The Duchess of Cambridge: Will she become more popular than Diana?

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tipha01

Country
France
Kate Midd. is already popular in mags & media. do you think if she married to william, she will be a bew Diana and will make covers of magazine during all her life? Or the media won't reproduce the same "plan" like with diana?

Last edited by a moderator:
I do not think that Kate will generate more hype than Diana or be the cover girl of more magazines. Not because I think Diana is better/prettier than Kate (let's leave that out of this one) but I think everyone learned from Diana's turbulent relationship with the media. I think Kate and William will try to avoid excess coverage and try not to court the media. While they can't really help what's being published about them, I don't think they will give a lot of voluntary photo shoots and interviews unless it's for serious damage control and/or a big event like an engagement.

No, I don't think so... I doubt....

I don't think she will be the new Diana in the respect that i don't think Kate will ever court the media and be dependent on it like Diana was during her lifetime. I think Kate is on the right track to be a popular asset to the royal family as she is doing all the right things as discreetly as possible. If she did end up marrying William then inevitably as the wife of the future heir to the throne she will grace alot of magazine covers and get alot of coverage and attention but i think she will handle it all alot better than Diana ever did. So to answer your question do i think she will be the new Diana, no i don't think she will. I think she will be a better Diana, all of Diana's good points but without the flaws that she had.

i would agree with posts but Kate not yet as Princess but Diana still as legacy Princess and she still popular Princess since her marriages to Prince Charles in 1981

I don't think she will be. But the press/media will "try" and make her into the next Diana.

I think what made Diana, Diana, was how well known she was throughout the world, simply because she married into the British Royal Family. I have little doubt that Kate will take on the same wold recognition (not only because she is marrying into the most well know monarchy in the world, but also because she would be marrying Prince William).

I personally think Kate would make an amazing Princess. She's discreet, private, and seems rather level headed. Plus she makes William happy (as far as we know!) All of the women in CP (or future Queen) positions are doing amazing jobs for their countries, and I don't doubt Kate would not be of the same calliber as the others.

The world has learned from Diana's mistakes...(well at least the world of Royals!) they don't force anyone into marraiges, there is no courting of the press. Families are more open with the press (so as not to encourage the press to chase them). I think the world has come so far past the days of Princess Diana and Prince Charles, that there really is no comparison. I don't think there can be another Princess Diana, simply because the women in her role now have learned and grown, and aren't putting themselves in the position of "media courter"

tipha01 said:
Kate Midd. is already popular in mags & media. do you think if she married to william, she will be a bew Diana and will make covers of magazine during all her life? Or the media won't reproduce the same "plan" like with diana?

Tipha01, for a newbie you know how to stir trouble.

Diana was one of a kind, and so is every Princess before and after her. And I'm sure she would have been delighted to met William's Kate.

"...The same plan like with Diana" ? :confused:

They so called media's job is to sell magazines or news, whoever is hot is hot until the next best thing comes along. I'm out of here since I feel where this thread will lead up. :cool:

Last edited:
I believe she will be as popular ad late Princess Diana was, or even more popular, but in different way, that is if she ever marries Prince William (and I hope she will). Princess Diana was and is surrounded by some fairy-tale atmosphere, everything connected with her is almost a legend, while Kate is different. She is more down to earth, more like next-door girl then Princess. But Kate is capabe of great things, I mean she can do a lot of useful and important things for the UK. She is smart and beautiful and elegant and she loves Prince William.
I don't doubt that she will be very much loved as a Princess and as a Queen.

I don't think she will be as popular as Diana, or at least she won't be sought after as much as Diana was, because I feel the worlds obsession with Diana was a one off, meaning Diana was a one off.

Nevertheless, I feel she will be a paparazzi favourite, just not on the scale that Diana was.

I hope not, because I don't want to see her or any other girl treated by the press the way Diana was.

I really don't think there will ever be another princess (from any of the monarchies) that will be as revered and renowned as Diana.

tipha01 said:

surely, media will try to make a new Diana of Kate, though I c her as a down to earth woman, a solid, strong woman, while our beloved Di was so frail, even in her appearence, she blushed so easily in the first times, she was shy, at first, when I saw her on the day of her wed, she looked just as a fairytale creature, what have they got in common the 2s? nothing at all! this makes me think.... how come William chose a woman so different from his late mum, it's obvious Kate will do very good in the Establishment..... where Di failed on the whole- maybe, that's why Wills chose her-

Last edited:
Britters said:
I think what made Diana, Diana, was how well known she was throughout the world, simply because she married into the British Royal Family. I have little doubt that Kate will take on the same wold recognition (not only because she is marrying into the most well know monarchy in the world, but also because she would be marrying Prince William).

I personally think Kate would make an amazing Princess. She's discreet, private, and seems rather level headed. Plus she makes William happy (as far as we know!) All of the women in CP (or future Queen) positions are doing amazing jobs for their countries, and I don't doubt Kate would not be of the same calliber as the others.

The world has learned from Diana's mistakes...(well at least the world of Royals!) they don't force anyone into marraiges, there is no courting of the press. Families are more open with the press (so as not to encourage the press to chase them). I think the world has come so far past the days of Princess Diana and Prince Charles, that there really is no comparison. I don't think there can be another Princess Diana, simply because the women in her role now have learned and grown, and aren't putting themselves in the position of "media courter"

well, Kate will marry a man who is in love with her, he himself chose her, while dDi was not chosen by her future hubby, she was not even wanted by Charles as his own wife, , she was given by her family to P. Charles, Lady Fermoy and Queen Mum planned it all, she was only 19, not at all experienced, no1 who could advice her, having her no mum, or better she had a mother who only minded her own business, and ,being so naive, she thought she would have been able to make her hubby forget Cam and love her, instead -

Toledo said:
Tipha01, for a newbie you know how to stir trouble.

Diana was one of a kind, and so is every Princess before and after her. And I'm sure she would have been delighted to met William's Kate.

"...The same plan like with Diana" ? :confused:

They so called media's job is to sell magazines or news, whoever is hot is hot until the next best thing comes along. I'm out of here since I feel where this thread will lead up. :cool:

I agree with u, I'm old enough to remember media tormenting por Caroline of Monaco, when she was young, say, from her early teens, she was chased everywhere, she meant news...... in the end, Caroline strongly despises photographers now, never gives any interviews, etc. when she was 40, she even asked media not to mention her b-day on mags -

how come Wills has chosen a totally diff woman from his late mum ? Is he afraid a woman like Di was , who is to be the future P. of Wales would go through what Di had to ? Kate will do very good in the Establishment, where Diana failed on the whole-

I don't think so. Princess Diana had do a lot of things that make her so popular.
IMO, Kate doesn't do the same thing as Diana (until now). if she become a princess, i think she can't be popular like Diana...

Britters said:
I think what made Diana, Diana, was how well known she was throughout the world, simply because she married into the British Royal Family. I have little doubt that Kate will take on the same world recognition
I don't think there can be another Princess Diana, simply because the women in her role now have learned and grown, and aren't putting themselves in the position of "media courtier"

Very well said IMO. You seem to have covered it all!:D

NO.:)
No, I don't think Kate will be EVER more popular than Diana, even if it's in the matter of newspaper sales rather than on public opinion. Kate just doesn't have that charisma or "charm" Diana had when she got married to Prince Charles. I read in a pervious thread that many people dub Kate as a "middle class women." I don't know anyone whose bank account has more than $5 million dollars and lives in a $2 million dollar house and calls themselves a member of a middle class. Diana, on the other hand truly was a middle class girl, which made people relate to her even more. I, personally don't find my self relating to Kate. She seems one of those rich girls who had it all and were given more. Diana on the other hand was someone who you wanted to succeed because she was also coming from nothing. I don't know, I just don't see Kate being MORE or even AS famous as Diana.:) ;)

I don't think she will be more popular than Diana, we don't even know if William will marry kate and even if he does I don't think she will generate as much press as Diana did. Plus Diana was in the game for 16 years, Kate's only been in for 2? Diana is and was an icon I don't think Kate will be an icon, if she even marries William.

Laraib said:
...I read in a pervious thread that many people dub Kate as a "middle class women." I don't know anyone whose bank account has more than $5 million dollars and lives in a $2 million dollar house and calls themselves a member of a middle class. Diana, on the other hand truly was a middle class girl, which made people relate to her even more... Diana...was someone who you wanted to succeed because she was also coming from nothing.
No disrespect, but have I missed something here? Diana middle class? Coming from nothing? Diana was a true English Aristocrat. Her grandmother was a confidante of the Queen Mother; her father was the senior Earl of England and the head of one of the country's most noble families; her early years were spent at Sandringham, on the estate of the Queen of England; she then lived at Althorp, one of the great manor houses of England; she was a Lady of the Land; and her family was (is!) rich.

