The Duchess of Cambridge is pregnant with a second child

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

wbenson

Former Moderator
City
-
Country
United States
400px-Combined_Coat_of_Arms_of_William_and_Catherine_the_Duke_and_Duchess_of_Cambridgesvg_zps04146266.png

http://www.princeofwales.gov.uk/med...of-cambridge-are-expecting-their-second-child

Their Royal Highnesses The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge are very pleased to announce that The Duchess of Cambridge is expecting their second child.

The Queen and members of both families are delighted with the news.

As with her first pregnancy, The Duchess is suffering from Hyperemesis Gravidarum. Her Royal Highness will no longer accompany The Duke of Cambridge on their planned engagement in Oxford today. The Duchess of Cambridge is being treated by doctors at Kensington Palace.

Last edited:
Their Royal Highnesses The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge are very pleased to announce that The Duchess of Cambridge is expecting their second child.
The Queen and members of both families are delighted with the news.
As with her first pregnancy, The Duchess is suffering from Hyperemesis Gravidarum. Her Royal Highness will no longer accompany The Duke of Cambridge on their planned engagement in Oxford today. The Duchess of Cambridge is being treated by doctors at Kensington Palace.

Woot woot let's the hysteria begin :

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-Duchess-Cambridge-pregnant-second-child.html

Last edited:
Yaaay!!! A baby brother or sister for George! Congrats to to the happy family!

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

Well that's not unexpected. Today's event is going to be an uproar!

Actually never mind;

@RoyalCentral: Due to acute morning sickness, The Duchess of Cambridge will no longer accompany William on their planned engagement in Oxford today.

Why say she was going to the engagement when they obviously knew she wouldn't be.

Happy news of the expected child! and good health to mother and babe.

Yay :) I believed that we would have to wait longer for a second child. Big surprise for me :)

Congratulations to the Duke and Duchess!

Congratulations to Catherine, William and George!:rose::rose::rose:

Actually never mind;

@RoyalCentral: Due to acute morning sickness, The Duchess of Cambridge will no longer accompany William on their planned engagement in Oxford today.

Why say she was going to the engagement when they obviously knew she wouldn't be.
Since we can only speculate on how far along she is it is possible they hoped she would not suffer from Hyperemesis Gravidarum. Perhaps the doctors even told them it might never happen again.

As a matter of interest, when was the last time she was seen in public?

Yay :) I believed that we would have to wait longer for a second child. Big surprise for me :)

It has been mentioned that Kate wants her children close together in age, so I've been expecting it.
Wonder what the due date is?

What lovely news! It's the perfect start for a new week! I'm not their biggest fan, but congratulations!

Beautiful news indeed. They are one busy couple, lol.

It has been announced by Clarence House that the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge are expecting their second child. In a statement from Clarence House, The Queen and members of both William and Catherine’s families are delighted with the news that the couple are expecting their second child.
Due to suffering from hypremesis gravidarium, the Duchess will no longer accompany Prince William on their planned engagement in Oxford today. The Duke will continue to attend the engagement later on today, whilst Catherine is being treated by doctors at Kensington Palace.
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge are expecting their second child

I suppose the Malta trip won't happen now. I'm sure the Maltese Government will be very disappointed after all the effort they have put in to make it a nice schedule for her.

Last edited:
I was just woken up w/a BBC News Alert, but considering what's going on in the World, I was too scared to check. Then came the CTV and CBC News Alerts and I thought since it was obviously big news, I'd better sit up and look.

I am so happy I did. How lovely to be woken up by this kind of news. :D :D :D

Congratulations to William, Kate and George!!

Now here's to a much easier early time of things for Kate this second time around.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

What a surprise! And congratulations!!!!!!!

Happy news for the family

Maybe Kate hoped she would feel up to the visit to Oxford. It is not like she deliberately came down with this severe form of morning sickness.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community

Actually never mind;

That's probably the reason why they have to announce the good news today - to explain why she could not accompany William in Oxford today.

And congrats to future grandparents and great-grandparents, of course!

The Duchess of Cambridge is pregnant with her second child, Kensington Palace has announced.

The Duchess and the Duke of Cambridge were "very pleased to announce" the happy news, their spokesman said.

It means Prince George will have a brother or sister in the spring of 2015. The new baby will replace Prince Harry as the fourth in line to the throne.

As with her first pregnancy, the Duchess is suffering from pregnancy sickness, for which she is being treated at her home in Kensington Palace.

She has cancelled a planned visit to Oxford today, where she and the Duke were due to open the Dickson Poon University of Oxford China Centre Building. The Duke will instead attend on his own.

The Queen and members of both the Duke and Duchess's families are "delighted" with the news, Kensington Palace said.
Duchess of Cambridge pregnant with second child - Telegraph

Very excited about the new baby :), although very sorry to hear that poor Kate has got severe morning sickness again. I'd assume it's the same as last time - it's early days but they've made the announcement sooner than they'd otherwise have done because of the hyperemesis gravidarum. If she's only about 2 months along, George should be getting a little brother or sister a few weeks before his second birthday.

ETA - brain out of action!! No idea how I made it July! April!

Last edited:
I hoping for a little baby brother for Prince George!

Last edited:
Congratulations. Its a good thing to have a sibling for George straight away. Downside is that we wont see Kate on a working agenda for another 2 years.

I'll say it again...How lovely it is for something happy to be *the* lead news story for a change!!!

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom