The Duchess of Cambridge is pregnant with a second child

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
When was the Baby expected ? In February ? Or in March ?

The Date was not known, was it ?

I don't think she'll make it to Malta. Just a thought - let Princess Beatrice go in her place. The Princess wants to be more active in the RF. She's made overseas working visits before and did fine. That way all of the planning that the residents did for the trip wouldn't go to waste.

When was the Baby expected ? In February ? Or in March ?

The Date was not known, was it ?

The date is not known, the month will be announced when Catherine passes the 3 month mark.

Congratulations to William and Catherine on their announcement and here's hoping for a healthy boy or girl in the spring! I can't wait to see George as a big brother!

Congratulations!! I am sure they are happy, but poor dear Catherine having to go through such a hard time again. I hope it doesn't last long and she can enjoy a stress free pregnancy. This is lovely news when there is generally awful news around. I am very pleased for both. Hope its a girl this time.

I am sooooo excited though I hate that she is feeling unwell. I got online this morning looking to see how William and Kate's engagement went and was surprised to find out she is pregnant!

They ain't wasting time

I am sure peoples said about Queen Victoria and Queen Charlotte as well back in the Days. Lol.

But you are right about that as Her last Pregnancy Announcement was less then Two Years Ago.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

Last edited:
Kate is going on 33 next January. So there wasn't going to be a huge gap between George and baby 2. Plus when William is heir apparent, they will be much busier. While the Queen is still in good health, it's the ideal time for children and having time with them out of the spotlight. In five years, they might not have much free time.

Plus the gap between George and his little bro/sis is very close to the gap between Kate and Pippa and William and Harry.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Last edited:
Amen,,,,enjoy them whilst they're young..
After all this baby making,time to get serious and work..

"Their Royal Highnesses The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge are very pleased to announce that the Duchess of Cambridge is expecting their second child," the statement said. "The Queen and members of both families are delighted with the news." The baby will become fourth in line to the throne, and push Prince Harry to fifth. The Duchess’ sickness — called hyperemesis gravidarum — may require additional hydration, medication and nutrients, and will prevent her attending a planned visit to Oxford on Monday. She required hospitalization during her first pregnancy. Bookmakers were already taking bets on the name and birth date within hours of the announcement. London-based William Hill offered “Alexander” as most likely at 9 to 1, with the Duchess giving birth to twins offered at 20 to 1.
Prince William, Kate Middleton Are Expecting Second Child - NBC News

What wonderful news!!
William and Catherine are elated!!
Congratulations to William Arthur and Catherine Elizabeth!!
:lancasterrose::lancasterrose::lancasterrose::lancasterrose::lancasterrose::lancasterrose::lancasterrose::lancasterrose:

Great news

Alright friends and neighbors, I feel a strong need to jump in and respond to the carping on the first 3 pages of this thread. :bang:

Going from my family experience, it is possible to know almost immediately that one is pregnant because this severe morning sickness strikes almost at once and literally lays one out. Both my mother and my sister experienced this with each of their pregnancies. (I have no children). So the Duchess could be only a few days or a few weeks pregnant. Wasn't she barely a month along when they had to announce the first one?

It is also possible that this timing, though welcome, is as much a surprise to our young couple as to anyone else...surprises happen.:)

It is also true that the Duchess is no longer a spring chicken and really should get her child bearing out of the way asap. The older she gets, the less fertile and the greater the risk of birth defect. Yes, I know she is not 35 yet, but she is close. And yes many celebrities have born children well into their 40s, but most of them do it with donated eggs and surrogates, which are not possible for the Cambridges. So they really need to create their family without further delay.

Also, any illness or accident could cause an event to be cancelled or delayed. It happens. I am sure everyone will get over their disappointment.

I wish them well!!!!:baby::heart1:

Congratulations to the couple, BRF & Middleton's! Excited about George's little brother or sister

It also probably helps that they went through the severe morning sickness with George. The second time they are more aware what worked and did not to help Kate feel better.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Congratulations to the Cambridges! I hope Catherine feels better soon. I had "normal" morning sickness with my three kids but this is so much worse. One of our national morning programs had an ob-gyn on the show who gave this analogy: morning sickness is to hyperenemesis gravidarum as a spring shower is to a category five hurricane.

Congratulations to the parents en big brother to be :), such wonderfull news, hopefully her HG will be better soon.
(and this is so 'funny' for me, they got married one day before me and my husband, prince George was born 4 days after our son and now I'm 7 weeks pregnant and they are also excpecting again :p)

How unusual! Congratulations on your own expectations! Stay well. :flowers:

Poor William must have been in a real state worrying about his wife the first time around when she was hospitalised, now this time he can be a little more relaxed knowing a lot more about it. He would be thrilled about a second bub on the way. As must the rest of the family. [BRF] I sincerely hope she doesn't have to suffer for too long.
And congratulations Lady Nimue.

Last edited:
Good to hear something nice for a change. Now let's all get on with our lives and leave the Cambridge's to get along with theirs without too much press and public intrusion.

Congratulations to the parents en big brother to be :), such wonderfull news, hopefully her HG will be better soon.
(and this is so 'funny' for me, they got married one day before me and my husband, prince George was born 4 days after our son and now I'm 7 weeks pregnant and they are also excpecting again :p)

Congratulations!
I had a similar experience with the Danish twins. They were born on my duedate and my daughter was born 9 days later.

Very happy news.

That will be great for George to get a companion in life

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom