The Duchess of Cambridge is pregnant with a second child

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hyperemesis gravidarum is no morning sickness. It is a severe and debilitating disease that often comes with emergency room visits, IV's, intense medications, and vomiting — lots and lots of vomiting. t causes weight loss and severe dehydration. It takes women away from their families, and it robs women of the joys of pregnancy. To call it morning sickness — or even acute morning sickness — is like saying that a woman with an arrow in her head has a bad headache. It doesn't even begin to encompass the gravity or breadth of symptoms that a woman feels when she suffers from hyperemesis gravidarum.
Hyperemesis gravidarum is not morning sickness | MNN - Mother Nature Network

All can say about this is, "poor thing". I tossed my cookies for 6 month during my pregnancy. and now toss my cookies with pain medication or when I get sick and I hate it. It literally drains the life out of me. I also had to deal with migraine headaches during pregnancy and gall bladder attacks which also made me nauseated and sick, so more tossing of the cookies. So I can just imagine how she feels. But like every other woman that gets pregnant, this too shall pass. you just wonder how soon!!

I'm currently 6 months pregnant and have been diagnosed with HG. So far, I've been in the hospital 4 times because I became so dehydrated and was losing too much weight from vomiting. (Almost 14 lbs - or 2 stone - in 2 weeks.) Some days are better than others, but on my bad days, I can't even make it from my bed to the bathroom without being sick so I end up having to lay on the floor near the toilet until I feel okay enough to get up. I've been put on 6 different medications at last count (at different times) to try to make it manageable for me, but so far, nothing has really worked. I get so irritated when I read comments from people calling HG 'morning sickness' or downplaying how serious the condition actually is. It isn't something I'd wish on anyone. Catherine is, no doubt, feeling awful. =\

Kita-Very, very sorry that you are experiencing such a difficult time. I hope that you are being well supported at home. Good luck and I hope that you will have a safe and easy delivery.

Thank you, TLLK. That was very sweet of you. :) I have a pretty great husband and two parents who are a bit TOO attentive, so I know I could be worse off. I just keep reminding myself of how fulfilling being a mom will be.

Kita, I'm so sorry to read about your condition. I hope you feel better very soon. I wish you both, you & your baby (is it a boy or girl?) health. :flowers:

Kita, thank you for sharing your experience. I hope you feel better soon and that you and your baby have an easy time the rest of the pregnancy. :flowers:

Kita - thank you for sharing your story. My cousin had HG with her last 2 pregnancies and had similar (brutal) experiences. You are truly showing your strength and fortitude as you go through this. I'm sure you (and the Duchess!) are counting the days until your due date!

Thank you for all of the support! It really does mean a lot. RoyalNight: We have decided to keep the sex a surprise until I give birth. I have been reading that this condition is indicative of a boy, but I don't know how accurate or scientifically supported that is. I won't complain either way. :)

:previous::ohmy:Oh Kita, I feel for you, I never had that with my babies, and in learning about this, I feel so grateful for that. Please stay well, and don't take what others here say about this illness for they are total i.d.i.o.t.s. I don't take light to anyone saying it's just morning sickness, having a baby is the hardest thing in the world to do and the most important is raising a healthy child......
Some people just love to complain for that is all they know, rest, can you drink some warm tea? Please put the bucket beside the bed, I had to do that with another illness when I couldn't make it to the bathroom. :flowers::)

Thank you for all of the support! It really does mean a lot. RoyalNight: We have decided to keep the sex a surprise until I give birth. I have been reading that this condition is indicative of a boy, but I don't know how accurate or scientifically supported that is. I won't complain either way. :)

Kita my cousin suffered the same as you through both of her pregnancies. Reading your story was like a flashback to 6 and 2 years ago!! She had a boy first and then a girl but suffered the same symptoms through both pregnancies!

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

Kita my cousin suffered the same as you through both of her pregnancies. Reading your story was like a flashback to 6 and 2 years ago!! She had a boy first and then a girl but suffered the same symptoms through both pregnancies!

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

Sounds like I may have an even 50/50 chance then! The good thing is that so far, of the women I've spoken to who have had it, they all tell me that while the pregnancy itself is rough, they pretty much all had very easy deliveries and - most importantly - healthy babies. I do sometimes get a bit envious of women who can actually enjoy being pregnant because their bodies, for whatever reason, take to it better. That's okay, though. A bigger fight makes for an even better win in the end. :) Now that I've found this app/forum, I've been getting my mind off of it by chatting with you fine folks too, so thanks for the mental breather!

When do you all think we might seen her soon again? Last year she was sick but she managed to make few appearreances: (bbc sports event,pre christmas lunch and she was spotted now and then at christmas)... Maybe next week...

I'm thinking there will be some engagements announcements soon. I'm sure she's getting herself ready to make her first appearance since her pregnancy was announced. All depends on how well she is and I think she's better than before.

Thanks:) I thinking the same too... I know that each pregnancy is different but I remember that when she was pregnant with George she was sick for about 2 or 3 weeks... Than she started feeling better...

I'm wondering if she and William will attend this next month's Singapore State Visit. Although, it starts on October 21st.

I'm wondering if she and William will attend this next month's Singapore State Visit. Although, it starts on October 21st.
They may meet with the visiting HEad of State or assist with some aspect of the state visit. Whether or not they attend the state banquet remains to be seen.

She should be ending her first trimester by then.... I guess we'll have an official press realese (as in january 2013) which will tell the month due date and maybe will add other info

HG is unpredictable. It can be day to day or week to week and no matter how many times it's describe as severe morning sickness, HG can be a debilitating disease.

I hope Kate is feeling better and gets all the rest she needs in the coming months.

I hope she's left alone to recover from this illness and get through the pregnancy. I don't think any engagements should be planned for her if there is a likelihood she has to bow out of them due to illness. It's only for a few months.

When do you all think we might seen her soon again? Last year she was sick but she managed to make few appearreances: (bbc sports event,pre christmas lunch and she was spotted now and then at christmas)... Maybe next week...

It's hard to know when we'll see her again. She was rarely seen during the first few month of her first pregnancy. She did go to the BBC event, but only stayed 45 minutes (I recall one of the royal aides saying that she was still sick, but wanted to go). Her next engagement wasn't until February - 2 months after the BBC event.

When we'll see her next really depends on how she's doing. Her last bout of HG doesn't give us any indication on how she feels this time.

Last edited:
I don't know if comparing the schedule now versus when she was pregnant with George is a good comparison. With George you had Christmas holidays and January is a pretty slow time for all the world.

Remembrance Day might be a good benchmark. If she is feeling better she would definitely be there.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Sounds like I may have an even 50/50 chance then! The good thing is that so far, of the women I've spoken to who have had it, they all tell me that while the pregnancy itself is rough, they pretty much all had very easy deliveries and - most importantly - healthy babies. I do sometimes get a bit envious of women who can actually enjoy being pregnant because their bodies, for whatever reason, take to it better. That's okay, though. A bigger fight makes for an even better win in the end. :) Now that I've found this app/forum, I've been getting my mind off of it by chatting with you fine folks too, so thanks for the mental breather!

Kita
My prayers and best wishes are with you. And you are right about this forum. When I was very ill and at home for 2 months I found this group informative and fun.

I don't know if comparing the schedule now versus when she was pregnant with George is a good comparison. With George you had Christmas holidays and January is a pretty slow time for all the world.

Remembrance Day might be a good benchmark. If she is feeling better she would definitely be there.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

I think she will probably appear at a charity close to heart sometime in the next 6 weeks, depending on when she feels well. The event may or may not be advertised in advance.

Ailing Princess Kate Is 'Able to be Up and About,' Palace Source Says - Health, The British Royals, The Royals, Kate Middleton, Prince William : People.com
She may be resting in a palace, but pregnancy has been no picnic for Princess Kate.

As she did during her first pregnancy with 14-month-old Prince George, Kate, 32, is battling hyperemesis gravidarum (HG), a severe form of pregnancy sickness that strikes between 1 and 3 percent of expectant women but is likely underdiagnosed.

The illness has already forced the princess to cancel her first planned solo tour abroad to the Mediterranean island nation of Malta, with her husband, Prince William, taking her place.

Yeah, I'd definitely take it with a grain of salt. Does she have twins in her family anywhere, I wonder? I'd be more inclined to believed there's an iota of possible truth to it if there were.

The twins story comes out everytime a royal is pregnant:lol:

The same was said when Kate expected George! Plus the palace said swecond CHILD not children:flowers:

The twins story comes out everytime a royal is pregnant:lol:

The same was said when Kate expected George! Plus the palace said swecond CHILD not children:flowers:
Exactly! I'm rather surprised that the twin rumour emerges so late:ROFLMAO:. Twins are soooo popular with journalists (and readers, I suppose).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom