The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #181  
Old 05-14-2008, 03:30 PM
Jo of Palatine's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Munich, Germany
Posts: 3,323
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angl3 View Post
No she won`t be!!!! and if she becomes popular then she won`t ever became "Queen Of Hearts"like Diana.

So tell who`s popular the "Heart Queen Of William" or the "Heart Queen of People"???
Depends on who the people are. Though I hope that if she is one day William's queen, she will be the respected queen of the whole of Britain.
__________________

__________________
'To dare is to lose one step for but a moment, not to dare is to lose oneself forever' - Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark in a letter to Miss Mary Donaldson as stated by them on their official engagement interview.
Reply With Quote
  #182  
Old 05-14-2008, 07:20 PM
Roslyn's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Tintenbar, Australia
Posts: 2,717
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo of Palatine View Post
Depends on who the people are. Though I hope that if she is one day William's queen, she will be the respected queen of the whole of Britain.
I would like to think that a woman with a university education like Kate might be thinking in these terms rather than wondering whether she can be Queen of Hearts.
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #183  
Old 05-14-2008, 07:28 PM
pretoriana18's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Asunción, Paraguay
Posts: 256
I don´t think so... If she doesn´t merry with the prince, the other girlffried will be very much popular than her jaja is only for the moment, Wills´s the popular, and "his girlfriend" always will be popular...
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #184  
Old 05-15-2008, 05:15 AM
Skydragon's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: London and Highlands, United Kingdom
Posts: 10,943
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angl3 View Post
No she won`t be!!!! and if she becomes popular then she won`t ever became "Queen Of Hearts"like Diana.

So tell who`s popular the "Heart Queen Of William" or the "Heart Queen of People"???
Diana wanted to be known as the Queen of peoples hearts, she did not achieve that aim, IMO. What an arrogant aim anyway. As far as we know and we don't know a great deal, all Catherine wants is to be the Queen of Williams heart.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #185  
Old 05-15-2008, 11:47 AM
MARG's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Christchurch, New Zealand
Posts: 4,145
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon View Post
Diana wanted to be known as the Queen of peoples hearts, she did not achieve that aim, IMO. What an arrogant aim anyway.
Well said Skydragon. I have to admit that there is something really disquieting about the whole notion of the "Queen of peoples hearts". Perhaps my aversion stems from the first coining of that term. Arrogance personified.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon
As far as we know and we don't know a great deal, all Catherine wants is to be the Queen of Williams heart.
Now that is a normal healthy desire. What woman wouldn't want to be Queen of her beloved's heart.

The incessant measuring of Williams girlfriend against the spectre of his dead (and Sainted) mother is more than a little macarbe, IMO.
__________________
MARG
"Words ought to be a little wild, for they are assaults of thoughts on the unthinking." - JM Keynes
Reply With Quote
  #186  
Old 05-15-2008, 12:05 PM
Commoner
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: lyon, France
Posts: 17
I always thought that it was Tony Blair who the first called her "queen of peoples hearts" just after her death annoncement....?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #187  
Old 05-15-2008, 12:45 PM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: NEW YORK, United States
Posts: 151
Question

i cannot still belive we are still on these topic, why dont we sent these topic to daily maill for people to vote on and let see who win the popular vote?if we are still going to argue about these let have another forms about charlene and grace kelly since we all want to know who will be the fairest of them all?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #188  
Old 05-15-2008, 12:49 PM
TheTruth's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Between the first and second floor of the Eiffel Tower, France
Posts: 2,682
Quote:
Originally Posted by hippo View Post
I always thought that it was Tony Blair who the first called her "queen of peoples hearts" just after her death annoncement....?
In fact that was the "People's Princess" expression. The "Queen of hearts" (or to be exact : "Queen of people's heart") was created by her in the Panorama Interview.
__________________

Please, help find a cure for ALS

Because it matters...
Reply With Quote
  #189  
Old 05-15-2008, 01:10 PM
Principessa Cano's Avatar
Gentry
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Victoria, Canada
Posts: 85
She said she would rather be queen of people's hearts than be the queen. I don't find that arrogant. Diana wanted to make connections with people, she didn't want to be a figurehead. To each his own.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #190  
Old 05-15-2008, 02:45 PM
Skydragon's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: London and Highlands, United Kingdom
Posts: 10,943
Quote:
Originally Posted by Principessa Cano View Post
She said she would rather be queen of people's hearts than be the queen. I don't find that arrogant. Diana wanted to make connections with people, she didn't want to be a figurehead. To each his own.
I find it arrogant to want to have a place in anyone's affections other than family and friends, let alone Queen of their hearts! As you say, to each his or her own!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #191  
Old 05-15-2008, 03:17 PM
Jo of Palatine's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Munich, Germany
Posts: 3,323
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTruth View Post
In fact that was the "People's Princess" expression. The "Queen of hearts" (or to be exact : "Queen of people's heart") was created by her in the Panorama Interview.
It was the title by which Queen Alexandra was known, according to contemporary news articles.

A lot of people found it arrogant to say that when there already was a queen on the throne who should be the queen of her people's heart.
__________________
'To dare is to lose one step for but a moment, not to dare is to lose oneself forever' - Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark in a letter to Miss Mary Donaldson as stated by them on their official engagement interview.
Reply With Quote
  #192  
Old 05-15-2008, 03:47 PM
Moonmaiden23's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Los Angeles, United States
Posts: 4,616
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo of Palatine View Post
It was the title by which Queen Alexandra was known, according to contemporary news articles.

A lot of people found it arrogant to say that when there already was a queen on the throne who should be the queen of her people's heart.
"Should have been" but did QEII have that place in her people's affections? I doubt it. I think Her Majesty was thought of-rightfully- so with respect and affection. But like it or not the late Princess of Wales was able to inspire and tap into a feeling of intense devotion and love among the people of Britain and the world that has not been rivalled by any Royal before or since. I personally hated the Martin Bashir interview-it made me cringe and I think it was one of the most ill advised things Diana ever did. But she was being honest, not presumptuous or arrogant in my opinion.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #193  
Old 05-15-2008, 04:09 PM
Mermaid1962's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: NearTheCoast, Canada
Posts: 5,218
what's "her jaja"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pretoriana18 View Post
I don´t think so... If she doesn´t merry with the prince, the other girlffried will be very much popular than her jaja is only for the moment, Wills´s the popular, and "his girlfriend" always will be popular...
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #194  
Old 05-15-2008, 04:22 PM
Skydragon's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: London and Highlands, United Kingdom
Posts: 10,943
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliforniaDreamin View Post
"Should have been" but did QEII have that place in her people's affections? I doubt it.
Yes, IMO she did. The recreational grieving that went on was not indicative of everyone or even the majority of peoples real feelings.... but we have been through this so many times.

Catherine, as far as we know only wants to be loved and admired by her family, William and his family. For that alone she gains my admiration. She has behaved 'royally' around the media packs, has never spoken of her relationship with William and I can't see her bareing her soul to the media. Her dignity and decorum will gain her fans across the globe.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #195  
Old 05-15-2008, 05:03 PM
Moonmaiden23's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Los Angeles, United States
Posts: 4,616
Since Ms Middleton to my knowledge has not given any interviews how can we tell how she feels about "wanting to be loved by William?" We can't. We can just as easily assume that she is simply an ambitious young lady who is in it for the long haul and determined to hang in there.

You can't tell her motivations simply because she has been discreet and loyal...Lady Diana Spencer also kept her mouth shut before the wedding and appeared devoted to her boyfriend Charles. See how that turned out?

I am not saying that she is. It's just that very little is really known about the girl.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #196  
Old 05-15-2008, 06:06 PM
Skydragon's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: London and Highlands, United Kingdom
Posts: 10,943
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliforniaDreamin View Post
Since Ms Middleton to my knowledge has not given any interviews how can we tell how she feels about "wanting to be loved by William?" We can't. We can just as easily assume that she is simply an ambitious young lady who is in it for the long haul and determined to hang in there......You can't tell her motivations simply because she has been discreet and loyal...Lady Diana Spencer also kept her mouth shut before the wedding and appeared devoted to her boyfriend Charles. See how that turned out?

