The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 08-23-2010, 10:46 PM
Administrator

Please note that future posts that refer to Kate Middleton as Kate Middleclass will be deleted without notice.

Please remember the following TRF rule:
  • Insulting comments about other posters and royals are not permitted. Criticism is acceptable; insults and flames are not. We expect our members to treat each other with respect.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact any of the British moderators and/or TRF administrators.

Zonk
British Forums Moderator

Old 08-24-2010, 01:54 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob2008 View Post
No princess has the level of charisma, the star quality, the impact of Diana. They're all now too keen to be uninspiring, conforming, safe pairs of hands. Even Prinses Mabel's quirky clothing jokes are timid expressions of a fake rebelliousness. Despite her commoner origins, Maxima has a certain genuine classiness which demonstrates a commendable sense of duty and ardent love of her adopted country and the Oranje-Nassaus - but not in the league of Diana.

Beautifully stated.
We met Princess Diana when she was a young lady and bride. Her obvious warmth and smile touched so many of us. We were captivated from the outset.

No offense to Kate but as she had just been just a girlfriend to date, and understandably guarding her privacy, we have no sense of who she is.

I just can't possibly imagine she could ever really approach Princess Diana's degree of popularity SHOULD she become Williams wife. I have nothing against her but nor have I yet to be able to relate or warm to her. That being said, she does seem like a reasonably nice young woman.

Old 08-24-2010, 03:16 AM
Nobility

Kate is attractive and I think it's an appeal that Diana harnessed and beheld aswell and led Diana to charm Charles and eventually the people of her time. Sometimes I hear it is what is from within that counts and it can be said Diana poured herself out for her country and fellow man from within, but she had a look that endeared us all once upon a time.

The times of years ago when Princess Diana led her country and the time we all share now are different having mystiques and a historical correlation all their own. Yes there are similarities but the issues and happenings aren't quite alike as I've observed. I sometimes wonder if we have lost touch to our historical affinity where people were the beacons of perfection and the holy.

Nonetheless we always will have a progression that is important and present. Therefore I wonder if through the shear attraction of Kate's phenomena, will we have someone that we will warm up to and somehow cherish and esteem when she is presented someday. Kate is becoming someone who may imminently become Will's chosen one and marry and wear the crown for England.

Someday we are to find out if they do marry and maybe more importantly who Kate is from the inside. For now we know she keeps endearing the heart of Will and maybe it is like with her outward looks she is beautiful inside. And since she seems the prominent one for William I have to say that she may indeed be beautiful inside and out. I hold William's integrity well rounded to know best as such. Maybe someday we shall see.
Old 08-24-2010, 08:39 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob2008 View Post
No princess has the level of charisma, the star quality, the impact of Diana. They're all now too keen to be uninspiring, conforming, safe pairs of hands.
I agree with this wholeheartedly regarding today's princesses . . and Kate pales even next to them.
Old 08-24-2010, 09:45 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd255 View Post
I agree with this wholeheartedly regarding today's princesses . . and Kate pales even next to them.

They are also alive to see their kids grow up and mature because they aren't being chased by paparazzi to get picutures for fans. They are also in happy marriages.

Maybe dull and uninspiring is a better way to be - certainly for the kids.
Old 08-24-2010, 10:26 PM
Administrator

I think Diana has served a cautionary tale for a lot of royal families.

You really need to know the potential mate although really there are no guarantees. Can they handle the pressures and responsiblites of being a royal? And then if there is an extreme interest in the newbie....how can you cater to the interests in way that it doesn't become celebrity like. I agree with iluvbertie, I think a lot of royal families don't want or need anyone to become as popular as Diana.

I am a Diana fan and I can look back and say it was just too much. We loved everything about her...her clothes, her love life, her drama, her work. The pictures had to come from somewhere but did we realy know that she was basically stalked? It was legal stalking. Some of it was necessary for her work, some of it she caused herself by seeking out the media, but some of it was just unncessary. She couldn't and they (the press) wouldn't let the genie go back in the bottle.

So my answer is that I don't think Kate will be as popular as Diana because honestly, a Diana only comes around once in a life time, and I think that Kate (or whoever marries William) will try to be low key and work on her family and her patronages. The best Kate would be similar to Sophie ( but a little more high profile because of her position) who as the Queen said...You wouldn't pick her out of a crowd.

Old 08-29-2010, 05:32 PM
Heir Presumptive

Not only would she not be as popular (that's even if William ever married her) she and her family would be an absolute disaster to the monarchy!
Old 08-29-2010, 05:56 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Not only would she not be as popular (that's even if William ever married her) she and her family would be an absolute disaster to the monarchy!
Why?
And what is her family going to do?
Old 08-29-2010, 06:06 PM
Administrator

If the British Royal Family can withstand the Woodvilles, the Nevilles, the Howards the Mountbattens and the Spencers, surely they can handle the Middletons.

Old 08-29-2010, 08:22 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonk View Post
If the British Royal Family can withstand the Woodvilles, the Nevilles, the Howards the Mountbattens and the Spencers, surely they can handle the Middletons.

After the Spencers the Middletons will be a doddle.
Old 08-29-2010, 08:43 PM
Heir Presumptive

Hopefully no more media friendly brides and their families will join the firm.
Goodness knows the RF have had enough controversies to last a lifetime.
Old 09-01-2010, 08:38 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
Why?
And what is her family going to do?
They already do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opal View Post
Hopefully no more media friendly brides and their families will join the firm.
Goodness knows the RF have had enough controversies to last a lifetime.
Yes, let's hope not!
Old 09-02-2010, 02:20 AM
Majesty

Things have become very quiet lately on the Middleton front.
Old 09-02-2010, 04:13 AM
Nobility

I think let them decide when and where they want to get married or if they want to.
Old 09-02-2010, 05:52 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
They already do.
My question was "what is her family going to do?" your answer makes no sense to my question.
Old 09-02-2010, 09:24 AM
Courtier

[QUOTE=berengere;1127667]Beautifully stated.
We met Princess Diana when she was a young lady and bride. Her obvious warmth and smile touched so many of us. We were captivated from the outset.

No offense to Kate but as she had just been just a girlfriend to date, and understandably guarding her privacy, we have no sense of who she is.

Diana wanted her priavcy too at first she complained about the press all the time her Father even went on TV saying it was the most awful time (before the engagement) because she was on her own and they (the press) were everywhere... She also stated in later years that the press was the most intrusive...untill she learn how to use them for her work..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonk View Post
I could not agree more... I don't see what is so bad about the Middletons. Yes, we know they are not old money but they have worked hard to make a better life for all three of their children... I don't believe the stories about sending Kate to ST Andrews...for reason of find her prince...and even if it was factor... he fell in love with her so who cares.. there are not many women on this earth who have not found a man that they wanted to be with and decied to go after him. Just happens her man is a prince.....
Old 09-03-2010, 06:02 AM
Aristocracy

These spurious musings do nothing to support the monarchist cause. Please try and leave the prurient gossip to the "celeb" publications.
Old 09-03-2010, 06:19 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hereditary Thane View Post
These spurious musings do nothing to support the monarchist cause. Please try and leave the prurient gossip to the "celeb" publications.

Could you please explain this comment as I simply don't understand it?
Old 09-03-2010, 03:17 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hereditary Thane View Post
And who says they were trying to "support the monarchist cause"?
Old 09-03-2010, 03:29 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Ann View Post
I could not agree more... I don't see what is so bad about the Middletons. Yes, we know they are not old money but they have worked hard to make a better life for all three of their children... I don't believe the stories about sending Kate to ST Andrews...for reason of find her prince...and even if it was factor... he fell in love with her so who cares.. there are not many women on this earth who have not found a man that they wanted to be with and decied to go after him. Just happens her man is a prince.....
I do not think that it just happened that her man is a prince. Kate said herself that she has always been crazy for Will. She mentioned that as a young girl and a teen she had Will posters everywhere...Will was basically her dream man. I'm not saying she intentionally sought him out, but I'm also not saying she just "happened" to meet him. Maybe meeting him was exactly what she wanted to do.

Tags
celebrity, diana princess of wales, kate middleton, princess diana