The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 01-05-2011, 05:45 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyAtlanta View Post
No, I do not ever remember dear Charles to be introverted.

The only vibe I get is that Catherine might turn out to be naturally "lazy." When I say lazy, I mean disinclined to activity or exertion; not shiftlessness. If that's the case, no one will be able to "make" her do things royal. She will probably do all she's asked in the beginning, but perhaps she will balk after just a few years -- especially if the becomes a mother. Just a vibe I get.
That's an interesting take on it. I don't get that lazy vibe at all from her. I thought she has shown how disciplined she can be by keeping out of trouble even under the intense scrutiny of the media. The few times I've seen her out in public with the BRF she seem to hold herself well.
I think with training, in time she will grow into her role as a Princess. I can only judge her from what I've seen of her and I honestly see a beautiful, intelligent woman who has potential to do great things if she really wants to.

The big difference between Kate and Diana IMO is Kate has a man in William who seems to genuinely love her and enjoy her company. They have had the chance to get to know each other for 8 years before they decided to tie the knot.
Kate has a strong anchor in William whereas Diana and Prince Charles seem to me to be the total opposite.

Old 01-05-2011, 06:34 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyAtlanta
...The only vibe I get is that Catherine might turn out to be naturally "lazy."
I get what you're saying but maybe 'lazy' in this case is not embracing her public role yet which I believe she will eventually do but it will be slow going I think-

Old 01-05-2011, 09:25 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyAtlanta View Post

The only vibe I get is that Catherine might turn out to be naturally "lazy." When I say lazy, I mean disinclined to activity or exertion; not shiftlessness. If that's the case, no one will be able to "make" her do things royal. She will probably do all she's asked in the beginning, but perhaps she will balk after just a few years -- especially if the becomes a mother. Just a vibe I get.
I share your vibe. I hope for Williams sake she'll shake the work-shy image and prove those who doubt her (myself included) wrong.
Old 01-06-2011, 12:33 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by justcurious View Post
Unlike his father, William seems outgoing and has great interaction with people.
I have to agree with others on this. Charles 'back in the day' was very engaged - and still is. In fact, regarding William, I just viewed Charles' very first television interview on YouTube, and the contrast between the two men is interesting. Charles at 19 was more engaged with the interviewer and more intellectually adroit than William has demonstrated at age 28. Just two years ago (he was 26) I listened to an interview with William that was unintelligible, one could barely make out his words - a far cry from his father's interview at age 19.

The foregoing is one of the reasons that I question just how intelligent of a King William will be. He doesn't seem to be someone who takes a lively interest in the world - maybe he does, but right now he just seems a 'common bloke', nothing sets him apart except for associations. The most that can be said is that he is agreeable and pleasant. At 28 he seems a lot 'younger' than Charles at the same age.
Old 01-06-2011, 06:14 AM
Royal Highness

With her interest in photography Catherine as a member of the BRF has all chances to interest people in modelling for her. I really liked the photos on the Party Pieces homepage, especially those with the children. If Catherine did these, she has a feeling for portrays.

But once she does these kind of pictures, she has something to bargain with the media. The Daily Mail for example will be crazy about publishing pics by a HRH. So they won't dare to write nastily about her because she can retaliate by not selling or giving her pics to them. Diana had only herself and information about herself to barter with the media. That didn't work out because she couldn't control it. Once Catherine has something other than herself to deal with the media, she can control the game. Sort of, at least.
Old 01-06-2011, 07:10 AM
Imperial Majesty

I hope she doesn't ever consider going that route - that is way too commercial for a member of the royal family.
She should be looking at getting some sort of interest and then building on that but at this point in time I have no idea what interests she might have besides William.
Old 01-06-2011, 12:37 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
She should be looking at getting some sort of interest and then building on that but at this point in time I have no idea what interests she might have besides William.
I wonder if she even knows what her interests are....just my opinion
Old 01-06-2011, 02:22 PM
Serene Highness

My guess is that she has an interest in Art and History, or she wouldn't have studied it
Old 01-06-2011, 03:31 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sternchen View Post
My guess is that she has an interest in Art and History, or she wouldn't have studied it

Did she study it out of interest or because that was what William was studying? The Art History course had a spike in enrolments at St Andrews after it was announced that William was going to be studying it.
Old 01-06-2011, 03:34 PM
Serene Highness

How do you know that she wasn't already enroled when William decided what to study And why should she have gone to Italy after she received her degree??
Old 01-06-2011, 03:39 PM
Administrator

Especially since William switched to Geography. Shouldn't she have switched as well?

Old 01-06-2011, 03:59 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonk View Post
Especially since William switched to Geography. Shouldn't she have switched as well?

Not necessarily as they she had already meet him by then. Doesn't the story go something along the lines that he wanted to leave uni and she encouraged him to stay and change his major?
Old 01-06-2011, 04:01 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

If she had already met him and didn't switch when William did. She was obviously personally interested Art and History.
Old 01-06-2011, 04:01 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sternchen View Post
How do you know that she wasn't already enroled when Williamm decided what to study And why should she have gone to Italy after she received her degree??

I don't know that but I am simply suggesting that we can't assume that she has an interest in things simply because she studied them but maybe she had an ulterior motive.

There are a number of reasons to go to Italy - I have been there with no interest in Art at all. History (some of it yes but my visits to Italy have been because it is a lovely country to visit and the people are great not for the history or art).

She may have a genuine interest of course but she might not - that is all I am saying.
Old 01-06-2011, 04:08 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
...I am simply suggesting that we can't assume that she has an interest in things simply because she studied them but maybe she had an ulterior motive...
I see what you are saying but I think it is far-fetched. You might as well say that she only decided to go to St. Andrews to try to catch the big fish, which would make it all false. I think William would have caught on quite soon, if it had been the case.
So no, I don't buy that.

But... (on a funny note): why don't we try to enquire for her application form to see why she chose art history?
Old 01-06-2011, 04:11 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
If she had already met him and didn't switch when William did. She was obviously personally interested Art and History.
I would think so too.

Quote:
Not necessarily as they she had already meet him by then. Doesn't the story go something along the lines that he wanted to leave uni and she encouraged him to stay and change his major?
I would think that she didn't want him to throw away his education, which is admirable - imo.
Old 01-06-2011, 04:15 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
...I am simply suggesting that we can't assume that she has an interest in things simply because she studied them but maybe she had an ulterior motive.
She was there for several months. I doubt that she would do this and later claim that it was out of interest, if there would be a possibility to prove that this was not the case...
Old 01-06-2011, 05:45 PM
Serene Highness

This rumor is ridiculous. She and him were dating different people at the time. if she went to Italy we can assume the interest was already there. Didn't she help organize an photo exposition?? please...... NEXT
Btw, I don't know if everybody have already read this article, but I found it delicious amusing, specially for those with so many questions about their relationship.

Prince William and Kate Middleton: Personal time with the royal couple - Accidentally Sexy

(these lady who wrote it would've been able to get way more attention if she had some really dirt stuff)
There's not much of a difference between a stadium full of cheering fans and an angry crowd screaming abuse at you. They're both just making a lot of noise. How you take it is up to you. Convince yourself they're cheering for you. You do that, and someday, they will - Sue S.
Old 01-08-2011, 01:36 AM
Aristocracy

Diana did work at some sort of a daycare after her relationship with Charles was public or there would have been no cameras outside her work to take the infamous "no slip sun behind her" shot where the shadow of her legs could be seen a bit through her skirt.

The problem between comparing them is more than 20 years gone past and perhaps a lot of old monarchists that were around then are long gone now. Also the difference between new on the scene 19 year old, and around forever it seems almost 29 year old is vast at the best of times.

I didn't care much for Diana but it seems like it is okay to make not nice comments about her (and elsewhere Fergie) without the "proof" to back up the comment, yet say anything about other royal women and you're suddenly the devil. It has to be even on these boards doesn't it? It certainly is not bashing to say someone is rich and spoiled if that is how they act. If you don't agree say it but add why you think she's not. Does anyone here know any of these royals personally? So all we have to go on is what we see and how they behave.

As for the repeated claims that William is in love with her and her with him how does anyone know that? I have yet to find anybody who can show a clip where either of them even can squeeze out the word love. William's reason he gave for marrying her was that it was time. Not exactly dazzling. They appear to like each other and I hope that will be enough for them. It would not be for me.

People say here that KM/CM has worked several places including her families business, yet none of these several jobs are named so I am unaware of her doing much. Give me names and dates people. I have seen photos of her sister Pippy or Pippa? though "working" for the family amid cupcakes and candy in a magazine.

I have wondered if KM/CM decided on that school before hearing William was going there, or after? (Because if it was after IMO I think that could be called stalking or sexual harassment! )

As for Diana being a "scandal", that is just someone's opinion but it was stated in a way that sounds like it's a fact. But really don't all the grown ups on here really know that all the quoted stories, articles, are also mostly full of opinions, not always facts? Yet to Tyger it is a fact that she thinks Diana was a "scandal". So I don't mind.

I think that almost every candid photo I have seen of KM/CM she has less than delicate ways about her. I shuddered when I heard that she will be getting out of a car in a fancy wedding dress, because she gives everybody an eyeful when she tries to get out of a car in casual clothes. At least with a carriage she could step down, helped, more gracefully, and not have her boobs popping out as part of the wedding album ....

Will KM/CM be more "popular"? No.

Is it good or healthy to even try to go after that popularity? No.

Could she even achieve that popularity if she tried, or wanted to? No ("in my dang opinion" so nobody feels the need to ask me for proof of it).

Happy New Year everyone!
Old 01-08-2011, 02:29 AM
Serene Highness

You see, the reality is that both William and Kate are very private people, so any information released 99% of the time comes from the so called "sources". No one can say for sure how they fell about each other. We can only hope THEY have made this life-long commitment based on a mutual decision.

And that's my attitude, I wish for the best.

There's not much of a difference between a stadium full of cheering fans and an angry crowd screaming abuse at you. They're both just making a lot of noise. How you take it is up to you. Convince yourself they're cheering for you. You do that, and someday, they will - Sue S.

Tags
celebrity, diana princess of wales, kate middleton, princess diana