I am not saying that she is. It's just that very little is really known about the girl.
So by the same argument, how can anyone judge whether Catherine will be 'more popular' than the dead Diana? As you might have noticed, I did put 'as far as we know'. The constant condemnation of this girl, the suggestion that she is hanging about says more about the poster than it does about Catherine!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #197  
Old 05-15-2008, 06:12 PM
Moonmaiden23's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Los Angeles, United States
Posts: 4,616
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon View Post
So by the same argument, how can anyone judge whether Catherine will be 'more popular' than the dead Diana? The constant condemnation of this girl, the suggestion that she is hanging about says more about the poster than it does about Catherine!
I guess we can't know for certain, can we? And shouldn't we wait till the couple are even engaged before even speculating at all? To our knowledge Prince William has not proposed and might not yet!

The only place I have read "condemnation" of her is online. The print media-particularly in Britain-are practically salivating at the prospect of a Royal wedding between she and William and seemed to want to have him jailed for breaking up with her last year.

BTW...is she calling herself "Catherine" now and not "Kate?" I like the name Catherine much more than Kate but I never hear her referred to that way.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #198  
Old 05-15-2008, 07:13 PM
Little_star's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Manchester, United Kingdom
Posts: 5,619
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon View Post
So by the same argument, how can anyone judge whether Catherine will be 'more popular' than the dead Diana? As you might have noticed, I did put 'as far as we know'. The constant condemnation of this girl, the suggestion that she is hanging about says more about the poster than it does about Catherine!
So what? If a person doesn't like Kate, for whatever reason, then there's something wrong with them?!
__________________
Please give whatever you can to the DEC's Pakistan Floods Appeal. Millions of lives are at risk
http://www.dec.org.uk/index.html
Reply With Quote
  #199  
Old 05-16-2008, 05:23 AM
Skydragon's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: London and Highlands, United Kingdom
Posts: 10,943
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little_star View Post
So what? If a person doesn't like Kate, for whatever reason, then there's something wrong with them?!
Not at all, there are many people we instinctively dislike on first meeting or even grow to detest. But that tends to be based on solid facts, we don't like their way of thinking, their way of living. With Catherine we know absolutely nothing about her apart from that which the media has tried to portray. To judge the young woman so harshly based on her refusal to speak to the tabloids is, to me horrible. The constant statements that she is always shopping, holidaying only waiting for the prize of princess, is based on what, certainly not any solid evidence? Do any of us know that she doesn't work at home, her own business (she is hardly going to use her own name to sell her products) or is this all based on the 'infallibility' of the gutter press?

Name calling shows the calibre of the person doing the calling, don't you think, the sort of childish behaviour/bullying one hears about in junior schools.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #200  
Old 05-16-2008, 02:00 PM
Warren's Avatar
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 15,423
A reminder that this topic is about the nature of 'popularity' and not a reflection on other member's motivations, personalities or behaviour.

thanks
Warren
British Forums moderator
__________________

__________________
Seeking information? Check out the extensive Royal A-Z
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
celebrity, diana princess of wales, kate middleton, princess diana


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The Duchess of Cambridge: Family, Wealth and Background sara1981 The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family 1803 09-19-2014 03:44 PM
Wedding of William and Catherine: suggestions and musings Zonk Prince William and Catherine Middleton - The Royal Wedding, 29 April 2011 5605 04-29-2011 06:00 AM
Which name do you prefer for Kate (Catherine) Middleton? ysbel Prince Harry and Prince William 78 06-10-2007 06:23 PM




Additional Links
Popular Tags
abdication birth charlene crown prince frederik crown prince haakon crown princess letizia crown princess mary crown princess mette-marit crown princess victoria current events duchess of cambridge fashion genealogy grand duchess maria teresa grand duke henri hohenzollern infanta leonor infanta sofia jewellery jordan king abdullah ii king carl xvi gustav king felipe king felipe vi king harald king juan carlos king philippe king willem-alexander luxembourg nobility olympic games ottoman pom president komorowski prince albert prince albert ii prince carl philip prince constantijn prince felipe prince floris prince maurits prince pieter-christiaan princess anita princess astrid princess beatrix princess charlene princess claire princess laurentien princess letizia princess madeleine princess marilene princess mary princess mary fashion princess of asturias queen letizia queen mathilde queen maxima queen rania queen silvia queen sofia royal royal fashion russia sofia hellqvist spain state visit sweden the hague wedding winter olympics 2014



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:30 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises

Royal News Delivered to your Email!

You can get the latest Royal News right in your inbox.

unsusbcribe at anytime with one click

Close [X]