The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-22-2011, 02:09 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonk View Post
At lot of readers did comment on the spelling or rather the misspelling that occurs in many DM articles. My spelling is awful as well..thank goodness for spell check.

But you are right...there are a number of people railing on her for spelling mistake or grammatical error..whatever...you would have thought she kicked a cat.
My spelling is very good and I have a built-in-the-flesh spell checker , but even I make mistakes at times. Especially when I'm tired...

Old 06-22-2011, 02:19 PM
Nobility

Of to Tower with her at once!!!!

Wow, now it seems to start. At the ARK gala, she could walk on water, but now she is hazzeled for a spelling mistake. How short a memory the editors have. They seem hell bend on creating a new meal ticket, since the old one has been dead for a while.

Old 07-18-2011, 09:21 AM
Courtier

I certainly do think Kate will be a very "watched" member of the royal family. She is already loved by most and has a lovely natural way about her. I think she will certainly be popular and very talked about but in a different way to Diana. If kate does become the new Princess of Wales, obviously the media will be all over the show. I think William and Kate would prefer to have a quieter life but do also seem to be aware of public demands that their role will require.
Old 07-18-2011, 06:27 PM
Heir Apparent

They do seem to be adapting well, but I hope it is at least another 10 years before they have to take on the burden of being Prince & Princess of Wales. Let then have time to adjust to married life and perhaps start a family together before everything falls onto their shoulders.
Old 07-18-2011, 07:09 PM
Heir Presumptive

It's hard to say.Anyway I believe this kind of popularity will be different.The question is if Kate really needs it,I think she doesn't.I think a better question would be if William and Kate as a young and strong couple be more popular than his parents both did and I think they will,the Canadian Tour has proved it.
After all Diana came before this nice couple with something new for royals,she opened symbolically the gateway for them.
Old 09-18-2011, 02:51 PM
Aristocracy

I don't really think that Kate will be as popular as diana was ... she's way too far from diana, there's no comparison. in my opinion, if she's ever been popular "which is actually happening" is because of her husband's popularity......
Old 09-18-2011, 04:57 PM
Heir Apparent

The people who saw her in person in Canada this summer would disagree with you. People were very impressed with her compassion, her dignity, her friendliness and her obvious love for William.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monnaliza84 View Post
in my opinion, if she's ever been popular "which is actually happening" is because of her husband's popularity......
Old 09-18-2011, 08:03 PM
Heir Apparent

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
I think we also have to look at the kind of popularity that both Diana had and Kate has/will have.

Diana hit the media like a whirlwind and it was a strong blitz for what... 17 years or so? Kate has been steadily in the media since she was first discovered to be dating William 10 years ago and for the next 60+ (hopefully) years she will steadily be focused on.

In this respect, I honestly believe that Kate will surpass Diana as far as quality world icon status popularity goes but never with the blitz paparrazi quantity that Diana amassed.
Old 09-19-2011, 09:05 AM
Serene Highness

i think the press will make next a next generation princess diana, she has already had her pic on mag covers,has a mag devoted to her style and dress, she has blogs site on how and what she buys on a daily basis so i think she is on her way to be just a popular as princess diana
Old 09-19-2011, 09:05 AM
Serene Highness

yup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
I think we also have to look at the kind of popularity that both Diana had and Kate has/will have.

Diana hit the media like a whirlwind and it was a strong blitz for what... 17 years or so? Kate has been steadily in the media since she was first discovered to be dating William 10 years ago and for the next 60+ (hopefully) years she will steadily be focused on.

In this respect, I honestly believe that Kate will surpass Diana as far as quality world icon status popularity goes but never with the blitz paparrazi quantity that Diana amassed.
i agree and well said
Old 09-19-2011, 09:17 AM
Courtier

I also think that too many people think that Kate, because she is now married to William, will automatically become the new Diana. I do not think this will be the case at all. Diana will always be remembered for being the glowing person she was as well as for the wonderful work she pursued. However, whilst many feel that Kate should be striving to be out in the public and making her mark in society, she really needs to live her own life and be her own person. First and foremost she needs to be a good and supportive wife to William.
Old 09-20-2011, 12:00 PM
Heir Presumptive

I hope Kate never seeks to be the kind of popular Diana was. There were time she sought and pursued that admiration of the masses to spite the Royal family and her and her husband. She lived off the love of strangers, and hopefully Kate will never need that.
Jaqueline Bouvier Kennedy, September 12, 1953
Countess Stephanie of Belgium October 20, 2012
Old 09-20-2011, 12:39 PM
Commoner

I do not think she will become more popular than or even as popular as Diana.

Diana became a sensation at a time when she truly was The Only world-wide media sensation. Think of what media is like now. We have a new "superstar" shoved in our faces every few months.
Old 09-20-2011, 12:55 PM
Courtier

She will become popular but only because she's the wife of Diana's eldest son.
She's nice but I don't believe she will be as caring and loving as Diana was!
Old 09-20-2011, 01:03 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by XeniaCasaraghi View Post
I hope Kate never seeks to be the kind of popular Diana was. There were time she sought and pursued that admiration of the masses to spite the Royal family and her and her husband. She lived off the love of strangers, and hopefully Kate will never need that.
Agreed, Diana craved public attention. Kate does not seem to need or to seek such attention. I doubt she will ever ring up a reporter and say that she will be making a private visit to a friends house or taking her children to an amusement park to ensure her picture in in the papers the next day.

I think she will eventually just go about doing her official engagements and what ever attention comes with that is fair. Also their situations are a bit different in that Kate is married to the Queens grandson and not to the immediate heir to the throne. 2012 will be a year with attention devoted to The Queen and Philip so again it will hopefully be another year where the Cambridges will not be the ficus of the media and they can still enjoy some semblance of normality in their married life.
Old 09-20-2011, 06:17 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
I don't know.. Aside from this forum and other royal forums, I don't hear her being talked about. Sure many watched the wedding and some loved it but that was months ago; and I feel that some have moved on to the next big topic. In my mass communications we were discussing events that happened around the world and I brought up the wedding. And almost everyone said it was nice and then a female classmate of mine said around the lines "She seems like a very nice girl but why should I take an active interest in her, she's only famous because she married a prince," and many other girls in my class agreed.

The media and celebrity has changed since Diana was around. Today there are so many celebrities and public figures living sensational lives, that wind up into the news.
Only time will tell but as of now imo no. But she is already famous and known.
Old 09-20-2011, 07:35 PM
Heir Apparent

Probably best for her and for the BRF if she does not generate the type of fame that Diana did. Lets leave that to the Beckhams and the Kardashians.
Old 09-21-2011, 12:39 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smush View Post
She will become popular but only because she's the wife of Diana's eldest son.
She's nice but I don't believe she will be as caring and loving as Diana was!
I think it will be shown in another way, as they are two very different women.
Old 10-07-2011, 01:00 PM
Nobility

I do believe she will be very popular, immensely popular even, but I do not think it will be the same way as Diana. Diana was more of a celebrity and fashion icon. I don't think Kate craves that or is pursuing that. I think her popularity will be because of her compassion and love and the things she is involved in and her contribution to her country. Yes, Diana was all those things, but the media and individuals focused more on her style and even more so on her drama. Diana is remember for her contributions in charity and fashion and such, but she is more of a tragic figure where as Kate and William are more hope and kind of represent a very bright future. She will gain global popularity, but it will be different. She has a different vibe from Diana and not at all in a bad way. She's a different kind of icon in the same way that she is not what some fashion critics want or think she should be. I think she is refusing to travel the same beaten path as others and is garnering respect for a very different reason. She's not a fairytale, she's a real princess and she's Kate which makes her all the more desirable and popular and beautiful.
Old 11-26-2011, 08:13 PM

[QUOTE=Anna Catherine;1324117]I do believe she will be very popular, immensely popular even, but I do not think it will be the same way as Diana. Diana was more of a celebrity and fashion icon. I don't think Kate craves that or is pursuing that. I think her popularity will be because of her compassion and love and the things she is involved in and her contribution to her country...... She's a different kind of icon in the same way that she is not what some fashion critics want or think she should be. I think she is refusing to travel the same beaten path as others and is garnering respect for a very different reason. She's not a fairytale, she's a real princess and she's Kate which makes her all the more desirable and popular and beautiful.[/QUOTE]

I agree. Catherine should not even attempt to "replace" Diana. Prince William even said that was not something she was even thinking of doing, but make a place in the world on her own strengths and merit. She is still figuring things out as to what her role is to be and that is fine by me. There is not rush for her to create her image right away. She is a modern young woman, but she appears to be level headed and is comfortable with following his lead for now. Once she has some experience, she will have the confidience to strike out on her own. I do think she is happy just being his bride for the time being and if rumors are true, she will be home with a baby next year. It may not be what her peers are doing, but if she is happy and he is happy, who are we to judge?

Tags
celebrity, diana princess of wales, kate middleton, princess diana