The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 09-08-2014, 09:30 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyCatharine View Post
They ain't wasting time
Best to get all the dirty nappies and bottles out of the way fast! There was only 19 months between Beatrice and Eugenie.

Old 09-08-2014, 09:47 PM
Nobility

Amen,,,,enjoy them whilst they're young..
After all this baby making,time to get serious and work..

Old 09-08-2014, 10:02 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
"Their Royal Highnesses The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge are very pleased to announce that the Duchess of Cambridge is expecting their second child," the statement said. "The Queen and members of both families are delighted with the news." The baby will become fourth in line to the throne, and push Prince Harry to fifth. The Duchess’ sickness — called hyperemesis gravidarum — may require additional hydration, medication and nutrients, and will prevent her attending a planned visit to Oxford on Monday. She required hospitalization during her first pregnancy. Bookmakers were already taking bets on the name and birth date within hours of the announcement. London-based William Hill offered “Alexander” as most likely at 9 to 1, with the Duchess giving birth to twins offered at 20 to 1.
Prince William, Kate Middleton Are Expecting Second Child - NBC News
Old 09-08-2014, 10:05 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessOfPeace View Post
Odd how Alexander is given the most likely odds when it is already George's middle name.
Old 09-08-2014, 10:10 PM
Heir Presumptive

Is it true that the media has already set up outside the Lindo Wing?
Old 09-08-2014, 10:11 PM
Heir Presumptive

What wonderful news!!
William and Catherine are elated!!
Congratulations to William Arthur and Catherine Elizabeth!!

Old 09-08-2014, 10:19 PM
Gentry

Great news

Alright friends and neighbors, I feel a strong need to jump in and respond to the carping on the first 3 pages of this thread.

Going from my family experience, it is possible to know almost immediately that one is pregnant because this severe morning sickness strikes almost at once and literally lays one out. Both my mother and my sister experienced this with each of their pregnancies. (I have no children). So the Duchess could be only a few days or a few weeks pregnant. Wasn't she barely a month along when they had to announce the first one?

It is also possible that this timing, though welcome, is as much a surprise to our young couple as to anyone else...surprises happen.

It is also true that the Duchess is no longer a spring chicken and really should get her child bearing out of the way asap. The older she gets, the less fertile and the greater the risk of birth defect. Yes, I know she is not 35 yet, but she is close. And yes many celebrities have born children well into their 40s, but most of them do it with donated eggs and surrogates, which are not possible for the Cambridges. So they really need to create their family without further delay.

Also, any illness or accident could cause an event to be cancelled or delayed. It happens. I am sure everyone will get over their disappointment.

I wish them well!!!!
Old 09-08-2014, 10:21 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by GracieGiraffe View Post
Nothing like getting a headstart on things and jockey for the best position!
Old 09-08-2014, 10:29 PM
Heir Presumptive

Congratulations to the couple, BRF & Middleton's! Excited about George's little brother or sister
Old 09-08-2014, 10:29 PM
Heir Apparent

It also probably helps that they went through the severe morning sickness with George. The second time they are more aware what worked and did not to help Kate feel better.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Old 09-08-2014, 10:34 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by GracieGiraffe View Post
Very funny
Old 09-09-2014, 02:40 AM
Nobility

Congratulations to the Cambridges! I hope Catherine feels better soon. I had "normal" morning sickness with my three kids but this is so much worse. One of our national morning programs had an ob-gyn on the show who gave this analogy: morning sickness is to hyperenemesis gravidarum as a spring shower is to a category five hurricane.
Old 09-09-2014, 03:04 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by elisabetteke View Post
Congratulations to the parents en big brother to be :-), such wonderfull news, hopefully her HG will be better soon.
(and this is so 'funny' for me, they got married one day before me and my husband, prince George was born 4 days after our son and now I'm 7 weeks pregnant and they are also excpecting again :-p)
How unusual! Congratulations on your own expectations! Stay well.
Old 09-09-2014, 03:31 AM
Serene Highness

Poor William must have been in a real state worrying about his wife the first time around when she was hospitalised, now this time he can be a little more relaxed knowing a lot more about it. He would be thrilled about a second bub on the way. As must the rest of the family. [BRF] I sincerely hope she doesn't have to suffer for too long.
And congratulations Lady Nimue.
Old 09-09-2014, 05:49 AM
Nobility

Good to hear something nice for a change. Now let's all get on with our lives and leave the Cambridge's to get along with theirs without too much press and public intrusion.
Old 09-09-2014, 07:04 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by elisabetteke View Post
Congratulations to the parents en big brother to be :-), such wonderfull news, hopefully her HG will be better soon.
(and this is so 'funny' for me, they got married one day before me and my husband, prince George was born 4 days after our son and now I'm 7 weeks pregnant and they are also excpecting again :-p)
Congratulations!
I had a similar experience with the Danish twins. They were born on my duedate and my daughter was born 9 days later.
Old 09-09-2014, 10:47 AM
Serene Highness

The yet-to-be-born royal already has its own Wiki page:
Second child of the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Old 09-09-2014, 11:00 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
The yet-to-be-born royal already has its own Wiki page:
Second child of the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
it's TOO soon for this, in my opinion. I wish Catherine the best but in the first few weeks of pregnancy there is always a risk of its termination.
Old 09-09-2014, 11:17 AM
Courtier

Will second royal baby be new Prince Andrew or modern Henry VIII | Mail Online

Being the eldest is not always better!
Old 09-09-2014, 11:38 AM
Commoner

Very happy news.

That will be great for George to get a companion in life

Closed Thread