The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-01-2015, 06:11 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacknch View Post
I cannot imagine how much excitement there will be when we hear that Catherine is in labour and then the excitement when the official announcement of the birth is made. Then there is the hospital departure and the announcement of the name. We have a long way yet to go folks!
How long after the birth is the name known?

Queen Mathilde
Old 05-01-2015, 06:12 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_ View Post
How long after the birth is the name known?
George's name was confirmed 2 days after his birth.

Old 05-01-2015, 06:27 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacknch View Post
I cannot imagine how much excitement there will be when we hear that Catherine is in labour and then the excitement when the official announcement of the birth is made. Then there is the hospital departure and the announcement of the name. We have a long way yet to go folks!
...then we'll wait for the christening date, the announcement of the godparents, the christening itself... until it is school, university, girl-/boyfriend, engagement... We will be busy for a lifetime. Maybe that's what is putting baby off?

Old 05-01-2015, 07:04 PM
Aristocracy

OK, baby Cambridge. There's a public holiday in the UK on Monday and I'm working all weekend. So either arrive asap or Tuesday.

Hope you all enjoy the excitement (or not) over the weekend.
Old 05-01-2015, 07:16 PM
Heir Presumptive

On the contrary! I'm off until Tuesday so Baby Cambridge- make it happen!
Old 05-01-2015, 07:30 PM
Gentry

I think mother day think I will be right
Old 05-01-2015, 07:36 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by janjan View Post
I think mother day think I will be right
I don't think the leave it that long.
Old 05-01-2015, 07:53 PM
Courtier

Jesal Parshotam - the chap who photographed the Duchess of Cambridge entering the hospital in labour with Prince George - has tweeted that tonight may be the night.

More activity around the Lindo Wing at this time of night than any previous night.

Six uniformed police officers spotted doing more checks.

If the Duchess does go into under cover of darkness, I'm impressed with those who named May 2nd as the birth date all that time back.
Old 05-01-2015, 08:01 PM
Courtier

Thanks Sun Lion you always come up with the goods.
Old 05-01-2015, 08:02 PM
Courtier

Interesting I just followed him on twitter. I think we all agree it will be any time now, It just a matter of when.
Old 05-01-2015, 08:05 PM
Heir Presumptive

Niraj Tanna just tweeted about the Sunday papers getting the scoop - he's one of those paps who's always around. Maybe he sees the activity too.
Old 05-01-2015, 08:12 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Lion View Post
Jesal Parshotam - the chap who photographed the Duchess of Cambridge entering the hospital in labour with Prince George - has tweeted that tonight may be the night.

More activity around the Lindo Wing at this time of night than any previous night.

Six uniformed police officers spotted doing more checks.

If the Duchess does go into under cover of darkness, I'm impressed with those who named May 2nd as the birth date all that time back.
I hope this will be over for Catherine in the hours to come. Can't be easy for her to be overdue.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by royalistbert View Post

Thanks Sun Lion you always come up with the goods.

You're welcome royalistbert.

And just another thing that seemed a bit far-fetched a couple of weeks ago when I first saw it tweeted -

Some one not only named May 2nd as the day, but said it would be an elected section.

With everyone so focused on an April birth, this seemed right "out there" at the time.

Now if this comes to pass - well, someone is "in the know".

And as another tweeter pointed out, a long time ago Mrs Middleton was quoted as "hoping for a May baby".

I now remember reading that somewhere, it rang a bell to have it brought up again.

I should have kept that in mind - would have saved a lot of internet surfing the last week or two.

(And Auntie Pippa spent the anticipated birthdate weekend, April 25th, in Venice - so not worried about missing out.

She and brother James have been photographed fixing a flat tyre - better now than on the way for the first baby visit I guess.)
Heir Presumptive

An interesting tweet from what appears to be a random tweeter:

Delphine A ϟ ✏️ ‏@Delphiine_A 5m5 minutes ago
Evening at a friend's place who lives in Paddington : there is bloody paps EVERYWHERE #RoyalBaby #waiting
Old 05-01-2015, 08:15 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by GracieGiraffe View Post
Niraj Tanna just tweeted about the Sunday papers getting the scoop - he's one of those paps who's always around. Maybe he sees the activity too.

Now that makes sense GracieGiraffe - if baby doesn't arrive in the world under her/his own steam before-hand, you would time an intervention/helping-hand for the news to be carried on a Sunday - and a long weekend in Britain at that.

I think this is it now.
Old 05-01-2015, 09:47 PM
Serene Highness

Perhaps the police have been notified that Catherine will soon be arriving at the hospital to be induced. ????
Old 05-01-2015, 10:01 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_ View Post
We have a seated dinner at our place tonight, and I have exactly the time between two plates to check the baby. My parents might say I'm a very impolite girl, but hey, it's the royal baby and it could be the last time in 30 years... so
This will not be the last Royal baby in 30 years. I am almost certain the Cambridges will not stop at two. Then we have the Luxembourg princes and the gorgeous Princes and Princesses in your own home country, just to name a few!
Old 05-01-2015, 10:05 PM
Serene Highness

Yikes! All Royal baby making will stop for thirty years? Poor folks
Old 05-01-2015, 11:01 PM
Aristocracy

lol. aaah, it'll be alright, because it has too. She'll give birth, eventually. The wait is interesting.
Old 05-01-2015, 11:15 PM
Gentry

It's time to make like a baby and head out!

William needs to ever so gently tap the bump and tell that child that one really cannot sit one's college exams from the womb.

Closed Thread