The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-03-2017, 08:45 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
I doubt that Edward and Sophie would have had a third if the first hadn't ended the way it did for the simple reason that Sophie nearly died having Louise.

As for Charles and Diana - Charles only ever wanted two. It was Diana who wanted three and after Charles had the second he was gone so he would never have had a third anyway.

I do find it strange to be having a third when Charles reportedly, with William's agreement, wants a smaller royal family when the main reason it is so large now is that George V and Elizabeth II each had so many kids. Having a third means a larger family in the future rather than it getting smaller - although they could just limit 'duties' to the monarch and spouse and heir and spouse and tell the others 'get real jobs and stick at them until you retire' and that would give the BRF the smaller look that Charles believes the people want.
Same here

Old 10-03-2017, 08:53 PM
Majesty

Does anyone really think that Charles would dictate to William and Catherine how many children they can have?

This is one of the daftest things I've read.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 10-03-2017, 08:56 PM
Heir Apparent

This is the first time I've heard that said (the above post by Bertie)....and I don't think it's true either.

LaRae
Old 10-03-2017, 09:04 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
Does anyone really think that Charles would dictate to William and Catherine how many children they can have?

This is one of the daftest things I've read.
Agree entirely. There's a difference between streamlining the number of family members working as full-time royals and dictating to your children how many kids they get to have. A world of difference.
Old 10-03-2017, 10:00 PM
Aristocracy

Has Charles actually ever stated that he wants to streamline the monarchy or is that a case of "sources say" and then the speculations became facts?
Old 10-03-2017, 10:04 PM
Heir Apparent

It's all sources say as far as I know.

LaRae
Old 10-03-2017, 10:13 PM
Nobility

Actually, there's an argument to be made that if Elizabeth and Bertie had had one or two more kids, there'd be a smaller working RF right now.

One of the reasons the Gloucesters and various and sundry Kents are working members of the RF now is that when the King died, Elizabeth had only herself, her mother, her husband and her sister to do the work.

If she'd had a sibling more or two, those siblings would have been drafted and would by now likely be either retired or shuffled off this mortal coil, leaving HM, her kids, and W/K/H.
Old 10-03-2017, 10:35 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by hel View Post
Actually, there's an argument to be made that if Elizabeth and Bertie had had one or two more kids, there'd be a smaller working RF right now.

One of the reasons the Gloucesters and various and sundry Kents are working members of the RF now is that when the King died, Elizabeth had only herself, her mother, her husband and her sister to do the work.

If she'd had a sibling more or two, those siblings would have been drafted and would by now likely be either retired or shuffled off this mortal coil, leaving HM, her kids, and W/K/H.
Good points hel. Had Bertie and Elizabeth had a larger family then it would have changed the line up of who is considered part of the working BRF. Imagine if one had been a boy and we'd be viewing HRH Princess Elizabeth of to the side of the balcony while her younger brother would be waving to the crowd.
Old 10-03-2017, 11:38 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by akina21 View Post
Has Charles actually ever stated that he wants to streamline the monarchy or is that a case of "sources say" and then the speculations became facts?
Quick reply as it is off topic but no he hasn't.

Some time ago (ie 20 years or so) a spokesperson for PoW mentioned it in passing and it was taken up by the UK media as the "holy Grail" of future monarchy. This tale was added to by the limited number of people on the balcony at the Queens last Jubilee.

There's a thread about it - I think its "Monarchy under Charles". I'd try and do a link but I'm rubbish at that sort of thing.

Mods - just helping someone, please don't tell us off!

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 10-03-2017, 11:54 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
This is the first time I've heard that said (the above post by Bertie)....and I don't think it's true either.

LaRae
I think the large number of working royals is due to the fortunate longevity of members of the royal family. Many family do not have so many older members alive, much less still vital and active. George will need siblings to help out--most all the folks working now will be gone.
Old 10-04-2017, 08:29 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
Quick reply as it is off topic but no he hasn't.

Some time ago (ie 20 years or so) a spokesperson for PoW mentioned it in passing and it was taken up by the UK media as the "holy Grail" of future monarchy. This tale was added to by the limited number of people on the balcony at the Queens last Jubilee.

There's a thread about it - I think its "Monarchy under Charles". I'd try and do a link but I'm rubbish at that sort of thing.

Mods - just helping someone, please don't tell us off!

Monarchy after Elizabeth: The Monarchy after Elizabeth II

Monarchy under Charles: The Monarchy under Charles
Old 10-05-2017, 10:33 AM
Imperial Majesty

Good Info on HG:
Duchess of Cambridge and effect of severe morning sickness | Daily Mail Online

A.W. TOZER
Old 10-05-2017, 10:41 AM
Heir Apparent

I hope this passes quickly!

LaRae
Old 10-05-2017, 11:01 AM
Imperial Majesty

I really think Catherine’s experiences with HG (for the third time) could allow her to be a voice for those women who once suffered or who are currently suffering from hyperemesis gravidarum. It’s not an illness that’s widely known and I think all of this presents her with an opportunity to help shine a light on the seriousness of this morning sickness.

A.W. TOZER
Old 10-05-2017, 11:59 AM
Heir Apparent

Yes I wonder if she will get involved with a pregnancy group etc.

LaRae
Old 10-12-2017, 11:06 AM
Heir Apparent

Op/Ed article on Kate. The writer takes note of the criticism of her weight and appearance at the reception on Tuesday evening.

Let us all stop harping on the Duchess of Cambridge, shall we? – Royal Central
Old 10-15-2017, 12:06 AM
Imperial Majesty

The Pressures of being a Pregnant Princess:
https://www.thedailybeast.com/kate-m...gnant-princess

A.W. TOZER
Old 10-15-2017, 12:27 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
I really think Catherine’s experiences with HG (for the third time) could allow her to be a voice for those women who once suffered or who are currently suffering from hyperemesis gravidarum. It’s not an illness that’s widely known and I think all of this presents her with an opportunity to help shine a light on the seriousness of this morning sickness.
There is at least one charity in the UK for it. I am sure they could only benefit from some support from Kate. Could really bring some attention to the cause. The fact some people think its not a huge issue or one very few people have, tells that its something that needs speaking about.
Old 10-17-2017, 10:49 AM
Majesty

April it is!
Old 10-17-2017, 10:55 AM
Heir Apparent

Did you see an announcement muriel?

LaRae