper!

Also, Sophie had James the month before she turned 43.

I also don't think there is a Royal Family tradition of two children--I think it has been somewhat circumstances and a generational thing--a lot of people have only 2 children these days.

It's well known Diana wanted more children however the marriage problems got in the way of that.

LaRae

Congrats to The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and family!

I think the Cambridge's will go ahead with their fall tour.

I think the Cambridge's will go ahead with their fall tour.

I was just wondering that ...if things would go forward. I'm guessing they will just play it by ear as they did today. If she's sick she'll have to bow out of a certain day....but I notice the fall tour has never been set/confirmed as to time/location so maybe that's why?

LaRae

It's kind of ironic to me that the day Catherine is supposed to step up to the plate, is the day they announce she's pregnant with their third child. Basically takes her out of the equation for 18 months.

People are going to go "oh she can't help being pregnant", "do you want them to stop having kids". And the answer is no, obviously I'm pleased for them but this "step up" has been evident for ages and yet again cancellations because of HG. Something she knows she's going to have when pregnant. I'm 99.9% positive this exact scenario took place when they announced Catherine was pregnant last time, all they had to do was not announce anything. Today's engagement came out last week so they would have known she was pregnant then. I'll stop moaning before someone moans at me! :lol:

I was just wondering that ...if things would go forward. I'm guessing they will just play it by ear as they did today. If she's sick she'll have to bow out of a certain day....but I notice the fall tour has never been set/confirmed as to time/location so maybe that's why?

LaRae

Well, I think their team have to go to the locations as part of the planning. Once that's done, then the locations and times can be announced. The baby will factor into that of course.

I'm just so excited for the Cambridge's. I continue to pray for them and may their love and beautiful family continue to flourish.

It's kind of ironic to me that the day Catherine is supposed to step up to the plate, is the day they announce she's pregnant with their third child. Basically takes her out of the equation for 18 months.

People are going to go "oh she can't help being pregnant", "do you want them to stop having kids". And the answer is no, obviously I'm pleased for them but this "step up" has been evident for ages and yet again cancellations because of HG. Something she knows she's going to have when pregnant. I'm 99.9% positive this exact scenario took place when they announced Catherine was pregnant last time, all they had to do was not announce anything. Today's engagement came out last week so they would have known she was pregnant then. I'll stop moaning before someone moans at me! :lol:

Catherine will do her duties. On the advice of her doctors and her husband.

Last edited:
They're probably setting up their cameras right now

But congrats to them! This is unexpected. I always thought they would stop at two since the BRF tends to quit at that number. Bit of a bummer she is ill again, but that was kind of expected considering she had it with the oldest two. Hopefully it'll ease up soon and Kate will be able to enjoy her pregnancy.
What happened in previous generations is that the marriages fell apart (or ran into serious pressures, as the Queen and Philip did after her ascension) after two kids. So the news of a third Cambridge baby is especially wonderful because it tells us that the marriage is still going strong.

Assuming that hyperemesis gravidarum kicks in at 6 weeks of pregnancy I'd estimate that the pregnancy began around July 24. Which was right in the middle of my Caribbean cruise, so I don't remember what was going on in the outside world at the time, but it was probably after the state dinner and around the time of the Cambridge European tour. That would give us an estimated due date April 30th. Of course, babies keep to their own timetable.

And since I am getting into Will and Kate's personal business by guestimating the date of conception, I'll admit something personal myself. When I was packing up my dad to move him into assisted living, I found old photographs from the early years of my parents' marriage tucked in the back of the linen closet. One envelope was marked in my late mother's handwriting indicating that the pictures inside were from a trip to Las Vegas for Thanksgiving weekend the year before I was born. I was an August baby, and something clicked in my mind when I saw the dates. I did the math and it turned out that yes, I was conceived on that trip. Now I know why my dad freaks out every time I suggest going to Vegas for a weekend. :lol:

That's wonderful news. Congratulations to the family and I hope Kate will have an easier pregnancy this time around.

Given how close Kate seems to her own siblings I'm not surprised they're having, (at least), three kids. If that means that she takes on fewer royal commitments over the next couple of years then so be it. If Charles was King and William Prince of Wales my opinion would be different but for now Kate has the luxury of being able to take some time to focus mostly on her children while they're small.

The Duke & Duchess of Cambridge are expecting their third child: September 2017

She isn't going to be out of the equation for 18 months. Just a few weeks for the HG to clear and a couple of months to have and recover from the baby in the spring.

The Cambridge tour isn't until November. Kate went to NYC while pregnant with Charlotte that was early December. If the tour is Scandinavia like we think it is, those are short flights from the U.K. and would probably have a lot of interactions with the hosting royal families. Imagine the discussions about early childhood issues they could have in Sweden with all the royal munchkins

KP didn't announce the dates and location of Harry's tour either and will know he isn't suffering from morning sickness

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom