The Duchess of Cambridge is pregnant with a second child

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The website for Australian magazine "Woman's Day" posted thirteen hours ago that the Duchess of Cambridge has been sighted at St Mary's Hospital.

They are saying though that this may only be for a last minute checkup.

Last edited:
The website for Australian magazine "Woman's Day" posted thirteen hours ago that the Duchess of Cambridge has been sighted at St Mary's Hospital.

Well, 13 hours ago would have been approx 12:30pm London time, so I'm going to go out on a limb and say she definitely wasn't in labor even if she was sighted at St. Mary's Hospital. Clarence House would have announced it had she been admitted during the middle of the day.

Well, 13 hours ago would have been approx 12:30pm London time, so I'm going to go out on a limb and say she definitely wasn't in labor even if she was sighted at St. Mary's Hospital. Clarence House would have announced it had she been admitted during the middle of the day.

Yes I'm hoping it was only for a checkup Sunnystar, don't want to not have at least some of the big build up and anticipation that PG's birth bought.

(Though "William Hill" the bookmakers is online saying it could all be over by Sunday midnight. Don't know what their thoughts are based on.)

The Royal Reporters are getting into the swing of things, posting photos of measuring their alloted media spot outside the hospital, and their setup near Buckingham Palace.

Emily Andrews has posted a photo of the scones for afternoon tea that will be on offer to the Duchess.

Not just clotted cream and jam, but honey too! (And yoghurt.) Yum.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lord Frederick WINDSOR son of PRINCE AND PRINCESS MICHAEL OF KENT
BORN 6 APRIL 1979

HM THE QUEEN
BORN 21 APRIL 1926

LADY Gabriella WINDSOR, daughter of PRINCE AND PRINCESS MICHAEL OF KENT
BORN 23 APRIL 1981

LADY HELEN WINDSOR (TAYLOR) DAUGHTER OF THE DUKE AND DUCHESS OF KENT
BORN 28 APRIL 1964

LADY SARAH ARMSTRONG JONES DAUGHTER OF PRINCESS MARGARET
BORN 1 MAY 1964

Last edited:
It would be a shame if the child was born on someones birthday. It would be nice for the child to have the day to him/herself and the child of the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge would get a lot of attention and over shadow the over royal. I also think that this is a special day and it would be nice not to share it with anyone.

Well, well...It's the nature which decides here...

It would be a shame if the child was born on someones birthday. It would be nice for the child to have the day to him/herself and the child of the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge would get a lot of attention and over shadow the over royal. I also think that this is a special day and it would be nice not to share it with anyone.

Once you are old enough, you don't mind sharing your special day with someone else...;) I really don't think that the Queen would mind sharing her day at all, and I think it would be special for both of them to have that connection.

Given as the only other person on that list of April/early May birthdays who is a royal is the Queen, I doubt a shared birthday is likely to cause one royal to be over shadowed by another...

The magazine issued another tweet saying that they had "reached out" to KP who replied that they did not respond to speculation.

Sorry but cant find the original tweet.

It's not like the Queen is going to throw a tantrum and not go to her great grandson/daughter's birthday party if they share the same day. I am kind of rooting for the 23rd since its St George's day. Cheeks getting a little brother or sister on his day.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

I hope that the baby will not arrive during next friday until sunday. Some friends are visiting me and if I would hear that Catherine is in labour I am sure that I wouldn't be able to concentrate on my guests. :whistling: :whistling: :whistling:

I am almost 100% sure the baby will arrive next week, not later.

So glad I didn't follow the news much this time around. I must admit I am checking this thread every now and then expecting news of Kate going into labour. :D

The magazine issued another tweet saying that they had "reached out" to KP who replied that they did not respond to speculation.

What a ridiculous expression. They mean they contacted KP. :rolleyes:

"Reaching out" is something people do on a personal level; it means something like seeking or offering help, comfort or love. It does not mean ringing up or sending an email to a business office.

Yes I thought it was a pretty silly expression. A pity Kensington Palace didn't respond in a similar vein - perhaps that they had "withdrawn into themselves and declined to comment"!

Her due date has never been confirmed yet the DM insists its 25th April.

I have to agree with this. My birthday was two days after my paternal grandfather's birthday. For two years in a row, we happened to be visiting during that week. In both cases, we celebrated both birthdays on his day. If my Mom hadn't held back my presents from my parents, my birthday would have been just an ordinary day. I don't remember how old I was but I finally got up the nerve ask Mom if she would talk to Dad about scheduling our visit for another week the next year. She did and he understood. As a kid it is hard sharing your day particularly with an older family member. The older one will get preference by virtue of age.

One thing I would be willing to bet all my fortune of $1.95 on is that when the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge's (and whatever titles they go by in the future) children grow older and start on their own paths both privately and publicly, there will be nothing but pride and support from their parents. I believe Charles feels the same way about his sons and his daughter in law. I truly think the entire Firm works as a team more so than as individuals.

The recent discussion of one isolated example of upstaging had many other factors behind it and isn't really to be cited as the norm.

A slew of posts have been removed as they were completely irrelevant to this topic.

Royal reporter Rob Jobson was on Australian TV this morning, Monday 20th, telling us about Prince Charles and Prince Harry attending the Anzac Services that are starting in a few days.

Then he said there is also talk of Prince William attending the service/s in Gallipoli as well - "just talk at the moment...not confirmed...he is very keen to take part".

Does this mean the birth will be over and done with - or not due to happen until Prince William is back from this - (if he does indeed go).

Last edited:
Royal reporter Rob Jobson was on Australian TV this morning, Monday 20th, telling us about Prince Charles and Prince Harry attending the Anzac Services that are starting in a few days.

Then he said there is also talk of Prince William attending the service/s in Gallipoli as well - "just talk at the moment...not confirmed...he is very keen to take part".

Does this mean the birth will be over and done with - or not due to happen until Prince William is back from this - (if he does indeed go).

At first, there was talk of Charles and William attending the services, but no, it's Harry and Charles that's officially going. The baby is due at anytime, so William is sticking around.

Rob Jobson suggested that William might join his father and brother. That can only happen if the baby is already here OR the baby is still a few days or more away after the 25th and he knows that.

If the baby is here by the 25th then there is no reason why William couldn't fly out to Turkey to be with his father and brother to commemorate the 10000s of British and French troops including those from the colonies of the British Empire (Australians, New Zealanders, Indians, Canadians - they supplied some nurses) who were prepared, and many did, lay down their lives in the service of King and Country. That King was William's grandmother's beloved grandfather so his duty would suggest that he should acknowledge that event.

Rob Jobson suggested that William might join his father and brother. That can only happen if the baby is already here OR the baby is still a few days or more away after the 25th and he knows that.

Agreed Iluvbertie.

Mr Jobson wouldn't have mentioned the possibility of Prince William travelling to Gallipoli - saying there were "talks" about William going, taking place, and that the Prince wanted to go - if there hadn't in fact been "talks" to this end.

And the whole possibility would be moot if the birth wasn't expected to be sooner - or expected to be later.

Last edited:
Tomorrow is Queen's birthday.

29th is their wedding anniversary.

But when are elections held? Newspapers write about possibility of baby being born on elections' date.

Lingo will be guarded until 30 of April, won't it? Or they will prolong its "restricted regime" untill the birth of baby?

I think that they will prolong this restricted regime after April 30th when the baby is not born by then.
30th is in this case the last day of this month and they will for sure prolong the restriction for the new month to come if the child is not yet born by April 29th.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom