The Duchess of Cambridge is pregnant with a second child

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
oaky you people who live in Britain I live in Canada and on the news just now it was stated that Royal protection officers seen at the hospital Did kate get taken in any one know
Officers are not enough, we need more signs...

I have a question slightly off-topic. Who knows why they said only weight of the George when he was born and not his length as well? Is that a some kind of tradition or what?

Last edited:
may i ask, in my reduced knowledge on pregnancy, if induction of the birth is necessary or recommended? we read that kate is now several days overdue. is it usually the case that the birth is induced past a certain date? is this a safety precaution? or just personal choice?

In general, if the baby is getting too big or seems to be in distress, the doctor will recommend induction. Other than that, doctors may induce for the comfort of the mother once the due date passes but (in the US, at least) each doctor has his or her own rules about when they are willing to do so. My doctor didn't offer induction until ten days past the due date; other doctors will allow mothers to schedule inductions before the due date if the baby seems large enough and fully developed.

In general, if the baby is getting too big or seems to be in distress, the doctor will recommend induction. Other than that, doctors may induce for the comfort of the mother once the due date passes but (in the US, at least) each doctor has his or her own rules about when they are willing to do so. My doctor didn't offer induction until ten days past the due date; other doctors will allow mothers to schedule inductions before the due date if the baby seems large enough and fully developed.

Times have drastically changed on what doctors do or don't do when they're in charge of delivering a baby. As weird as it might sound now, back when I was pregnant with my first child, the doctor required the use of a spinal block during delivery. I guess they'd not invented all the good reasons for a natural childbirth yet. :bang:

No matter what is going on with this baby, one thing we can be well assured of is that Kate is under the best possible care anywhere and the well being of this new life and mommy is top priority. I do think that if there was even an inkling of concern with her being overdue or a smidgen of concern that things are not as they should be, she would have been admitted to the hospital for observation. The fact that she's been out and about recently assures us that all is how it should be.

may i ask, in my reduced knowledge on pregnancy, if induction of the birth is necessary or recommended? we read that kate is now several days overdue. is it usually the case that the birth is induced past a certain date? is this a safety precaution? v
induction of the birth is necessary if mother is 10-14 d. overdue or child doesn't feel good
there is only one alternative: Caesarean section

I am thinking the baby will be born on mother day so will see if I am right or not

^^^I agree. A baby can arrive before or after a predicted due date.

I am thinking the baby will be born on mother day so will see if I am right or not

I honestly hope not. In the UK, mother's day is the 4th Sunday in Lent and for 2015, it was on March 6th. Canada and the US share the same mother's day of the 2nd Sunday in May but I do think she'll have the baby long before May 10th.

The UK has already had the [misnamed] 'Mothers Day', correctly it is called 'Mothering Sunday' [as Osipi says. the 4th Sunday in Lent].

On 8 May there will be eight months having passed since the announcement of Duchess' pregnancy.

:ROFLMAO: The baby is like: shut up you psychic and DM, I won't be born when YOU SAY! Maybe he/her is doing this (keeping quiet and calm inside mummy's tummy) on purpose! :bounce:
^^^I agree. A baby can arrive before or after a predicted due date.
There is a very old but pertinent saying:

Man proposes, God disposes

Baby Cambridge will come when it is time to be born.

Officers are not enough, we need more signs...

I have a question slightly off-topic. Who knows why they said only weight of the George when he was born and not his length as well? Is that a some kind of tradition or what?

Security scans happen every day, so are no indicator at all.

The only sure way is the infor/tweet from KP saying she has been admitted.

I too got told that just because she's out driving, it isn't a bad thing as she's not sick, just pregnant. As I told this person, I did know that, but my concern was more Kate's comfort. i mean...As heavily pregnant as she is, there can't be a lot of space between her and that steering wheel after all.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

If she was all that uncomfortable she would not be doing it presumably.It is not as if she was show jumping.

I too got told that just because she's out driving, it isn't a bad thing as she's not sick, just pregnant. As I told this person, I did know that, but my concern was more Kate's comfort. i mean...As heavily pregnant as she is, there can't be a lot of space between her and that steering wheel after all.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

Oh, she's got really long legs- that seat is probably pushed all the way back!

I'm really thinking this will be a May baby. He or she loves to keep us all guessing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Posts discussing human biology and various other irrelevant posts have been deleted as they were off-topic. Further posts that do not relate directly to the Duchess of Cambridge being pregnant with her second child will be deleted without notice.

Exactly what one would expect from Hello. Always on the ball.

I think the baby will born on Mother days I don't really think she was due in april I think they may have said that to throw off people

I think the baby will born on Mother days I don't really think she was due in april I think they may have said that to throw off people

Why on earth would they do something like that?! :bang: No, the due date was probably planned end april, she said "mid" because she might have tought it could be born then, and she's probably a little overdue.

I don't think they would have fun playing around with false due dates. If she wanted to throw off people, she would have said nothing...

I don't really think they would do this, since major arrangements has to be made when a Royal Baby is due liking parking restrictions, security matters and all this. It all would have been a waste of time and others hard work to say April when the due date was actually around May 10-15.

Right now I think they are expecting the birth untill May 5 (as I do :whistling:)

Why [in Gods name] would the Royal family do such a thing ? The date of a foreign 'Mothers Day' is a complete irrelevance to the birth of a BRITISH baby.

I don't really think they would do this, since major arrangements has to be made when a Royal Baby is due liking parking restrictions, security matters and all this. It all would have been a waste of time and others hard work to say April when the due date was actually around May 10-15.

Right now I think they are expecting the birth untill May 5 (as I do :whistling:)

Given the parking restrictions, the Duke's paternal leave and all other visible arrangements, I think it is safe to say that the baby is definitely overdue. If there's no change over the next two or three days, I'm pretty sure they will induce or do a C-section.

Last edited:
Wasn't Kate a week late with George? So she will probably be the same with this baby.

Wasn't Kate a week late with George? So she will probably be the same with this baby.

All babies are different. Just because George was late doesn't mean this one will be. Most Second Babies are early while First ones are usually late.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom