The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 09-04-2010, 07:31 PM
Majesty

I agree. The difference will be when Kate's approaching 40 and into her middle years. Diana didn't reach those years, so there can be no comparison. That is IF Kate marries William.

Old 09-04-2010, 10:33 PM
Courtier

Once Kate reaches the years Diana did not live to see,(if she marries William) we will still hear comparisons about the charity work and things she does and of course the will say .... wonder if Di would have done it better... I fear she will never walk out from Diana's shadow but I hope Im wrong. Hopefully if she marries William , she will become a wife that knows her place in the BRF does not step out of line, supports William, does her bit as a princess and we will hear::: she has done it better then diana...and they are happy..

Old 09-05-2010, 02:31 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Ann View Post
I disagree with you, they have been dating longer then some marriages last these days. I really don't think that with their pre-relationship dating they had much time to make skeletons at this point. Some people can be married for 30 years like Camillia and Andrew and never really know each other at all... I think it depends on the two people and how open they are with each other in a relationship.
That's the thing about it. You think you know the person very well until you marry them. Marriage is like a mirror....you see all sorts of things that you never knew was there.

Quote:
I really don't think there is anything wrong with that...if that is the case.
she knew what she wanted had the brains and money to get where she needed to be to make it happen... and he fell for her so she wins. kudos to her...If you think about it most relationships start with one person going after the other one. I just hope if they make it the long hall the UK wins as well... and she will step up her game and be a wonderful wife and princess..(QC) just my opinion!

ps.. do you have the article where Kate mentioned that she had pictures of William all over her walls ... I recall a former class mate making a statement but never knew Kate gave an interview...
Don't misunderstand me, there's nothing wrong with that. I just hope she's moved past the "fantasy" of Will.

My sister showed me the video, which is why I can't seem to find it. I will try to look though. I'll let you know if I see it.
Old 09-05-2010, 05:21 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon View Post
I find it arrogant to want to have a place in anyone's affections other than family and friends, let alone Queen of their hearts! As you say, to each his or her own!
Perfect statement and I wholeheartedly agree. I hope that Kate will be different from Diana, I hope that she will only marry William because she loves him. If this will be the case then she will be a good if not the perfect consort. And that is what William needs and where Diana failed!
Old 09-05-2010, 05:29 PM
Majesty

I quite agree. I think that William realizes that Kate is just that sort of woman. If he didn't think so, he could have ditched her long ago or ended it for good during that brief split years ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Ann View Post
Hopefully if she marries William , she will become a wife that knows her place in the BRF does not step out of line, supports William, does her bit as a princess and we will hear::: she has done it better then diana...and they are happy..
Old 09-06-2010, 06:22 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mapleleaf134 View Post
I don't think she will more famous than the legendary Diana but she will be compared always to her. I think that both KM and Pr. Diana have the same qualities like for example been shy and have a great fashion sense.

Maybe Ms Middleton does not care if she is more famous and compared to Princess Diana. Kate will be known the way Prince William wants the press to known Kate. I think from both we will only know their royal appearances and not their personal lives. Isn't that what they are doing now?
Old 09-06-2010, 07:04 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiea View Post
Maybe Ms Middleton does not care if she is more famous and compared to Princess Diana. Kate will be known the way Prince William wants the press to known Kate. I think from both we will only know their royal appearances and not their personal lives. Is that what they are doing now?
This is what I see also. I think William and Kate will keep there private lives as private as the Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh do and also Charles and Camilla.
Old 09-10-2010, 05:37 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
IIRC those photos were taken to court (pun intended) and won.
No they weren't. It was settled out of court.
I do believe that Kate and her family use the press for their own agenda.
Old 09-10-2010, 06:33 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by cd255 View Post
No they weren't. It was settled out of court.
I do believe that Kate and her family use the press for their own agenda.
You're absolutely correct.. they did file a lawsuit and it was settled out of court and I believe if I read correctly back then, Kate donated the settlement to charity also.

I have to disagree about using the press for their own agenda. Kate does all she can I think to stay OUT of the press.
Old 09-10-2010, 08:54 PM
Majesty

I certainly hope so. The "revelations" of the 1990's ("just wanting to set the record straight") were hard on everybody--except for the media barons, who made lots of money catering to the people who wanted to talk.

Quote:
This is what I see also. I think William and Kate will keep there private lives as private as the Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh do and also Charles and Camilla.
Old 09-12-2010, 04:37 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
I believe if I read correctly back then, Kate donated the settlement to charity also.
It was never confirmed that they donated any money.

Quote:
Kate does all she can I think to stay OUT of the press.
I disagree. I believe she and her family use the press.
Old 09-12-2010, 04:42 PM
Gentry

Quote:
I disagree. I believe she and her family use the press.

In what way they use the press??
Old 09-12-2010, 04:44 PM
Heir Presumptive

Every way.
Old 09-12-2010, 04:48 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Every way.
Please provide supporting evidence on how the Middleton's use the press.

Old 09-12-2010, 05:15 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Every way.

Can you please substantiate this by giving precise examples of the Middleton's using the press and to what end?
Old 09-13-2010, 07:33 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mapleleaf134 View Post
I don't think she will more famous than the legendary Diana but she will be compared always to her. I think that both KM and Pr. Diana have the same qualities like for example been shy and have a great fashion sense.
I think whoever William marries will be compared (good or bad) to Diana. It's pretty much inescapable.
Old 10-03-2010, 11:12 PM

Will Miss Kate Middleton ever be as popular as the late Diana, Princess of Wales? That is a great question since how can the British monarchy exist if it isn't popular with British taxpayers who are becoming increasingly Republican?

In the beginning, people liked Kate Middleton. She is a natural beauty, well-educated, discreet and comes from a family of self-made millionaires. She is the kind of girl you expect to move up in the world so a college romance with a prince isn't entirely unthinkable. Besides, they looked so nice together. The picture of young, romantic love. The kind so hot it rarely burns past graduation.

When it did last, we all wondered what Kate would do post-graduation. As she bounced between jobs and let off steam at the local club, we all figured she was finding her way like the rest of us at that age. We even forgave her when she drank too much and flashed a little black underwear or when that God awful uncle turned up selling stories, cocaine and women less fortunate than his niece. We forgave her but we didn't forget either. It was the first chip at her mystique.

Then Kate gave up looking for a job for the routine of a kept women: Gym, tan, shop, party, travel, and follow my man around with fierce vigilance. Suddenly, the college grad was kind of a bimbo. An odd sort of bimbo since her lifestyle isn't bank-rolled by her royal lover but her upper middle-class parents. Was she receiving a commission every time Party Pieces is mentioned in an article about William and Kate's relationship? Here was a deeper chip at her mystique.

Dating since 2001, the relationship now seems tired and jaded. You never see them kiss, laugh or hold hands together. Instead, he looks sadly oblivious to how much he is hurting this girl and she looks too hard to care. If he has made her into a bimbo by refusing to be honest with her, then she has made him into a cad for not walking out on him sooner. The only way they can revive themselves from this death march is for Prince William to find a new girl he treats like a princess and for Kate to find a new man who treats her like a Queen.

Now if this new girl happens to be a doe-eyed, pink-cheeked, teenage aristocrat and Protestant virgin who loves stuffed animals, works with children, and spends her weekends in the country with mother's pearl choker and a coterie of new Sloane Rangers instead of spending her nights in night clubs showing off her knickers, then yes, it will be Lady Diana Spencer all over again. This new girl will be what the people expect of a fairy-tale princess and she will grow up and into the next icon of her time. Whether or not she will be happy, that's another story. However, expect a royal soap opera since that is what sells papers.

Old 10-04-2010, 12:08 AM
Majesty

When, exactly, did Miss Middleton flash her underwear? There's a difference between a picture taken at an unfortunate angle and a deliberate showing of undies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittys_closet View Post
We even forgave her when she drank too much and flashed a little black underwear
Old 10-04-2010, 05:46 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittys_closet View Post
That is a great question since how can the British monarchy exist if it isn't popular with British taxpayers who are becoming increasingly Republican?

This is a totally false statement, the British taxpayers are not becoming increasingly republican. Infact the support for a republic in the UK, (as evidenced by repeated surveys over the years) has remained static at less than 10%.

The highest support for a republic in the UK was actually during the reign of Queen Victoria after she withdrew from public life with the death of Albert. (the 1860s)

Diana's death didn't 'shake the monarchy' it barely moved, there was no great increase support for a republic, nor was there after the abdication of Edward VIII.
Old 10-04-2010, 06:11 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlotte1 View Post
This is a totally false statement, the British taxpayers are not becoming increasingly republican. Infact the support for a republic in the UK, (as evidenced by repeated surveys over the years) has remained static at less than 10%.

The highest support for a republic in the UK was actually during the reign of Queen Victoria after she withdrew from public life with the death of Albert. (the 1860s)

Diana's death didn't 'shake the monarchy' it barely moved, there was no great increase support for a republic, nor was there after the abdication of Edward VIII.
Quite right. There does not appear to be any groundswell of republicanism in the UK

Tags
celebrity, diana princess of wales, kate middleton, princess diana