The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-30-2015, 01:58 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellin View Post
Parents and relatives almost always want the new baby to be of certain gender, it doesn't mean they love it less when he is born. If it's a boy, then Prince Charles will have to wait the next baby Cambridge or ask Harry to make him a granddaughter.
Not where I live... Seems rather dated to me.

Old 04-30-2015, 02:07 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
What do you mean? Swedish parents don't try to predict the sex of the baby and don't have any expectations? Even subconsciously?

Old 04-30-2015, 02:17 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by hernameispekka View Post
That's exactly what I said yesterday and was later deleted along with the other "off-topic" posts. Most of the people I know decide how many babies they would like to have prior to getting married with the default now being apparently two. Guys many times say they would like their first born to be a boy, but, after having their two planned children, they don't try a third just because both happen to be girls. It seems to me that a baby's gender is not really a big deal where I come from.
Old 04-30-2015, 02:32 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
ask Harry to make him a granddaughter.
Well, well...that will not depend on Harry...
Old 04-30-2015, 02:38 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
What do you mean? Swedish parents don't try to predict the sex of the baby and don't have any expectations? Even subconsciously?
Ofc there are. But gender neutrality is a very big deal in Sweden, and for a brief while wishing for a girl to buy cute dresses is a whole other thing than telling the press/random person that you would prefer one gender over another. WHY does you want that gender, to go to balett, have a calm kid? What is determening that the girl born will be "girly"?
Old 04-30-2015, 02:39 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
that will not depend on Harry
The baby's gender is determined by father's chromosomes anyway. And there is one else who Charles could ask to give him a dranddaughter...

Quote:
WHY does you want that gender, to go to balett, have a calm kid? What is determening that the girl born will be "girly"?
I don't know why Charles wants to have a granddaughter but I suppose(I don't have kids myself) the experience of raising a girl is different from raising a boy. If nothing else, just to have an opportunity to buy pretty dresses and other cute things.
Old 04-30-2015, 02:49 PM
Imperial Majesty

No matter what gender the baby will be, she or he will be surrounded by love from both families. Charles and his late wife, Diana, also wanted a girl after Harry. It would be nice to have a new born princess too.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 04-30-2015, 02:50 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
Video:
Royal fans have been waiting patiently for over a week at the Lindo Wing for the birth of The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge's second child. Terry Hutt is celebrating his 80th birthday today and is hoping for an extra special royal gift. Shows: Intv Terry Hutt and intv Margaret Tyler-

Home - ITNSource News
There's something seriously wrong about these people
Don't they feel the need to take a shower or eat something? Take a nap maybe?

Anyway, I knew this was going to be a May baby and certainly a Taurus! My bet is on a chubby girl!
Old 04-30-2015, 02:51 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Charles and his late wife, Diana, also wanted a girl after Harry. It would be nice to have a new born princess too.
AFTER Harry? I thought they were not on good terms with each other at that time already...
Quote:
Don't they have their families, friends, jobs?
Old 04-30-2015, 02:55 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Don't they have their families, friends, jobs?
Why, thank you!
Old 04-30-2015, 03:01 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoorMeansLight View Post
There's something seriously wrong about these people

Anyway, I knew this was going to be a May baby and certainly a Taurus! My bet is on a chubby girl!
Yes, something very serious called "Royal Baby Fever"
I don't think they are there all the time for a week, I guess they go home eventually to take a shower or to see if everything is ok but it has to be quick!

We passed the 60th page! Will we reach the 100th before the baby is born?
Old 04-30-2015, 03:02 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Why, thank you!
Sorry if I offended someone but it's really strange to sit near the hospital for days without any real signs. I would get tired after three-four first days...
Quote:
We passed the 60th page! Will we reach the 100th before the baby is born?
I don't think so. I hope we don't!
Old 04-30-2015, 03:09 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Sorry if I offended someone but it's really strange to sit near the hospital for days without any real signs. I would get tired after three-four first days...
Am I missing something here? I know the pens have been set up but I thought there was some kind of restriction that people were not to gather outside the Lindo wing until it was announced that Kate was in labor.
“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Old 04-30-2015, 03:11 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
I know the pens have been set up but I thought there was some kind of restriction that people were not to gather outside the Lindo wing until it was announced that Kate was in labor.
But obviously some of then still gather. And even get breakfast from the Palace.
Old 04-30-2015, 03:17 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
Am I missing something here? I know the pens have been set up but I thought there was some kind of restriction that people were not to gather outside the Lindo wing until it was announced that Kate was in labor.
It's only for the press pen. The sidewalk have people walking by all the time since it's a normal street so there are some individuals camping out there.

And I take real offense of people saying these people are crazy. What gives you the power to decide that if they think this is fun (and it probably is fun, like a camp with people you get to know and have similar interests) who are you to tell them it's not worthy. One of them is 80, so yes. He probably doesn't have a job. And if they don't have a family, don't you want them to have this company and fun time? And when is it concidered "crazy"? Camping for a movie, concert, convention? Going to a camp where people have one interest? You concentrate on your own life and let them live theirs!
Old 04-30-2015, 03:23 PM
Heir Presumptive

Is it out yet? No...okay then.
Old 04-30-2015, 03:44 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by GracieGiraffe View Post
Is it out yet? No...okay then.

Thanks for the laughs
Old 04-30-2015, 03:46 PM
Serene Highness

The man never got his daughter and really really wants a grandaughter to dote on.cut him some slack.
Old 04-30-2015, 04:23 PM
Heir Apparent

"I just have a feeling it's a boy because this pregnancy has mirrored the first pregnancy" @katienicholl on the #RoyalBaby #RoyalBabyWatch

And with this one being late too I have changed my mind and think it will be another boy too
Old 04-30-2015, 04:27 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty91charmed View Post
"I just have a feeling it's a boy because this pregnancy has mirrored the first pregnancy" @katienicholl on the #RoyalBaby #RoyalBabyWatch

And with this one being late too I have changed my mind and think it will be another boy too
It does really mean nothing. There is no way to know for sure the baby sex other than to have it out of the womb and look between his legs. Even ultrasounds can be wrong.

Closed Thread