The Duchess of Cambridge is pregnant with a second child

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I really had to laugh at Harry's reaction to the announcement of a 2nd pregnancy. Always finding a way to get a "dig" in at his brother (and William does the same) shows the closeness of the two brothers and I would never, for a minute, think there was any kind animosity or serious competition between any of them for anything. I don't think the media and the general public really sees the closeness this family has.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't.

I think people in their position should set a good example, and limit reproduction to two children.

What they can afford is moot. Even the wealthiest cannot buy more resources. Many problems in the world today are directly attributable to overpopulation.

I respectfully disagree. I think William and Catherine (and others in position) should have many children, if they so desire. They have the monitory resources, so why stop at two if they can afford (and want five)? This couple loves children, and I don't see them stopping at two just because it may be executed, or because others in the family have done so. Look at Her Majesty; her and Prince Philip had four children, and there were no issues. It's not up to anyone, but the couple involved to determine how many children to bring into the world, as long as they're responsible, and are able to raise their children without depending on monitory assistance from others.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think she means at 2 months ....same thing..sorry I read and re read and had started this,post..she's only a month...
Weren't they on vacation,holiday in August?

Last edited:
It could have been George's birthday. That was 7 weeks ago. Apparently HG starts around week 6-8. Ironically 40 weeks from 7-22 is the end of April right around Apr 29. How cool would that be if the baby comes on their wedding anniversary.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

It could have been George's birthday. That was 7 weeks ago. Apparently HG starts around week 6-8. Ironically 40 weeks from 7-22 is the end of April right around Apr 29. How cool would that be if the baby comes on their wedding anniversary.

That would be a nice Anniversary present indeed. It could also be born on The Queen Birthday as well

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

Always finding a way to get a "dig" in at his brother (and William does the same) shows the closeness of the two brothers and I would never, for a minute, think there was any kind animosity or serious competition between any of them for anything. I don't think the media and the general public really sees the closeness this family has.

It is absolutely marvelous that William and Henry have a closeness! It is absolutely nice to have a brother!!

Okay, I have cleaned up the thread so let's try to be mindful of a couple of things:

1) Let's treat each other with respect, even if you happen to disagree with someone. So there is no need for the snarky comments, the aggrieved parties or those who enjoy stirring the pot.
2) There is no need to reference other royal forums, to be quite honest....what happens anywhere else doesn't need to impact what happens here and vice versa.
3) We also don't need an open discussion about the birds and the bees. While we all know how it happens, there are some TRFers who are fairly young (we have members who encompass a variety of different ages), so we don't need to do it here.

A civil and open discussion is greatly appreciated.

Zonk

Last edited:
Zonk:

So glad to know that I am not the only bad apple in the apple cart ............:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:, you do have your hands full with with *adults* who are very opinionated .

I don't.

I think people in their position should set a good example, and limit reproduction to two children.

What they can afford is moot. Even the wealthiest cannot buy more resources. Many problems in the world today are directly attributable to overpopulation.

I most surely do disagree with your comment, I think it is up to W/C on how many children they want and if the entire world did good deeds and set examples then the world would not be in the darn mess it's in, after all we can't control what other people do or say.

I wish them the very best and hope this baby is a very healthy baby for it surely will have 2 parents who will love and cherish all their children regardless of how many they have. That is what this world needs now, people/parents/family that are there for their children to nurture, guide and love them, unfortunately that is not what a great number of people/parents/family do.

I have been surprised that every single grandchild of George VI had two children:
Princess Margaret's children:
Viscount Linley - a boy and a girl
Lady Sarah Chatto - 2 boys
The Queen's children:
Prince Charles - 2 boys
Princess Anne - a boy and a girl
Prince Andrew- 2 girls
Prince Edward - a girl and a boy
It will be interesting if the generation now having children likewise stays with two, although I wouldn't be surprised if Zara only had the one child, given her career.
I will say that the Wales branch of the family tree is overdue for a princess:)

I have been surprised that every single grandchild of George VI had two children:
Princess Margaret's children:
Viscount Linley - a boy and a girl
Lady Sarah Chatto - 2 boys
The Queen's children:
Prince Charles - 2 boys
Princess Anne - a boy and a girl
Prince Andrew- 2 girls
Prince Edward - a girl and a boy
It will be interesting if the generation now having children likewise stays with two, although I wouldn't be surprised if Zara only had the one child, given her career.
I will say that the Wales branch of the family tree is overdue for a princess:)

The last Time The Wales Family had more Girls then Boys were Edward and Alexandra and the last time a girl was born to a current Prince and Princess of Wales. George and Mary only had one Daughter, Edward VIII of course didn't have kids. If we go even further back there Princess Charlotte of Wales. the Last time there was a daughter born to a Prince and Princess of Wales was George and Mary in 1897 although they were still Duke and Duchess of York. So in the last 218 Years only 5 Princesses have been born in the Wales Branch so yes it is long overdue for another princess birth.

I have notice that about Prince Charles and his Generation. But each Generation seem to set a precedence, The Queen and Her Cousin had more kids then Charles, his Siblings and Cousins had. You will see as you go back that each generation have more kids then the one that follow and usually about the same amount for example: Victoria: 7-10 Edward VII: 6-9 George V: 5-7. I notice it in my own family as well, My Grandparents and their Generation Had more kids then Parents and their Generation. My Great Grandparents and their Generation had more kids then my Grandparents and so.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

Girl or Boy?

Well here we go again!

1st baby it was definitely going to be a girl. (Helicopter pilots are more prone to have girls). Not so, says George!

How it goes in families:

Charles 2 boys
Anne 1 boy 1 girl (Anne's children 3 girls).
Andrew 2 girls
Edward 1 boy 1 girl.

Very interesting to read about the previous generations.

Is it possible to get a fairly accurate guess of girl or boy from these studies. (i.e. Is it a sister or brother for George)?

Maybe it's my imagination, but it seems as if the BRF is more apt to produce boys?
(Although according to your list, it's even.)

I don't really care; either will be welcome!

A girl, but it does notr really matter, I think they will have more that two. My big wish is only for health.

I think it will be a girl this time, but it would be nice to have two brothers like William and Harry too. A boy would also make a change after three great-granddaughters for the Queen in Anne's family.

Queen Elizabeth's descendants come out so far at 8 boys and 8 girls.

Go further - add in Princess Margaret's descendants and we have 4 boys to 2 girls

So George VI has 12 males and 12 female descendants (Elizabeth, Margaret, Anne, Sarah, Zara, Beatrice, Eugenie, Louise, Marguerite, Savannah, Isla and Mia to Charles, Andrew, David, Edward, Peter, William Harry, James, Charles, Samuel, Arthur and George).

Going back to George V:

Edward - 0
Albert - see above (12 of each)
Mary - 14 boys and 10 girls
Henry - 6 boys and 5 girls
George - 14 boys and 11 girls;
John - 0

So since George V it is 48 boys to 38 girls. This does include the three deceased princes who didn't have any children - Edward, John and William and the acknowledged illegitimate children in the Lascelles line. There is one child whose gender I am not sure as I can't work it out from the name.

Also noticed that in August this year the royal consent was given to the marriage of Edward David Lascelles which may be the last such consent given but also is evidence that the new law hasn't come into effect yet.

Last edited:
Iid like a girl very much but tbf I think it's another boy...

And I think the hint is in the morning sickness... I guess it's her way of carrying boys

Tanit Lee Lascelles, born in 1981, has an ambiguous name, but is a girl.

Modern advances in birth control explains the decreasing amount of children people are having. The sex of this baby is based on William and Kate only not what other family members have as children.

People say either girl or boy?

But if I am pressed further as to why I think, for example, a girl, I could not give you any sound reason for believing so, (scientifically)?

So in the year 2014, we still don't know why she had a girl (and not a boy) if she has a girl next year??

I hope Catherine getting all the rest she needs and judging by William's smiling face, I don't think she is as sick as she was the first time around. That's good news, IMO. It's beautiful to watch William & Catherine grow their family and that George will have a little sister or brother several months down the road.

The Duchess of Cambridge is being cared for throughout her pregnancy by two doctors who assisted at the birth of Prince George.

The official statement announcing Kate's pregnancy revealed that she is suffering from Hyperemesis Gravidarum, the extreme sickness she also had during her first pregnancy with Prince George, and is being treated by doctors at her Kensington Palace apartment.

"She is at home being looked after by the surgeon gynaecologist to the Queen, Alan Farthing [pictured right], and the surgeon gynaecologist to the royal household, Guy Thorpe-Beeston [pictured left]," a palace spokeswoman added.
Pregnant Kate: The royal baby doctors looking after the pregnant Duchess of Cambridge - Parentdish UK

Well here we go again!

1st baby it was definitely going to be a girl. (Helicopter pilots are more prone to have girls). Not so, says George!

How it goes in families:

Charles 2 boys
Anne 1 boy 1 girl (Anne's children 3 girls).
Andrew 2 girls
Edward 1 boy 1 girl.

If you go back further
Elizabeth II Three Sons One Daughter
George VI Two Daughters
George V Five Sons One Daughter
Edward VII Three Sons (one Died shortly after Birth) Three Daughters
Victoria Five Daughters Four Sons
George III Nine Sons Six Daughters

In almost every Generation Going back To George I (Including Fredrick The Prince Of Wales) The Monarch (Or Heir) had at least One Son and One Daughter. Of the 65 Legitimate Children (not counting George IV as he is Victoria Uncle) born to Monarchs or Heirs in the last 300 Years 41 have been Sons and 25 have been Daughters.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom