The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 01-15-2012, 06:29 AM
Heir Apparent

More populat than Diana? I don't think so: Diana had an amazing charisma and very tender heart; there will be no other Princess like her.

Old 01-15-2012, 05:59 PM
Heir Presumptive

Turning back to the topic, information from twitter(Robert Jobson):
"Madonna has revealed that she would like to make a movie of Prince William and Kate.I think maybe it is too soon to make a film about William and Kate but I definitely would if I could wait a decade first," Madonna said."I like Kate Middleton and think she's quite chic and intelligent. I hope she's a fan of mine, too," Madonna said.

Old 01-16-2012, 06:06 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lenora View Post
Turning back to the topic, information from twitter(Robert Jobson):
"Madonna has revealed that she would like to make a movie of Prince William and Kate.I think maybe it is too soon to make a film about William and Kate but I definitely would if I could wait a decade first," Madonna said."I like Kate Middleton and think she's quite chic and intelligent. I hope she's a fan of mine, too," Madonna said.
Rather bold of Madge, IMO.
Old 01-16-2012, 06:21 PM
Royal Highness

Whatever you may think about Madonnas music or artistic value,she is a highly successful businesslady-a movie about William&Catherine is going to sell out,no matter if itīs good or bad.
That said,I hope that Madonna will find something else to do because IMHO there are many directors who are more qualified for making a film that will do them justice.
Old 01-16-2012, 06:52 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by blauerengel View Post
Whatever you may think about Madonnas music or artistic value,she is a highly successful businesslady-a movie about William&Catherine is going to sell out,no matter if itīs good or bad.
That said,I hope that Madonna will find something else to do because IMHO there are many directors who are more qualified for making a film that will do them justice.
Oh I have the utmost respect for Madge. Janet Jackson has more talent in her pinky than Madonna has in her person however no one has worked harder to get where she is than Madonna. That being said, I still think it rather bold of Madge to cast that remark out there to see what she can fish out of the Windsor sea.
Old 01-16-2012, 07:17 PM
Royal Highness

I totally agree,Madonna is very ambitious,hard-working and disciplined & she is always saying what is on her mind...often she is just saying stuff that is bold or controversial to get a top story.
I donīt believe there will be a William&Catherine movie in the close future,but Madonna could write a song for Catherine,would be fun
Old 01-16-2012, 07:35 PM
Serene Highness

Making a movie on the duke and duchess of Cambridge would be nice but I just don't think it's the right time.
Old 01-16-2012, 08:11 PM
Heir Presumptive

Don't think Madonna would do directorial justice to an epic film on wills and Kate, sorry!
Old 02-20-2012, 06:45 PM
Serene Highness

I wonder why Diana is always brought up in these articles? It's almost as though on her own Kate has no substance, cannot be taken seriously. She must always be measured against Diana - in whatever way is decided. Purely subjective, of course. Its as though its only through Diana that Kate's actions can have any merit. As long as she is comparing favorably with Diana she is doing okay. Is this fair to the woman? Why do they do it?

I do like the more classic ensemble she chose this time. Much better.
Old 02-20-2012, 07:05 PM
Heir Apparent

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyger View Post
I wonder why Diana is always brought up in these articles? It's almost as though on her own Kate has no substance, cannot be taken seriously. She must always be measured against Diana - in whatever way is decided. Purely subjective, of course. Its as though its only through Diana that Kate's actions can have any merit. As long as she is comparing favorably with Diana she is doing okay. Is this fair to the woman? Why do they do it?

I do like the more classic ensemble she chose this time. Much better.
Perhaps its a remnant of the cashcowmania that Diana was good for during her years after her marriage into the royal family. There are still quite a few people out there that will eat up anything and everything that has to do with her. For the most part, looking at straight journalistic reporting on the various events and engagements that Kate has done, very little comparisons are made.

Will the comparisons be there I wonder when Harry marries and his wife begins to do royal engagements? Perhaps it will be even more critical as she'll not only be compared to Diana but also to Kate. We'll see when the time comes.
Old 02-20-2012, 07:33 PM
Heir Presumptive

I hope this doesn't come off as disrespectful to her fans, but I am far over Diana. If Kate never takes after Diana in anyway I feel it would be a good thing. I hate that in ever article about Kate, Diana is constantly brought up. Maybe its because her supporters in the media are still in charge of the writing of these articles and just can't letitgo.
Jaqueline Bouvier Kennedy, September 12, 1953
Countess Stephanie of Belgium October 20, 2012
Old 02-20-2012, 08:45 PM
Heir Apparent

I'm right with you on that one! Diana was Diana, with charisma to burn but, am I right in thinking this year is the 15th anniversary of her death? Poor Catherine, forever compared to a women who died when she was only 14 years old. Forever coming up short against an "Angel" frozen in time!

As to whether she will become more popular than Diana? With time and age and the growing technological wonders of broadband, cell phones that snap pictures in a thrice and social networking sites coming out our ears . . . . to be honest I don't really know but I suspect she will be known by more people because of the saturation exposure.

I hope she is popular and successful in her own right. I wonder, is that too much to ask?
Old 02-21-2012, 02:45 AM
Heir Apparent

I don't think it's too much to ask at all. There will always be the "haters", who will never be pleased; but from what I can see, Kate is doing a fine job. She has what appears to be a genuine desire to help where she can and has a great rapport with the people she meets. Children seem to love her. I don't think we'll see her make the same mistakes that Diana did--talking to reporters behind the scenes and flirting with the camera. She seems to have the royal trick of seeming not to even notice the cameras, which I think is the mark of a secure individual.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
I hope she is popular and successful in her own right. I wonder, is that too much to ask?
Old 02-21-2012, 03:03 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyger View Post
I wonder why Diana is always brought up in these articles?
I wonder the same,as far as I know she is DEAD.And to compare the late D with Catherine,well,almost constitutes an insult to the Duchess of Cambridge's abilities and substance on matters while the girl nobody seems to get over...(says a lot on the mental states...)...was albeit a beautifull Lady,more of a manipulating fashion doll then anything else,besides being a wonderfull mother to her boys,yes...but apart from that....a bubble...
Old 02-21-2012, 03:56 AM
Courtier

The big question here is "Does Kate need to be more popular than Diana?" The most important factor is that she is a loving and supportive wife to William and a good mother to their future children. Diana will always be remembered for her love and warmth and the way in which she reached out to so many people. However, in time to come, I am sure Catherine will indeed find her own path and also touch lives in her own special way.
Old 02-21-2012, 06:38 AM
Royal Highness

Let's hope she will never be as popular as Diana was, as it was not only Diana's glamour but her suffering which together formed that certain fascination people (have) had with her. I hope Catherine will always be known as happy and content with her choice of life, her husband and family.
Old 02-21-2012, 11:11 AM
Serene Highness

Now let us not compare these two wonderful ladies. Kate is beautiful and the late Diana was Also beautiful and , honestly would it really be that bad if Kate got to the same popularity as her late mother in law because Kate is already popular but getting as popular as Diana would be good, Kate makes William happy which what Diana wanted for her boys and like Diana is married to an heir and will one day become Queen. Diana and Kate was/is respectively beautiful and two women William loves.
Old 02-21-2012, 11:27 AM
Heir Presumptive

I hope she doesn't become another Diana - one was quite enough thank you very much.

Kate appears to have the ability to connect with people and bring joy to those she meets in her duties. Anyone seeing the faces of those who have met her over the last few engagements can see that. She gets lots of positive media attention, not just in the UK but all over the world.

Allied to all that, she appears to have the maturity and common sense that Diana never developed. She seems to understand her position in a way Diana never did. I cannot ever imagine Kate letting the Queen down in the same way Diana did and for that I am very, very thankful.
Old 02-24-2012, 07:19 AM
Nobility

I think Kate is a lovely lady but she and Diana are two totally different people so I don't think she'll be more popular than Diana.
Old 07-07-2012, 03:59 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucien View Post
I wonder the same,as far as I know she is DEAD.And to compare the late D with Catherine,well,almost constitutes an insult to the Duchess of Cambridge's abilities and substance on matters while the girl nobody seems to get over...(says a lot on the mental states...)...was albeit a beautifull Lady,more of a manipulating fashion doll then anything else,besides being a wonderfull mother to her boys,yes...but apart from that....a bubble...
it's actually an insult to the memory of Lady Diana this comparison. Diana Spencer, a woman of strong character, tender heart, independence, being compared to a lady that has never even worked in her entire life...really?

They will never stand the same position. If there was even a risk, the Queen would have never allowed such marriage. She is the last person in the earth who wants a Diana reloaded.

Tags
celebrity, diana princess of wales, kate middleton, princess diana