Whatever Diana was, she could never be described as "middle class" or "coming from nothing". :)

Warren said:
No disrespect, but have I missed something here? Diana middle class? Coming from nothing? Diana was a true English Aristocrat. Her grandmother was a confidante of the Queen Mother; her father was the senior Earl of England and the head of one of the country's most noble families; her early years were spent at Sandringham, on the estate of the Queen of England; she then lived at Althorp, one of the great manor houses of England; she was a Lady of the Land; and her family was (is!) rich.

Whatever Diana was, she could never be described as "middle class" or "coming from nothing". :)

Even I have to agree with most of what you have written but, the family didn't have liquid assets or a massive portfolio, that's why Johnny and Rayne had to sell some of the heirlooms.:)

No Diana was not middle class, nor is Kate considered upper class.:)

i think kate will get a lot of media coverage, as the royal family of britain is one of the most famous ones (even people who don't know anything about royalty know queen elizabeth, lady di and her children, specially william), so it's obvious that anyone marrying william will get media coverage and be known all over the world, but anyone, not just kate. moreover, william is one of the most beautiful royal bachelors... and the girl marrying him will be watched everytime, every second. in some way it's the same story that happened with mathilde, mette marit, maxima, mary and letizia, but bigger knowing that she will be part of one of the oldest and most popular monarchies.
however, the stories of these 5 princesses aren't as popular as diana's was. diana was a myth from end to beggining and even when she passed away, she is still remembered and people go on talking about her in the media practically everytime. that's hard to archieve, and i doubt any of the european princesses or kate in case she marries william will archieve, they would need to work really hard to get the "new lady di" title... :)

carlota said:
i think kate will get a lot of media coverage, as the royal family of britain is one of the most famous ones (even people who don't know anything about royalty know queen elizabeth),

Yes, that's true.:)

diana was a myth from end to beggining and even when she passed away, she is still remembered and people go on talking about her in the media practically everytime. that's hard to archieve, and i doubt any of the european princesses or kate in case she marries william will archieve, they would need to work really hard to get the "new lady di" title... :)

Diana only became a celebrity when she married Charles, before that she was, as a youngest daughter, virtually unknown to anyone not in her family's circle of friends.
We don't want another lady di and I wouldn't think the rest of Europe would want one either, one did enough damage for a life time. Many in the UK want our stiff upper lip royal family back.:) Always there, sticking to the rules and protocol that we expect of them.:)

Without saying to much Yes she will be more popular but I Also belive shell handle it better (and thats nothing against Di whome i Admire) and be more of a good thing for the Royal with regard to charities and everything else :)

Warren said:

What do you guys consider "upper class"? To me $5 million is pretty "upper class" living in a house of 5 bedrooms is "upper class". I don't know, I consider Kate upper class.;) :)

Laraib said:
What do you guys consider "upper class"? To me $5 million is pretty "upper class" living in a house of 5 bedrooms is "upper class". I don't know, I consider Kate upper class.;) :)

I think she would be best described as upper middle class!:D IMO

Warren said:

When Di married Charles, media read that she had even more " blue blood" than her future hubby, she descends from King James the II and The Spencer- Churchill Family, the same of sir W. Churchill, was a very prominent Family, at the times of the war hero, Lord John Churchill, whose wife Sarah was the best friend of Queen Anne, Lady Sarah had an enormous ominous influence on Q. Anne.

Warren said:

PS- I suggest you search for Blenheim Palace on the Net, it's in Woodstock, near Oxford.

emily62_1 said:
When Di married Charles, media read that she had even more " blue blood" than her future hubby, she descends from King James the II and The Spencer- Churchill Family, the same of sir W. Churchill, was a very prominent Family, at the times of the war hero, Lord John Churchill, whose wife Sarah was the best friend of Queen Anne, Lady Sarah had an enormous ominous influence on Q. Anne.

Unless we are able to do DNA tests back to James II and we disregard the rumours that abounded about Frances and her gentlemen friends, we cannot prove one way or the other whether Diana is descended from James II.

What any of this has to do with will Kate be more popular, escapes me.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom